How Can I Get Guardian Visa In Malaysia

All Guardian Pass applications will be held by the High Commission of Malaysia at the respective visa application centres in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast only. There is no need to send your application via courier or post. All application forms will only be accepted on this official website of High Commission of Malaysia. Hence, all applicants are encouraged to apply online via this website. Guardian visa is a kind of Australia permanent visa that can be gotten by the aged people (over 60s) or parents, who want to live with their children. For the aged people, they have to apply for an aged parent visa. We can also call this type of Australia Visitor Visa as Parent Visa or Aged Relatives Australian Visa.

How Can I Get Guardian Visa In Malaysia

It is known that Malaysia’s immigration system and program allows great flexibility. The top immigration programmes in Malaysia are not limited to the Prime Minister’s Department, but also available in other ministries like Human Resource Ministry, Economic Planning Ministry, Science, Technology and Environment Ministry and others. Advantages to check out Malaysia immigration program.

Visas and Permission to Study Page

  1. Home
  2. Visas and Permission to Study Page
BSKL welcomes students and families who are non-Malaysian residents or citizens, but all non-Malaysian students need to have a valid visa type which allows them to study in the country.

BSKL is required to keep a copy of current visas for all students and parents.

In addition, non-resident visa types also need to have a Permit to Study stamp in their passports for each year of study in Malaysia.

Permit to Study Stamp

  • Employment Pass Holders (and their dependents), Resident Pass Holders (and their dependents), and Diplomatic Pass Holders (and their dependents) need to have a Permit to Study stamp in their visa.
    • Generally your employer, embassy, or visa agent will submit the application to the Immigration Office for a Permit to Study stamp. If you need an enrolment letter please contact our visa liaison.

Student Pass Visa Types

Malaysia grants student passes to qualifying students to study in international schools in Malaysia. One guardian pass is allowed for a student pass holder and dependent passes are available for younger siblings who are not old enough to attend school.

Student Pass Application Process

  • Family enrols at BSKL by returning the declaration form and paying the enrolment fee
  • BSKL applies for a Letter of Support from the Ministry of Education (MOE) on behalf of the student and guardian.
    • BSKL needs passport copies for all family members and your local address in Malaysia
    • MOE sends the letter back to the school and BSKL packages your letter with additional enrolment information needed by the Immigration Office for the Student Pass application
    • Families pick up their MOE Support Letter and school documents to include with their application for the student pass.
  • Families apply for a student pass via Malaysia’s Immigration Office. BSKL recommends families engage the services of a visa agent.
  • The Immigration Office processes the student pass and guardian pass applications and issues the visas and Permit to Study passes
  • Please contact our visa liaison to work through the Student Pass Application process. It can take 4-6 weeks to complete the process and under the current pandemic restrictions processing times may be further delayed.


To qualify for a dependant pass, do note that it is only applicable to family members if the student is studying a bachelor’s degree or above.

You can apply for a Dependant Pass for your immediate family members (parents, spouse and children only) through EMGS. Immigration will issue your dependants with a Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) for a maximum duration of 12 months at a time. The LTSVP will only be valid for as long as the student has a valid Student Pass.

This application will be made through the educational institution on behalf of your dependants who are in Malaysia. Each dependant who enters Malaysia on a social pass will be subject to a ‘Journey Performed’ visa fee of RM500 as well as a single entry visa fee (subject to nationality).

All postgraduate students enrolled in public and private universities are eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families.

Undergraduate students who are studying for their Bachelor’s Degree will only be eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families if they are citizens of the following countries:

  1. Saudi Arabia
  2. Bahrain
  3. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
  4. Turkey
  5. Qatar
  6. Azerbaijan
  7. Palestinian Territories
  8. Kuwait
  9. Yemen
  10. Iran
  11. Syria
  12. Oman
  13. Jordan
  14. Lebanon
  15. Iraq
  16. Libya
  17. Maldives

Dependant Pass Application for International Students’ Children

Children below the age of 18 years old can remain and study in Malaysia while holding a dependant pass under their parents.

Children of international students aged 18 years and above must apply separately for a student pass in the event that they wish to study in Malaysia.

Leave a Comment