If you are an individual that likes to travel many places around the world, then it is logical to know how to get tourist visa for Malta. This article provides you with some tips and recommendations that can be applied in order to get your tourist visa without any problems or complaints.malta tourist visa is important document to travel in Malta. Maltese visa policy is that citizens of foreign country cannot travel in Malta unless they show their valid own passport or identity card and to get visa of Malta is must.
Tourism is a major industry in Malta and this gives potential visitors ample reason to visit the island. The fact that Malta has been named one of the top eco-tourism destinations in the world makes it all the more attractive. This includes the growth of investment in hotel tourism which has led to an improvement in services for tourists on the island. Plans for major projects have also been implemented which is expected to improve living standards for locals and tourists alike. There are some countries which are very strict when it comes to entry requirements so it is advisable to do your own research to ensure you meet their criteria before applying.
How Can I Get Tourist Visa For Malta
Malta Visa Application Requirements, Fees and Guidelines
Information about different Maltese VISA types, document requirements for the application, visa fees and application form.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Malta, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occassion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Malta Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Maltese Schengen Visa since 2007 when Malta as a Member State of the European Union also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
Malta Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Malta, as well as the rest of the EU and Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2020.
Malta extended the entry ban to include EU and Schengen Area nationals as well.
It, however, reopened borders for the residents of Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Whereas, as of July 15, Malta has lifted the entry ban for the residents of:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
Travel from other third countries is allowed only on humanitarian grounds or if their travel is deemed essential, following a specific authorization issued by the Superintendent of Public Health.
General required documents for Maltese Visa Application:
- Download Malta Visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Malta Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy,
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Maltese Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages,
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required,
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Malta and the entire Schengen area,
- A visa cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Malta and itinerary,
- Flight ticket reservation (if applicable),
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Malta.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Malta. According to the information provided by the European Commission, a foreign national who wants to enter the territory of Malta, while applying for a Malta Visa it needs to attest owning 48€/day for the period of stay, to the Malta Embassy or Consulate.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Malta Visa application.
Additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Malta Visa Application:
Malta Tourist Schengen Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor in Malta – if applicable,
- Bank statement of the last 6 months,
- Passport copies.
Malta Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Maltese company you will be visiting and their detailed address in Malta accompanied with the dates of your visit,
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel,
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided,
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months,
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents,
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Malta Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report,
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Malta, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation,
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
Malta Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage,
- Names of the applicants (crew members),
- Duration of stay in Malta,
- Travel itinerary.
Malta Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy,
- Identity of applicant,
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations) in Malta,
- Duration of stay in Malta,
- Place of accommodation in Malta.
Malta Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses,
- Certificate of completion or courses attended,
- Financial sustenance.
Malta Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Maltese citizen:
- Proof of Maltese citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Maltese nationality or naturalization order)
- Maltese marriage certificate
- Maltese family record book
Malta Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country,
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination.
Malta Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at Maltese embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Where to Apply for Visa to Malta?
You must lodge you Schengen visa applications at Malta’s diplomatic missions or its representations only if Malta is your main destination, or if Malta is your first entry into the Schengen area.
In those countries where Malta is served by a Visa Application Centre, applications are to be submitted through these centres, as per list below:
Applying for Visa to Malta in Algeria
The visa applications should be submitted at the visa application center in Algiers and Oran.
VFS VAC MALTE -ALGER
Cité Bouteldja Houidef No1,
Ben Aknoun Algiers
For information call: +213 (0) 41985503 between 09:00 to 16:00hrs Sunday – Thursday
VFS VAC MALTE -ORAN
Cité el Othmania ( Ex Maraval), Angle C ORAN.
For information call: +213 (0) 41985503 between 09:00 to 16:00 hrs Sunday – Thursday