For a Professional Workpermit Canada, you need to get hired by a Canadian company first. If your company is in Canada, then you have applied for the work permit and they have a positive decision from that. Basically, all new candidates should have a positive decision before they leave their own country.If you are looking to working in Canada, then you will be interested to know more about the need for a work permit. If we talk about the processing time, the duration is between 10 to 12 weeks time. For nine months to one year validity of permit, it is advisable that you file for your application as soon as possible after receiving your invitation letter from HRSDC. There are several methods by which an employer can sponsor a foreign national to work in Canada on a temporary basis. Which one applies depends on the position you have been offered and your country of citizenship.
How Can I Get Work Permit For Canada From India
You’ve got an option if you want to get jobs in Canada without a Canadian PR Card: the International Experience Canada work permit. It’s not difficult to apply for this visa, but it’s not easy either, especially if you’re doing it on your own.
How Can I Get Canadian Work Visa Form India?
Canada Work Permit enables Indian Passport holders to live and work in Canada for a specified duration under certain conditions. Applicants can choose to carry out either online or offline (paper) application based on their requirements and preferences. Based on the specific program, applicants are required to submit the application form along with specific documents. Only the approved employers in Canada are allowed to hire foreign employees.
The official portal of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) – www.canada.ca provides all the necessary information pertaining to working in Canada, extending a work permit, and also to hire a foreign worker. IRCC is a department of Government of Canada which is responsible for handling and managing Citizenship, Immigration, and Refugees in Canada. The portal can help applicants from around the world to determine whether they need a work permit to be employed in Canada. Applicants can also use the website to learn their rights as a foreign worker in Canada.
Check here to know about: Canada Work Visa
Canada Work Permit Application
Based on the applicant’s skills/experience/profile, he/she may or may not be required to apply for a Work Permit. If the individual is required to obtain a Work Permit, he/she can carry out either the online or offline application process. The application process requires the aspirants to submit the completed application form along with necessary documents. The application process also requires the applicants to pay the required visa fee. The non-refundable visa fee must be paid for the application to process. If needed, IRCC may direct an applicant to appear for an interview at the Consulate of Canada located in Delhi, Chandigarh, Kolkata or Mumbai. Indian Passport holders are not required to provide biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) to enter Canada as a worker. For an Indian applicant, the application may take up to 12 weeks or more if IRCC requires additional documents or clarification from the applicant.
- Online Application – The applications for a Work Permit can be carried out on IRCC’s official website – www.canada.ca by completing the registration process and following the instructions.
- Offline Application – The application can be carried out in-person through one of the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) managed by VFS Global in India. VFS Global provides visa application related services to Indians in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, and Kolkata.
Work Permit Categories
Canada Work Permit is applicable for individuals from the following categories:
- Temporary workers – Canada offers Open Work Permits and Employer-specific Work Permits based on the applicant’s qualification and the nature of the work. Temporary workers are also allowed to change or extend their work permit.
- Business – Applicants who are business visitors, intra-company transferees, professionals, traders, investors, etc. are required to obtain a work permit.
- Permanent workers – The Work Permit allows eligible individuals to immigrate as skilled workers (Express Entry) to Canada.
- Students – Based on qualifying factors, international students are allowed to work on-campus and/or off-campus as co-op students or interns. Additionally, graduated students can either apply for a post-graduation work permit or immigrate permanently through Express Entry.
- Agricultural workers – Individuals who are hired through the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) are eligible for Work Permit application to Canada.
- International Experience Canada – Qualifying applicants can become a candidate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) pool(s) by getting an invitation to apply for a work permit.
Check Here : Visa Renewal
Work Permit Eligibility
In order to apply for a Work Permit, the applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Submit the completed visa application form
- Valid passport or any other travel document specified by IRCC
- Offer of employment
- Letter of invitation
- Medical exam certificate
- Specified documents
- Completed VFS consent form
- Proof of sufficient funds to support the travel
- Other documents, if required.
Application Fee for Work Permits
The application fee is mandatory for the application to be processed. The non-refundable fee is subject to change and varies based on the applicant’s nationality, visa type, application methods, etc. Whether online or offline, applicants are provided with multiple fee payment options. Applications through VFS Global or any other medium will attract additional fee or service charge. The application fee for a Work Permit is listed below:
|Application Category||Canadian Dollar|
|Work Permit (including extensions) – per person||85|
|Work Permit (including extensions) – group of performing artists (3 or more)||170|
|Open Work Permit holder||255|