Alright, so you’ve read all there is to know about getting a visa for India, but the question is: how long is Emergency Visa For India? Well, your journey will take between 15 and 72 hours, depending on the embassy you’re applying at, but while there’s no telling how long you’ll be staying in the country once you step foot on its’ soil, we can tell you how long your visa will last (roughly). Emergency Visa For India is a global immigration consultancy and has served thousands of people like you. They plan, file and implement Visa for you so that you can travel anywhere in the world without obstacles.
How Long Is Emergency Visa For India
Are you an NRI planning to take a family holiday in India? Would you like to know about the emergency visa for India? Read on. When we talk about visa, it can be broadly categorized into two types: Non-Emergency Visa (Normally required by those who are visiting India for tourism, business and medical purpose) Emergency Visa (normally required by tourists during natural calamities)Get All Visa Related Questions Answered. Applying for an emergency visa is simple, provided that you meet the basic requirements and adhere to the specified procedures laid down by the Indian Embassy. If you have further questions on any of the above issues, please feel free to ask us a question in the comment section below!
Urgent Indian eVisa Application | Emergency Visa to India
The Indian government has made efforts to ensure that you travel to India when life presents those unpredictable occurrences like illness, the death of a loved one or legal engagements that necessitate your availability in India.
What is an Emergency Visa?
The urgent visa is an Indian Visa that can be applied for and approved within a day or less for some reasons that were unforeseen and thus could not be planned for beforehand. For example, the death of a close relative, medical reasons or even some law issues that need your presence in India.
Situations like sightseeing, cross-cultural marriages or visiting a friend may be considered urgent and thus you may need other types of visas.
Something incredible is that the Urgent / Emergency Indian e-Visa application can be processed even on weekends for those people who have some emergency / unplanned travel.
The Emergency Indian e-Visa can be issued within 1 to 3 days, after complete application, documents and full payment confirmation. For extremely urgent visas, you may be charged a higher fee for this convenience.
This Urgent Processing / Fast track Visa Services avail for Tourist, Business, Medical, Conference and Medical Attendant treatment traveler.
Things to be Noted:-
- The Urgent / Emergency Visa to India is totally subject to approval only.
- In some cases, like medical cases and death cases, you will be asked to provide a copy of letters from hospital to prove death or illness. Without that letter, your application for the emergency visa may be rejected.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that you provide the correct details like email address, phone number, social messenger to communicate for additional information required.
- Urgent visa application procedure does not process on the National holidays – (The National holidays in India are Republic Day on 26 January, Independence Day on 15 August and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday on 2 October)
- If applicant have multiple valid passport, or the passport damage, or expired or have a valid visa / already granted visa still valid, or multiple visa applications may take a longer time (upto 4 days) to make a visa decision by Government.
Besides the proof of death/illness in applying for the medical visa or emergency visa, you will need other documents.
- A scanned copy of your passport with at least six months validity and two blank pages will be required. The recommended size is 4MB or less.
- Additionally, you will need a recent colored photograph of you. A white background is ideal for clarity. You may even take a digital image using a high-quality smartphone and upload it.
How will you Get the Emergency Visa?
This emergency visa is also a visa on arrival. As such, your urgent visa will be stamped in one of the airports that you use in India. The signboards will be clear and the direction to the particular immigration officer will be easy to notice.
The ideal airport to use is that which nears the location you are going and if it is less busy, the better for fast processing of the visa.
Eligible Country for Urgent | Emergency Indian Visa within 1 to 3 days
The Emergency Visa services will allow citizens of the following countries / territories who had ordinary passports to obtain the urgent e-Visa (unless citizen is of Pakistani origin) …
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Czech Republic