The purpose of this post is to walk you through the steps involved in getting a tourist visa for Australia. It will also give you useful information about the country’s tourist visa requirements, costs, and duration so that you can make an informed decision about applying for a visitor visa for Australia.Australia has a wide range of visitor visa options depending on the purpose of your visit, whether you have a family member or an Australian sponsor, and your nationality. The important thing to consider is how long each visa allows you stay in Australia. This can make a big difference to the places you can go, the plane tickets you can buy and whether or not you will need to apply for another visa while you are here.
How Long Is Tourist Visa For Australia
Following the footsteps of her sister and brother in law, Ola from England decided to travel to Australia and spent 31 days here on a tourist visa. Like so many other UK citizens who want to see what’s across the pond or try out life in another country, Ola decided to travel on a UK Tourist Visa (subclass 600).
AUSTRALIAN VISA AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FAQS
Learn about visa requirements for travel to Australia with this list of frequently asked questions.
Covid-19 travel advice and border status
Please note this page is intended to provide general information only and does not constitute legal advice. Tourism Australia is not the Australian government visa granting authority. For information on visas to enter Australia, visitors should seek the most up-to-date information from Australian Government Department of Home Affairs given the evolving impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on travel. Please visit COVID-19 and the border (homeaffairs.gov.au).*
AUSTRALIAN VISA INFORMATION
Do I need a visa to enter Australia?
Unless you are an Australian citizen, you will need a valid Australian visa to enter the country. New Zealand passport holders can apply for a visa upon arrival in the country. All other passport holders, regardless of age, must apply for a visa before leaving home. You can apply for a range of Australian visa types, including tourist visas and working holiday visas, at your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate. You can also apply for certain types of visas on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website.What types of tourist visas does Australia have?How can I apply for an Australian tourist visa?Can I extend a visitor visa?
WORKING HOLIDAY VISAS
What is a working holiday visa?
Australia’s Working Holiday Maker program allows visitors aged under 30 (or 35 in certain cases) who hold a passport from a participating country to travel and work in Australia. Working holiday visas are valid for one year, or up to three years if you meet certain conditions.
Find out more about working holiday visas here.
Do I need a student visa to study in Australia?
If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a Student Visa (subclass 500). If you are the parent, guardian or relative of a student, you can apply for a Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590). If you would like to travel to Australia for a visit and short-term study, you may be eligible for a visitor visa. A Training Visa (subclass 407) allows you to take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise. A Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) permits temporary entry into Australia for certain programs and projects.
Visit the Department of Home Affairs website to apply for the correct visa to meet your individual circumstances.
RELY ON OUR AUSTRALIA VISITOR VISA EXPERTISE
Visiting Australia to meet friends and family or just for a holiday? The Australia Visit Visa is perfect for leaser and tourism travel to Australia. One of the world’s most uniquely beautiful countries, Australia has much to offer to every visitor. Prominent tourist destinations in Australia includes the Sydney opera house, the Great Barrier Reef, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and many others. It allows for multiple types of visit visas based on your purpose of visiting and you can apply for visit visas under Subclass 600/601/651/444/461/417 and 462. Y-Axis can help you travel with peace of mind with our Australia Visit Visa services.
AUSTRALIA VISIT VISA DETAILS:
The Australia Visit Visa is used by visiting individuals, families and businesspersons to facilitate short travel and tourism to Australia. There are three major subtypes of this visa:
- Tourist visitor: Someone visiting Australia for leisure and recreation or to meet friends and family. You can apply for this from outside or within Australia
- Business visitor: For businesspersons making short business trips
- for business, negotiations or to attend events. You must apply for this from outside Australia
- Sponsored family visitor- For family members outside Australia who are sponsored for a visit visa by an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Visitor visas of longer duration are issued to parents of Australian citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Tourist visitor – 25% of applications: Less than 1 day / 50% of applications: 6 days/ 75% of applications: 26 days / 90% of applications: 37 days
- Business visitor – 25% of applications: Less than 1 day/ 50% of applications: 3 days/ 75% of applications: 9 days / 90% of applications: 25 days
- Sponsored family visitor – 25% of applications: 28 days/ 50% of applications: 36 days/ 75% of applications: 45 days / 90% of applications: 50 days
Processing time of visit visas are dependent on several factors:
- You must have submitted all the required supporting documents when submitting your application
- Your response time to requests for additional information
- Time taken by the authorities to complete the required checks on the information in your application
- Time taken to receive additional information pertaining to your health, character and national security
- Decision to accept or refuse your visa application will be based on the information and documents you provide
It is advisable to make your visa application well in advance of your travel date and not make any travel arrangements till your visa is granted.
PROCESSING TIME OF VARIOUS VISA SUBCATEGORIES
- Tourist visitor- 75% of applications: 21 days/90% of applications: 34 days
- Business visitor- 75% of applications: 21 days/90% of applications: 34 days
- Sponsored family visitor – 75% of applications: 54 days/90% of applications: 64 days
Key points to note about this visa are:
- You cannot work on this visa
- This visa allows you to travel and stay across Australia
- The visa is typically issued for a period between 3 months to one year