In my last article, I talked about the different types of visas that are available to US citizens who want to live in New Zealand. Now it’s time to actually dive into the meat of the article and answer a very common question: How many times can you apply for a working holiday visa in New Zealand?There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for a working holiday visa in New Zealand, however there are restrictions on how long a person can remain in the country on this type of visa. A working holiday visa allows applicants to live and work in New Zealand for up to two years. In addition, they may be able to extend their stay by another year by applying for an extended stay visa – but only if one is available.
How Many Times Can You Apply For A Working Holiday Visa In New Zealand
You’ve decided that New Zealand is next on your travel itinerary, and have set aside time to visit. You found the job you want — working as a ski instructor in winter and fruit picking during the summer — and you’re excited to get started. Let’s say real quick that if you’re coming to work for only one employer, skip this section. This is for those of you who are planning on doing multiple jobs or want multiple employers.
How do you qualify for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
New Zealand has made working holiday arrangements with select countries which allow citizens from these nations to explore the country while working on the side. Note that the agreements do not cover all countries and the conditions of NZ Working Holiday Visa are not the same for everyone.
You need to satisfy the following INZ requirements to be eligible for Working Holiday Visa; you must:
- Be from a country on the working holiday arrangement list
- Fall in the age bracket of 18-30 years – for some countries this range is 18 to 35 years
- Have enough funds to buy your ticket out of New Zealand at the end of your visa term
- Show financial capacity to take care of your living expenses during your stay in New Zealand – the amount varies depending on the country you belong to
- Not be employed in full-time work during your stay in New Zealand
- Furnish a Medical Certificate to prove Good Health or get a Health Waiver for any Medical Issues if you are applying for a 23-month Working Holiday Visa
- Only engage in legal work
- Not be involved with businesses delivering commercial sex services while you live in New Zealand
What about Visas for the family? Well, Working Holiday Visa does not allow your dependent children to accompany you. Your partner will also need to get a separate visa if he/she wants to visit New Zealand.
How long can you stay in New Zealand on Working Holiday Visa?
You can spend a maximum of 12 months in New Zealand while you travel and work in the country. Note that visitors from the UK and Canada enjoy a greater length of stay, i.e. 23 months.
Regardless of what length of Working Holiday Visa you apply for, 12 months or 23 months, INZ places the following limits on your stay:
- You cannot stay employed for more than 12 months
- You cannot study or participate in training for more than 6 months
If you are allowed 23 months of stay, but you only apply for a 12-month New Zealand Working Holiday Visa initially, you are allowed to extend your stay in the country later to use your balance allowance.
There is a lot of confusion due to the variations in duration and eligibility of NZ Working Holiday Visa arising from your country of origin. Avoid falling in any immigration problems on your Working Holiday Visa. The consequences can be rejection, deportation or a lifetime ban on entering New Zealand. Book a 100% free consultation with our Auckland based immigration experts to find out the visa conditions for your situation.
How can you extend your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
INZ allows you to extend your NZ Working Holiday Visa by 3 months. You must satisfy the following conditions to be eligible for the extension of your Working Holiday Visa:
- You must not be employed continuously in your seasonal work. Also, you cannot work for the same employer throughout your stay
- You are allowed only one-time visa extension
- You are not required to have an offer of employment to apply for an extension of your Working Holiday Visa
Note that INZ approval of your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa does not alter any visa terms.
Professional Visa Solutions has a lot of experience in assisting international travellers to extend their New Zealand Working Holiday Visa. Our licensed immigration consultants know how to deal with the peculiar circumstances of your stay and work with you to resolve any problems with your New Zealand Visa extension. Book a 100% free consultation to discuss your case.
How much time and money does it take to get a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
INZ processes New Zealand Working Holiday Visas in around 30 days – the time frame varies based on the country you belong to.
We have enough expertise and experience to get your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa quickly, and we do it at a very affordable price too. Our typical rate for a Temporary Work Visa is NZ$ 1,500 – 2,750.
Professional Visa Solutions promises to help its clients procure their NZ Working Holiday Visa at the best price. We work diligently to contain your costs and use the most efficient path to expedite your New Zealand Visa application. Book a 100% free consultation slot now to get the ball rolling.