There are many types of visas in India, but not all foreign nationals need to obtain a visa to enter or transit in India. There are 41 Visa categories for which there is no specific information available to the Overseas Indians who seek to visit India.The Indian Government has taken major steps to make it easier for the Non Resident Indians (NRIs) to visit India and conduct business. To enable this, a lot of different types of visas have been introduced in India. Visitors from about 150 countries are eligible for e-tourist visa which is valid for 60 days at a time. If you want to travel to India on business purposes, you should get a business visa. The people of China are now eligible for 5 year multiple entry tourist visa.
How Many Types Of Visa In India
India has a wide list of possible methods to get your Indian visa. In fact, you can apply for an Indian visa from abroad in two ways: getting an e-visa or getting an Indian visa from the Consulate nearest to the country you reside. India also accepts visa applications from eligible citizens at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal and certain ports of entry on the border with Bangladesh.Good News! Today we will refresh your mind that why to apply for Indian Visa. Before study, please kindly see this 30 sec videso.
India Business Visa
What is the India business visa?
The India business visa allows its holder to participate in business activities while in the country. The e-Business visa for India is a double entry visa that grants a total stay of 180 days starting from the date of first entry in the country.
From April 1st, 2017, e-Visa for India were separated into three categories, one being the business visa. The window for application under the electronic visa system was increased from 30 days to 120 days, which means foreign visitors can apply up to 120 days before their expected arrival date in India. However it is advised that business travelers apply for their business visa at least 4 days before their trip. Most application are processed within 4 days, but in some cases, the visa processing might take a few more days. Once approved, its validity is one year.
How does e-Business visa work?
Travelers who want to get their e-Business visa for India must know the following before completing an application:
- The e-Business visa for India validity is 180 days from the arrival date.
- The e-Business visa is a double entry visa.
- This visa type is non-convertible and non-extendable.
- Individuals can apply for a maximum of two e-Visas during a calendar year.
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved business e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Business visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- The e-Business visa cannot be used and is not valid to visit protected/restricted or Cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Business visa for India.
It is important to note that there are additional e-Business Visa evidence requirements in order to successfully obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- Business Card, the simplest, or a Business Letter;
- Answer certain questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
What you can do with the India business visa
The eBusiness Visa for India is an online electronic travel authorization to travel to India for business purposes. The business visa for India is a double-entry visa with a maximum stay of 180 days.
The e-Business can be used for any of the following:
- For sales/purchases or trade.
- To attend technical/business meetings.
- To set up industrial/business venture.
- To conduct tours.
- To deliver lecture(s) under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- To recruit manpower.
- To participate in exhibitions or business/trade fairs.
- Expert/specialist in connection with an on-going project.
How long you can stay in India with e-business visa
The e-Business visa for India is a double entry visa that grants a total stay of up to 180 days from the the date of first entry in India. Eligible citizens can obtain a maximum of two e-Visas within one year. If you need to stay in India for more than 180 days, you might need to apply for a consular visa. E-Visas for India are not extendable.
An eBusiness visa holder must arrive through one of the 28 designated airports or 5 designated seaports. E-Business visa holders can leave the country from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPS) in India. If you need to arrive to India by land or through a port of entry you that is not in the designated e-Visa ports you will need to get a visa at an embassy or consulate.
How can I obtain a business visa for India?
Passport holders from over 160 countries can obtain a business visa for India online. The application process is entirely electronic, meaning visitors are not required to attend an embassy or consulate in person.
Business travelers can submit their application as early as 120 days before departure and must complete the request at least 4 business days in advance.
In addition to meeting the general Indian eVisa requirements, business travelers must also provide a business letter or business card and answer some questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
On approval, the India business visa is sent to the applicant by email.