Ever been interested in the topic of “How Much Does It Cost For Investor Visa In Dubai”? This article is full of valuable information on that subject. Don’t forget to subscribe to our mailing list.Visas can be a bit like that classic fairytale. There are a lot of twists and turns and things aren’t always as they seem. Lucky for you, I can break it down for you in an easy-to-follow format, which will hopefully make the whole visa process easier. Let’s dive in and I’ll outline the various types of visas available to investors entering the UAE.
There are many companies that claim to assist you obtaining your visa for free and in a quick time but their real intention is just to fraud your money with fake promises and pretend to provide genuine services. At Bright Future Visa, our mission is to help investors apply for the ICT visa program without compromising on the quality of service. This includes filing all of your forms flawlessly and securing your ICT application during the processing stages. To learn more about our company and the process of applying for an ICT (Investor) Visa in Dubai, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Much Does It Cost For Investor Visa In Dubai
WHAT IS THE DUBAI INVESTOR VISA?
Also known as the Dubai partner visa, this visa is ideal for foreign nationals who want to start a business in Dubai or invest in an existing business. They can also live and work in the UAE and sponsor family members. The validity of the visa is three years.
Want to get an investor visa in Dubai? According to the Dubai investor visa rules, this visa is only granted to individuals who buy shares in an existing company worth a minimum of AED 72,000 or are establishing a company with a capital investment worth the same amount.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INVESTOR VISA IN DUBAI FOR MAINLAND COMPANIES
If you are investing in or establishing a company in Dubai’s mainland, you need these documents as part of the Dubai investor visa application.
- Bank Account IBAN Number of the sponsor
- Establishment Card
- Memorandum Papers (MOA) as proof of the share of ownership
- One photograph with white background.
- Partner’s current UAE visa (if applicable)
- Partner’s passport copy
- Sponsor’s original Emirates ID
- Trade Licence Copy
Earlier, a UAE national or an agent who shall liaise with government departments was needed as the majority shareholder. However, the recent changes in rules allow complete foreign ownership in Dubai mainland. More than 1,000 commercial and industrial activities can now be conducted without a company having an Emirati majority shareholder.
APPLYING FOR DUBAI INVESTOR VISA
Those who want to apply for a Dubai Investor Visa must follow these steps.
- Apply for an entry permit at the immigration department, a typing centre or a Tasheel centre.
- Visit any government health centre to acquire a medical fitness test. When filling the entry permit form, you will be asked to name a health centre you want to visit.
- Emirates ID application typed at an Amer Centre. Submit that application at a Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship centre and carry your original Emirates ID (if applicable), photographs of your family, and Emirates ID application of family members at the time of submission. If you have never applied for Emirates ID before, you will need to provide biometric data.
- You need to buy health insurance as part of your visa application. Check out the different health insurance companies in Dubai to see which one suits your needs best.
- To convert your visa status to the investor residence visa in Dubai, visit any of Amer centres across the city. You can find Amer centres in Al Jafiliya, Al Twar, Dubai Festival City and Al Quoz.
DUBAI INVESTOR VISA COSTS
The Dubai investor visa cost when applying through an Amer centre is as follows:
- Entry permit: AED 1,175 for individuals in the UAE and AED 525 for individuals outside the UAE.
- Change of status: AED 675 (not required for individuals entering from outside the UAE).
- Visa stamping: Approximately AED 870
- Emirates ID: AED 405
- Medical Tests: AED 322.5
Please note that there are additional charges for the immigration establishment card needed for the Dubai investor visa.
Also, the costs mentioned above are those charged by the GDRFA. These are not inclusive of the trade licence charges issued by the Dubai Economic Department.
You can also apply for an investor visa through the online E-government Directorate of Naturalisation and Residency Department (eDNRD) portal., which companies and establishments in Dubai can use to submit visa applications.
DUBAI INVESTOR VISA FOR FREE ZONE COMPANIES
Dubai welcomes foreign investment and economic activity by introducing free zones or free trade zones in the emirate. Companies operating in business zones are exempt from taxation like Value-Added Tax (VAT), and foreign nationals have 100% ownership. Individuals who invest in or establish a free zone company in these designated areas can also apply for the Dubai partner visa, with the free trade zone as their sponsor.
However, the process to apply for the Dubai investor visa will differ for owners and investors of free zone companies. The application process and cost will vary depending on the free zone the company is located in, the nature of the business and other factors. To know more about Dubai free zone investor visa application process, contact the respective free zone.
Here are the contact details for popular free zones in Dubai. You can also check out the complete list of free zones in Dubai, that cater to different sectors such as media, healthcare and manufacturing.
|Dubai Multi Commodities Centre||+971-4-424-9600|
|Dubai Internet City||+971-4-391-1111|
|Dubai Media City||+971-4-391-4555|
|Dubai Production City||+971-4-391-1122|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis||+971-4-501-5000|
|Dubai Airport Dubai Airport||+971-600-532-392|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone||800-52392|
|Dubai International Financial Centre||+971-4-362-2222|
|Dubai World Trade Centre||+971-4-389-3999|
3 YEAR, 5-YEAR AND 10-YEAR INVESTOR VISAS IN DUBAI
10-YEAR VISA ELIGIBILITY
For the 10-year investment visa, you must meet specific conditions, including public investments of at least AED 10 million. Interested parties can invest in the following areas:
- UAE-based Investment funds.
- Establish a company in the UAE with a capital of AED 10 million.
- Become a partner in a new or existing company with a share value of a minimum of AED 10 million.
Talking about the investment conditions, you must remember these rules:
- Out of the total investment, 60% has to be in sectors other than real estate.
- The invested amount must be a loan.
- Financial solvency for up to AED 10 million.
5-YEAR VISA ELIGIBILITY
For a 5-year investor visa in Dubai, you must meet the following conditions:
- An investor must buy a property with a minimum value of AED 5 million.
- This amount should not be acquired as a loan.
- A minimum three-year period for the property retention.
- The investor must invest in a freehold property.
3-YEAR VISA ELIGIBILITY
You must meet the following conditions to qualify for a 3-year investor visa in Dubai:
- The investor must own a property with a minimum value of AED 750k.
- If the property is mortgaged, then 50% of the total value must be paid to the bank upfront.
- The investor must produce a non-objection letter written in Arabic from the bank.
- The property can be shared between spouses, but the investor will need to provide a marriage certificate.
- The property must be residential, not commercial.
- The investor can also apply through a jointly owned property, provided their share is worth AED 750k or more.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR VISA QUERIES AND OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION?
For any queries, you can contact Amer Centre at 800-5111. To learn more about different visas, you can check out our guide about Dubai visas.
WHAT ARE THE RULES OF OPENING A BUSINESS IN DUBAI?
If you are applying for an investor visa by establishing your own company, here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up a business in Dubai. Those considering the free zone option can look at things to keep in mind when opening a free zone office in Dubai.
That concludes our guide to the requirements for the Dubai investor visa. Dubai government’s policies have always been attractive when it comes to investment. With the economy recovering after the pandemic, this might be the best time to make a move.
Subscribe to MyBayut to learn more about life in Dubai!