At present, the trend of immigration is rising as more and more countries seek global talent to develop their country. One of the popular destinations for job seekers is in Singapore which has thousands of rich culture and a good environment. Regardless, Singapore Work Permit is becoming one of the important documents to apply for the working visa applicants in Singapore. The purpose of this article is to give you some useful information on how much for work permit in Singapore.You must have started hunting for work permit in Singapore long before you arrive here. But did you know that working in Singapore is not as smooth as it seems? Have you ever wondered how much it costs to apply for a work permit or you are unsure about the whole process?
How Much For Work Permit In Singapore
Being a temporary resident in Singapore, there are lots of things you need to take into consideration before you can legally get a work permit. But we’re here to tell you how you can make sure you’re one of the lucky few.
Work Permit Or Work Visa In Singapore
When it comes to Singapore, there is nothing called Singapore Work Visa. The authorities in lieu of the work visa issue something called work permit or work pass which enable foreigners to take up temporary or permanent work in the country. The work permit or pass can be applied for by any qualified and skilled Indian, who wants to work in Singapore through an appointed employment agent (EA) or employer.
As per the rules of the work permit, the employers who engage foreign workers in Singapore need to provide them with a salary for their service, maintain a security bond as well as provide them with health insurance.
Requirements for Singapore Work Visa
Foreign workers who work in Singapore need to fulfil the requirements mentioned below:
- The applicant must hold a valid passport.
- The applicant must be of at least 18 years of age
- The applicant can only work within the scope of work mentioned in the work permits issued by the authorities.
Apart from the above mentioned points, foreign workers working in Singapore must also comply with:
- Take no part in any other business or start their own business.
- Work only in the occupation and for the employer specified in the work pass or work permit.
- Not marry a Singapore citizen or permanent resident in or outside Singapore without having the approval from the Ministry of Manpower.
- Reside only at the address set by the employer at the start of the employment.
- Carry the original work permit at all the times and produce it for inspection on demand by any public officer.
Also check : Online Indian Visa
Types of Work Visa issued by Singapore Authorities
The Ministry of Manpower, Singapore provides different types of work passes and permits all foreigners who wish to work in the country. It is necessary for all foreigners to avail a valid work visa before they start working in Singapore. The different types of work visa which are issued by the officials present at the Singapore Ministry of Manpower depending on the type of work are discussed below:
|Type of Work Visa||Who is eligible for the work visa?|
|Personalised Employment Pass||High earning professionals who already hold an existing employment pass or they are overseas foreign professionals.|
|S Pass||Mid-level skilled staff who earn at least 2,200 US dollars every month and meet the assessment criteria.|
|Employment Pass||Foreign professionals, managers and executives who earn at least 3,600 US dollars per month and have acceptable qualifications.|
|Work Permit (Foreign Domestic Worker)||Foreign domestic workers who work in Singapore.|
|Work Permit (Foreign Worker)||Semi-skilled foreign workers who are employed in the construction, manufacturing, marine, shipyard, process or services sector in Singapore.|
|Entre Pass||Foreign entrepreneurs who want to start and operate a new business in Singapore.|
|Training Employment Pass||Foreign professionals undergoing practical training and earning at least 3,000 US dollars per month.|
|Work Holiday Pass (Under Work and Holiday Visa Programme)||Australian students and graduates aged between 18 to 30 who want to work and holiday in the country Singapore for 1 year.|
|Work Permit (Performing Artiste)||Foreign performers who work in public entertainment outlets such as bars, hotels and nightclubs.|
|Training Work Permit||Semi-skilled foreign trainees or students who are undergoing practical training in Singapore for up to 6 months.|
|Work Holiday Pass (Under Work Holiday Programme)||Students and graduates aged between 18 to 25 who want to work and holiday in the country for 6 months.|
|Work Permit (Confinement Nanny)||Malaysian confinement nannies who want to work in the country for up to 16 weeks that starts with the birth of the employer’s child.|
|Pre-approved Letter of Consent||Note:|
|Work Passes (Holders of Long-Term Visit Passes issued by ICA)||Foreigners who are married to a Singaporean or permanent resident. or Parents who accompany a child studying in Singapore.|
|Miscellaneous Work Pass||Foreigners who want to take up a short-term work assignment of up to 60 days in Singapore.|
|Long Term Visit Pass||Parents, common-law spouses, stepchildren or handicapped children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.|
|Letter of Consent||Note:|
|Dependent’s Pass||Spouses and children of eligible Employment Pass holders or S Pass holders.|
Check Here : Visa Renewal
Singapore Work Visa Fees
The fees payable for availing a Singapore Work Visa or Work Pass is as of now 60 US dollars. While 30 US dollars need to be paid while submitting the application, the remaining 30 US dollars is required to be paid when the work pass or permit is issued to the individual by the authorities.
Singapore Work Pass Administrative Fee Adjustments
Mentioned below are the administrative fees that individuals need to pay for availing different types of work permits and passes. In the below mentioned table, the current fees and the revised rates are mentioned.
Note: It needs to be mentioned that from April 1, 2019, the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore will renew the application and issuance/renewal fees for various types of work passes and permits.
|Type of Pass||Current Fees||Revised Fee|
|Personalised Employment Pass||70 US dollars for Application.150 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.||105 US dollars for Application.225 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|S Pass||60 US dollars for Application.80 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.||75 US dollars for Application.100 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Employment Pass||70 US dollars for Application.150 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.||105 US dollars for Application.225 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Work Permit (Foreign Domestic Worker)||30 US dollars for Application.30 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal||35 US dollars for Application.35 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Work Permit (Foreign Worker)||30 US dollars for Application.30 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal||35 US dollars for Application.35 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Entre Pass||70 US dollars for Application.150 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.||105 US dollars for Application.225 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Training Employment Pass||70 US dollars for Application.150 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.||105 US dollars for Application.225 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Work Holiday Pass (Under Work and Holiday Visa Programme)||Not applicable for Application.150 US dollar for Issuance/Renewal||Not applicable for Application.175 US dollar for Issuance/Renewal|
|Work Permit (Performing Artiste)||40 US dollar for Application.30 US dollar for Issuance/Renewal||75 US dollar for Application.100 US dollar for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Work Holiday Pass (Under Work Holiday Programme)||Not applicable for Application.150 US dollar for Issuance/Renewal||Not applicable for Application.175 US dollar for Issuance/Renewal|
|Miscellaneous Work Pass||70 US dollars for Application.Not Applicable for Issuance/Renewal.||175 US dollars for Application.Not Applicable for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Long Term Visit Pass||30 US dollars for Application60 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal||105 US dollars for Application.225 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
|Dependent’s Pass||60 US dollars for Application.150 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.||105 US dollars for Application.225 US dollars for Issuance/Renewal.|
How to apply for a Singapore Work Visa?
In case, you wish to avail a Singapore work visa or work permit, the steps mentioned below need to be followed:
- Submit an application
- Prepare for the worker’s arrival.
- Get the permit issued.
- Register fingerprints and photo
- Receive the pass or permit.
- Return the old card.
To submit an application, the applicant is required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Get a written consent from the foreign worker to apply for a work permit.
- Log in to Work Permit (WP) Online with CorpPass.
- Fill out the application form.
- Pay the application fee of 30 dollars using General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO), Visa, MasterCard or eNets debit.
- Once the application is successfully submitted, the status of the application can be checked after a period of 7 days.
Singapore Work Visa FAQs
- What transactions can be performed using Work Permit (WP) Online?Transactions like applying for a work permit, issuance of a work permit, Renewing of a work permit, cancelling of a work permit, reinstating of a work permit, and applying to replace a work permit card can be carried out using WP Online. It needs to be mentioned here that when it comes to the FDW work permit, it can’t be carried out through WP Online.
- How can I pay the application fee through GIRO?If you wish to pay the application fee through GIRO, the following steps need to be followed:
- How can I pay the application fee through GIRO?
- Print the GIRO form
- Complete Part 1 of the form.
- Post the original completed form to ‘E-Payment and Admin Fee Management. Work Pass Division, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore – 059764.
- Once that is done, the outcome is informed within 4 weeks. It needs to be kept in mind that once the request is approved, the fees need to be paid using eNets Credit or Debit.
- Can I check the status of the work permit application?Yes, the status of the work permit application can be tracked after the application is successfully submitted.
- Can I apply for Singapore work permit using WP Online at any time of the day?Usually the application can be made at any time of the day, however, due to the upgrading of eService in phases, the process of applying, enquiring and cancelling is unavailable between 3 am to 4 am every day.
- I heard that the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore is revising the application and issuance fee for various types of work permit and passes. When are the new rates coming into effect from?The revised rates when it comes to application and issuance of work permit and passes are coming into effect from 1 April 2019.