This medical test for renewal of visa in DubaiÂ is a four-hour test conducted at the Dubai Health Care City (DHCC). It is mandatory for expatriates renewing their visa in Dubai to get themselves tested prior to the interview.
Medical Test is one of the main requirements for renewal of visa. If you want to renew your visa or if you don’t have visa, please do not forget to undergo medical test as required by the UAE government. The health acts as a gateway of getting admission in any country. All the travelers who are entering in UAE Country, must be should be in good health and have medical examination.
Be it a tourist visa or a residency visa, every kind of visa has an expiry time. You have to renew Dubai medical test visa before expiry to avoid legal issues. We have one of the best teams of doctors for renewal of visas in Dubai.
Medical Test For Renewal Of Visa In Dubai
Note: If you are from a country outside of the GCC and are currently living in the UAE, or have been living or visiting Dubai and the other Emirates lately and have been thinking of applying for a renewal of your visit visa to the UAE, you MUST schedule an appointment at the Dubai health authority to undergo specific tests.
All the residents of Dubai and others are needed to renew their visas. They have to go through a medical test that is all done by the lab diagnostics and clinics. The government has to make sure they have all the required shots to prevent diseases from spreading.
Medical Test Procedure and Costs for UAE Residence Visa (2022 Update)
Is it required to take the medical test for UAE Residence Visa?
Yes, it is mandatory for all the expatriates seeking to obtain work permits or residence visas in UAE to be certified as medically fit and free of contagious diseases. To ensure this, foreign nationals must provide proof in the form of medical reports from medical examination centers in the UAE.
In order for the UAE to grant or renew a residence visa for all expatriates, males and females, have to undergo and pass medical fitness tests at government approved health centres in the UAE.
If you are applying visit visa or tourist visa or in case if you want to renew the same , you would not need to get a medical test done.
The standard medical screening involves screening for communicable diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, leprosy, syphilis, and tuberculosis to ensure the UAE community health.
What is the required test for UAE residence Visa and what happens during the medical test?
- HIV (by testing their blood) and;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis (by taking an x-ray of their chest).
Those found to be HIV positive or having tuberculosis will be considered medically unfit and therefore will not be granted a residence visa. They will be deported immediately by the UAE’s authorities back to their country of origin.
Residents who are detected with dormant or inactive pulmonary tuberculosis are also considered medically fit.
In this case, they are granted a one-year ‘Health Fitness Certificate for Residence’ subject to treatment and follow-up by the Department of Preventive Medicine or equivalent government health authority.
Hence, if you suspect to be suffering from a communicable disease it is advisable to get yourself tested in your home country first.
In addition, the following categories of workers should test negative for syphilis and Hepatitis B:
- Workers in nurseries
- Domestic workers including housemaids, nannies, and drivers
- Food handlers and workers in restaurants and cafes
- Workers in saloons and beauty centers
- Workers in health clubs
- Female domestic workers must test negative for pregnancy
A new Cabinet Resolution was passed in 2016. As per this resolution, all resident expatriates while renewing their residence visas have to undergo TB screening, too.
Those found with scars or active TB or found having drug-resistant TB will be issued a conditional fitness certificate and be issued residence visa for one year. They will then have to undergo treatment in the UAE.
Ministry of Health and Prevention (Mohap)manages medical tests in Northern Emirates- Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaima, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain.
The cost for the test can vary depending on how quickly you would like to get the test done.
What is the fee applicable for the medical test for UAE Residence Visa?
- All categories (excluding vaccination and female household domestic service) AED 260
- All categories (including vaccination ) AED 310
- Female household domestic services AED 360
- For a medical examination at centres for shopping malls, service charge AED 110 including VAT is charged
- For a medical examination at the Ministry of Health and Prevention (Mohap) Preventive Medicine Departments a service charge AED 105 is charged
- Department of Health Abu Dhabi , HAAD : Residence visa medical check up certificate AED 250
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (for specific categories) AED 50
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) : These are the prices charged by Typing Centre:
- Normal fees 322.5 AED ( within 5 working days)
- AED 432.5 ( within 48 hours)
- AED 532.5 ( within 24 hours)
- AED 752.5 ( within 4 hours) which is for VIP applications.
- Normal fees 372.5 AED ( within 5 working days) for housemaid visa
- AED 482.5 ( within 48 hours) for housemaid visa
- AED 582.5 ( within 24 hours) for housemaid visa
- AED 802.5 ( within 4 hours) which is for VIP applications for housemaid visa
What are the Documents Required to get the medical test done for UAE Residence Visa?
- Valid Passport Copy.
- Valid Residence Permit/Visa Copy.
- 2 Passport size photograph with white background.
- Valid Emirates ID copy (only for renewal of residence visa)