If you are looking to Study in UK then its time to follow some rules and regulations strictly. Some rules are given by the Home Office that helps students to get more information about the study visa in Uk.
When we are looking for any job, there is a set of rules and regulation that apply for the same. The salary package and important documents like experience certificate, address proof, photograph etc. are main factors which are considered by an employer in UAE. If a candidate doesn’t fulfill above-mentioned document then he / she won’t be hired. Similarly, when you apply for UK study visa it will also request you to provide certain essential documents to ensure your eligibility.
As a popular and most sought after student visa destination in the world, the United Kingdom (UK) has seen an ever increasing number of international student population in their country. The UK offers a tremendous variety of courses from international education institutions, ranging from undergraduate courses to postgraduate courses, including professional courses and also part-time courses that are available for working professionals to pursue alongside their current jobs.
Rules For Study Visa In Uk
Study visas allow foreign citizens to study in the UK and experience life as a student within British universities. Study visas may require a person to undertake certain actions or actions may not be required, depending on the applicant and the selected course of study. The Home Office is responsible for processing and issuing study visas, while students are responsible for applying for the visa and attending courses of study once they have been admitted into a college or university.
UK Study Visa Description
There are two student categories under Tier 4 of the points-based system:
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – This visa category is for students coming to the UK for higher education. The applicant must be at least 16 years old.
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa – This visa category is for children between 4 and 15 years of age coming to the UK for their education. Children between 4 and 15 years can only be educated at independent fee-paying schools.
If you are enrolled in a bachelors degree program or higher at a UK college that is listed on both the official ‘UKBA Sponsor list’ and the list of ‘recognized bodies’, you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week for (Tier 4 General) and work full-time during vacations or summer holidays.
Also, read about student visas for study abroad and student visa for prominent international study destinations:
The UK Home Office has formally opened its new post-study work visa (graduate route visa) for international students. This will officially allow Indian and other international students to stay in the UK for work after completing their study courses.
The Graduate route is designed in such a way that international students who have earned their degree from a recognized university in the UK to stay here and look for work for at least two years.
Reinstatement of the two-year post-study work visa
The UK government has announced the reinstatement of the two-year post-study work visa (Graduate route) for international students. The new immigration rules will benefit those international students who are planning to pursue their higher studies in the UK starting from 2020-21. Candidates who began their education in autumn 2020 or in spring 2021 will need to be in the UK on a student visa by September 27, 2021. Also, students who are going to start their studies later this year or early next year need to be in the UK by April 6, 2022.
Cost of Visa
The fee for the Tier 4 General Visa is £363 (Approx. Rs 35,100). The methods of payment are stated below.
- Online using either a MasterCard or Visa card.
- Through demand draft at the visa application center and selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
- Through Cash at the visa application center and selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
Documents required for a UK Study Visa
UK Student Visa Requirements: Applying for a student visa requires you to carry a lot more documents in comparison to a tourist visa, by comparison. Aspirants need the mandatory documents along with supporting documents of financial and academic records. Make sure you refer to the UK Student Visa checklist before going to the consulate for the visa interview.
You should have the following documents before applying:
- A completed student visa application form
- A letter of acceptance on the course – Your approved education provider will give you an acceptance letter (CAS) and a visa letter which are official and unconditional offers of a place on a course of study. The visa letter must be issued no more than six months before you apply. The applications where the visa letters are older than six months will be refused.
- Having a visa letter does not guarantee the application will be successful. The applicant must meet all the requirements of the category and any other requirements of the immigration rules.
- Proof of funds – The money you need to show covers your course fees for your first year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. The amount you will need depends on whether you are applying as a child or adult and also whether you will be studying in or out of London. You must show that you have held the money for at least 28 days. The end of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application.
You might be interested in these free downloads Previous
Canada Student Visa Guide: Study Permit, Requireme…Download Guide39k downloads
Student Visas for Study Abroad: Requirement, Fees …Download Guide15k downloads
Australia Student Visa Guide: SubClass, Requiremen…Download Guide3k downloads
New Zealand Student Visa Guide: Qualifications, Ap…Download Guide1k downloads
USA Student Visa Guide: Types, Cost, Requirement a…Download Guide5k downloads
Interview Guide for F1 Student Visa for USADownload Guide5k downloads Next
You must show the following amount of money to meet basic living costs (not including fees) for a period of up to nine months i.e. £12,006 for nine months if you are living in London and £9,207 for nine months if you are living outside London.
- The visa fees payment confirmation receipt
- Original mark sheets/provisional certificates
- Scoresheet of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, etc.
You can also check out a video on Visa counseling session on the UK and Ireland study visa by in-house Shiksha counselors. This video covers various topics like types of a student visa, step-by-step process to get a visa, document checklist, and source of funding, commonly asked questions, from students.
UK Student Visa Process: How to Apply
There are several steps to apply for a UK Student Visa. UK Study Visa applications are processed within three weeks of the completed application being lodged.
Step 1 – The first step is to check if you qualify for the student visa or not. You need to show that you have:
- A confirmed place at the school, university or college where you intend to study. It is called a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies’ (CAS).
- Enough money (also known as ‘maintenance or funds’) to cover your course fees and living costs in the UK.
Step 2 – Get your documents ready
Step 3 – Apply online
You will need to register and create an account on the official UK Visa website.
When you have completed your online application form, you will need to print and sign your completed form. You must use the online appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application center. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number.
Step 4 – Pay your application fee. There are 4 ways to pay your visa application fee.
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank – You can pay your fee at some branches of the Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will issue a demand draft in favor of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- Demand draft from a nationalized or foreign bank – You can pay your fee by getting a demand draft issued by a nationalized or a foreign bank. Bank charges for this service will vary. The demand draft must be in favor of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- Payment at the visa application center – You can pay the visa application fee at the visa application center when you submit your visa application.
- Pay online – You can pay your visa application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center on the appointed date. You must book and attend an appointment at the visa application center to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
UK Point-based Visa System
Students should be informed that the UK Visa is a point-based visa system and it is essential for applicants to meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules and have 40 points in total.