Are you a qualified Indian professional that has the skills and experience for a Saudi work visa? This article will provide you with all the Saudi Arabia work visa requirements as well as where to apply.
Indian Citizens looking for Work Visa in Saudi Arabia can use our services to help get a job in the Middle East. Our Process is Simple: Apply Now, Get Started, and Get All the Details.
First I’ll just describe the visa scheme in general and you can take it from there as to what would be relevant to you. The Work Visa for Indians to Saudi Arabia is highly regulated and pretty complex. But if your employer sponsors you, it’s easier for you than for someone on their own. However, despite all this, it’s worth taking a look at whether you should go along with the whole sponsor thing or not.
After the demise of Indian Immigration Act in 2014, the rules for obtaining work Visa for Indians are more stringent and difficult to be obtained. However by enlisting a proficient immigration lawyer provides you with an edge in acquiring a professional consultancy. This can certainly be helpful in securing a job before applying or even presuming family sponsorship is possible.
Saudi Arabia Work Visa For Indian Citizens
Saudi Arabia is one of the most important allies of India. Saudi Arabia helps India in ensuring its security and stability. The economic relations in between the two countries have also earned them friendship and trust.
Saudi Arabia Work Visa For Indians – Definitive Guide
Due to the excellent economy, and the vast career opportunities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Work Visit Visa Saudi Arabia is one of the most sought after permits. The initiation of this visa has given plenty of people the opportunity to ply their trade in Saudi.
What is Saudi Work Visa?
To take part in non-commercial, or non-business work-related activities in Saudi, you will require something called a Saudi work visit visa. As the name suggests, this is a visit visa and thereby is valid for a stay of up to 90 days. Alternately, as per approval by the Ministry of External Affairs in Saudi, you may receive a permit for long periods of time. Coming in the form of a sticker in the passport, this permit allows you to take part in training, internships, etc.
How to Get a Work Visa Saudi Arabia from India?
To apply for the work visit permit, you will have to make the application offline. Also, the Saudi embassy does not accept applications submitted directly to them. As a result, you will have to contact a travel agency to do it for you. Before applying, you will have to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria of the work visit. After this, you can proceed as per the following –
- Collect all the necessary documents required for the application
- Once you have them, visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi website, and download the application form.
- Proceed to fill in the form. You can either type it and take a print, or print it and write it by hand. Keep in mind to affix your photographs, and sign wherever necessary.
- Pay the visa fees to the travel agency. You cannot make direct payments to the embassy.
- With the application form and the documents, send it to the Saudi Embassy via the travel agent.
Please note that you fill in the correct details and that you submit the original documents. Any wrong information or fake documents can lead to visa refusal.
Eligibility for Saudi Arabia Work Visa
To be eligible to apply for this type of permit, you will have to meet the following criteria –
- You must possess a passport valid for at least 6 months from the travel date.
- You must be sponsored by a Saudi company or organization.
- You must possess an invitation letter from the Saudi organization attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia in Arabic.
- Your motive behind the visit must be to take part in the work activity for technical professions such as engineering, architect, etc.
When You have this Visa
On possession of this visa, keep in mind the following key factors –
- Kindly note the validity and expiry date of the visa. You must not stay back beyond the Saudi work visit visa validity.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa with you while you are in the country.
- You must not work for any other organizations or companies other than your sponsor while you are on this visa.
- While you are in Saudi Arabia, you must abide by the Islamic rules and regulations followed in the country.
Documents Required for Saudi Work Visa
As per the Saudi Arabia work visa requirements, the following are the list of documents required for the application process –
- Valid passport with at least 2 blank pages. Any old passports also must be attached.
- Invitation letter from the Saudi Arabian company that is approved by the ministry of foreign affairs, in Arabic.
- 2 photographs.
- Covering letter from the Indian company on the company letterhead, along with the seal and sign, mentioning the details of the visit. These must also match with the details on the invitation letter.
- Original degree certificate.
- Copy of registration of the Saudi company in Arabic.
- Travel insurance issued by the embassy as per your application.
- Proof of work experience (if required)
Photo Specification of Saudi Work Visa
- 2 identical passport size photos
- Recently taken
- Coloured, with a white background
- Dimensions: 35mm X 45mm
- Face should cover 80% of the photo
- Facial expression – neutral
- Head in a central location
- Eyeglasses are not permitted
- Headwear – permitted in case of religious reasons
Saudi Arabia Work Visa Processing Time
Since this type of visa is simpler and faster, you can expect it to be issued in about 4-5 working days. However, depending on a few factors such as the number of entries, attestation and stamping of documents, the volume of applications, etc, this may take longer.
Saudi Work Visa Fees
The fees for the application process is a variable and depends on factors such as the number of entries, travel agency charges, and a few others. The charges for the travel insurance will be confirmed after the application submission. As a result, it is important to confirm the exact fees before applying.
|Single entry Normal||90 days||3 months||18000.0|
How to Check Saudi Work Visa Status
After the submission of your application, you will receive your visa via your travel agent. In the meanwhile, you can check the status of your application by contacting the same, or by emailing the Saudi embassy.