Visiting Dubai is one of the best tourist destinations in the world, however getting a tourist visa to visit the country is not that easy. With Emirates Airlines having their main hub at Dubai International Airport, most potential tourists have to pass through the emirate before heading home. In order to get a tourist visa, you need an Emirati sponsor. Although this may sounds simple, it can be difficult sometimes to find such a sponsor.
Your destination is Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It’s one of the places you most want to go to. You’ve already purchased the tours and pre-booked hotels. All you require now is your UAE Tourist Visa for entry. The thing about UAE tourist visa is that getting one with Emirates airlines can be done in just two ways:
Emirates Airlines is a major international airline based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It has a large network of flights to Europe, Asia and Africa.
The airline offers various services such as business class, economy class, first class and premium economy class. The airline also provides food on board and allows passengers to carry hand luggage only. In addition to this, the airline provides entertainment options such as live TV shows and movies on demand.
Emirates Airlines is one of the most preferred airlines for travelling abroad due to its high quality service and comfort level offered by them. If you are planning to travel abroad with Emirates Airlines, then it is important that you apply for tourist visa with them. You can apply for tourist visa online or offline depending upon your convenience.
- An employee going to work for a United Arab Emirates -located business
- An academic, researcher or scientist to work in a certified United Arab Emirates research center
- An individual whose family member is a United Arab Emirates citizen
- A patient going to receive medical treatment in a UAE-located medical institution
- An investor who had at least 5 million AED invested in UAE-based businesses or projects
If your nationality is not eligible for a visa-free or visa on arrival entry to United Arab Emirates, then you will need to obtain a 48-hour or 96-hour transit visa. In order to get the visa you must have:
- A passport that is valid for more than three/six months
- A clear photo of self on a solid white color background
- A flight ticket to a third destination
In order to successfully obtain a United Arab Emirates visa it is important to be prepared and gather all the necessary information regarding your nationality and purpose of the visit beforehand. There are certain stages to obtain a touristic United Arab Emirates visa:
Have a Sponsor
Since the UAE does not issue visas without a sponsor except for specials occasions, it is important to have one to apply for a touristic visa on your behalf. This sponsor could be a business, individual, authorized travel agency, or a legal entity.
Gather Required Documents
Keep a good track of the required documents and submit them accordingly through the internet portal of residency and foreign affairs of the UAE.
Receive Your Visa
If your application resulted positively you will be informed through your sponsor and will be eligible to visit the UAE with your travel documents at hand.
You are required to present following documents if your nationality is not eligible for a visa on arrival or visa-free entry to the United Arab Emirates:
- Passport copies of the applicant and the sponsor
- Two passport-sized pictures
- Proof of previous travels
- Proof of accommodation and sufficient financial means in the duration of your stay
- A cover letter stating your purpose and duration of the visit
- A round-trip flight ticket
- Proof of civil status if required
- Sponsor documents
There are additionally required or supporting documents from certain applicants:
- Employment contract
- A letter from the company that states your absence, duration of the stay, and confirms returning to current job
- Bank statement of the last six months
- Sponsorship documents if the applicant cannot support himself/herself financially during the period of the stay
- Copy of business license
- Company bank statement of last six months
What is Visa Sponsorship for United Arab Emirates?
If your country is not eligible for a visa-free or visa on arrival entry to the United Arab Emirates, then you need have a sponsor or a guarantor based in the UAE in order to obtain an entry permit for tourism, visit, transit, or work purposes. This sponsor could be:
- A United Arab Emirates citizen
- A person with a residence permit in the UAE
- A private company based in the UAE
- A government entity
- A UAE-based authorized hotel or travel agencies
- A UAE-based airline company
It is also possible to apply through a sponsor for certain individuals who cannot provide sufficient means to cover themselves financially in duration of their stay in United Arab Emirates. You can check our website for more details about visa sponsorships.
There are many countries across the globe can enter United Arab Emirates without a visa or can obtain a visa on arrival. In order to obtain a United Arab Emirates visa you need to take consideration of following visa rules:
- The passport should be valid for more than six months from the expected day of arrival to the United Arab Emirates.
- Females under the age of 18 cannot apply for a visa to the United Arab Emirates if they are not going to be accompanied by their parents or guardians.
Citizen of Schengen countries should not have any problems while entering the United Arab Emirates since they are eligible for a visa on arrival to the country.
Citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada can enter the United Arab Emirates without a visa if their passport is valid for more than six months from the expected time of arrival to the UAE.
Gulf Cooperation Council nationals (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia) can enter the United Arab Emirates without a visa.
Indian citizens only with a visit visa or green card issued by the US or a residence visa issued by the UK or the EU can enter the United Arab Emirates without a visa for a maximum stay of 14 days.
United Arab Emirates transit or touristic visa types listed below exclusively includes the visa fee. Keep in mind that there might be additional payments expected from the applicant such as consular fees, service fees of the outsourced companies, or application form fees.
NOTE: This article was prepared in March 2020. Please check up-to-date information published by official sources.
Those who are planning to travel abroad to meet family and friends or for business trips can apply for a tourist visa at UAE airports and also in the GCC countries. Applicants need to bring along their passports, 2 passport-sized photos, and copies of their credit cards and medical insurance. They should also be able to provide information on the dates when they plan to travel and explain their reasons for visiting the country.