The process of getting a tourist visa for Kuwait is different than the regular Kuwaiti visa. It’s a bit long and requires a lot of documentation. Sometimes it feels even impossible to get this visa with all the documents you have to gather, but do not worry, I’ll guide you step by step. I’m currently studying in the USA, so the process I’m about to show you is for an Indian passport holder.
Visiting Kuwait has been your dream for so long now, but aside from a tourist visa, you also need a valid Kuwaiti visa sponsor. Who can you turn to in these difficult times?
If you are planning a trip to Kuwait, you will need a tourist visa. The process of obtaining this visa can be confusing and time-consuming, so we’ve put together this guide to help you apply for a tourist visa for Kuwait from India with ease.
In order to qualify for a tourist visa, you must submit an application form along with two passport-sized photographs of yourself (one for your passport and one for the visa). You also need to provide evidence that you have enough money to cover your expenses during your stay in Kuwait. You will also need proof of where you’re staying during your visit and how long you plan on staying there.
Kuwait is an Arab country that is known for its modern architecture, culture and history. This beautiful country is situated in the Middle East and its currency is called Kuwaiti Dinar. Many Indians wish to travel to Kuwait for various purposes such as employment, tourism, business, etc.
To enter Kuwait, Indians require a visa and valid passport. The passport has to be valid for a minimum of 6 months. The Kuwaiti visas differ depending on the purpose of travel.
Types of Kuwait Visa:
There are different types of Kuwaiti visas that Indians can apply for. Some of them are:
- Tourist Visa – This visa can be availed only for the purpose for tourism which includes sightseeing, vacationing, recreational activities, etc.
- Visit Visa – This visa allows a stay of up to 30 days after entry and is valid for 90 days. It takes the Kuwait Embassy at least a week to process this visa. The visitor has to be sponsored by a Kuwaiti Company or Resident or a Resident foreigner (relative of the visitor). Indians can avail this visa from the Kuwait Embassy in India or through the office of Kuwait Airways. Visitors who are related to a resident foreigner can get a visit visa by submitting the application form, security form from the resident foreigner, passport copy, sponsor’s passport and civil ID along with copies of the same, sponsor’s salary certificate and relationship proof.
- Work Visa/Permit – Indians who wish to work in Kuwait have to apply for a work visa/permit. A person cannot work in Kuwait using a visit visa. Work visa in the country is issued under Article 17 and 18 of the immigration regulations of Kuwait. To get this visa, the employer has to submit a copy of the employee’s passport to get a work permit from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour Affairs. An NOC has to be obtained by the employer from the General Administration of Criminal Investigation by submitting the personal details of the employee. After getting the NOC and work permit from the employer, employees have to apply for an entry visa and provide documents such as PCC (Police Clearance Certificate), good conduct certificate, medical certificate, passport, education certificates, etc. In Kuwait, employees have to submit their fingerprints to get security clearance.
- Transit Visa – This visa is valid for 7 days and can be availed from the Kuwaiti Consulate office or from a Kuwait Port Authority. To get this visa, applicants must have a confirmed onward ticket and visa to the next destination.
Visa Requirements for Indian Nationals
Indian nationals who hold a resident card for a GCC country (Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates) are able to apply for a travel visa for Kuwait. Applying for a visa online is quick and straightforward.
This guide includes more about the requirements for applying for a Kuwait visa, as well as other useful information for obtaining your travel visa.
What do Indian Nationals require to obtain a Kuwait Visa?
The following travel requirements apply to Indian nationals visiting Kuwait:
- Applicants must possess an Indian passport. Your passport needs to be on your passport at all times during your visit to Kuwait. It’s also necessary to check the validity, as the passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Kuwait.
- In order to be able to apply for a Kuwait travel visa, your GCC residency permit must be valid for at least 6 months upon the date of your arrival in Kuwait.
- The approved Kuwait eVisa must be on your person at all times during your visit.
It is crucial that upon travelling to Kuwait, all necessary documentation is on your person. It is compulsory to travel with the appropriate and correct documents such as the corresponding passport in accordance with the Kuwait tourist visa for Indian nationals and other travel documents at all times.
How to apply for a Kuwait Visa for Indian Passport Holders?
In order to obtain your Kuwait Visa, it’s as simple as filling out an online visa application form which takes approximately 10 minutes.
The online visa application form requires you to fill out personal details, passport details and details of your trip to Kuwait.
The online travel visa can be processed quickly and is sent to you by email.
Personal information includes full name, address, nationality, date of birth and passport number. Upon completing the Kuwait eVisa application form, double check your details, as they must be 100% accurate. It is also necessary to check your passport expiration date, as passports must be valid for at least six months from your arrival date in Kuwait.
The second section of the visa application form for Kuwait requests a copy of the biometric page of the applicant’s passport.
Upon completion, the Ministry of Interior of the State of Kuwait will screen your visa application and your visa approval will be sent to you by email with the following details: issue date, expiration date and visa number. Make sure to print your visa for presentation at border control in Kuwait.
We are a leading firm that provides top-quality assistance on tourist visas for Kuwait from India. Get the necessary help from our experienced agents regarding tourist visas for Kuwait from India. We also offer visas for tourist visas to Kuwait from India and Australia.