In China, business visas are different from the other types of visas, such as Work Visa (work related to a local company) or Tourist Visa (for traveling purpose only). Business Visa is specifically used for those who are starting their own businesses in China or conducting business activities or responsible for signing the documents of the Chinese side etc. In this article, I will introduce some useful information concerning a business visa for china.
If you are thinking about doing business in China, or even just visiting China on vacation, do you know what type of visa you need? Additionally, if you want to get a business visa for your partners and employees who will be traveling with you, how do you go about doing that? There is a lot of conflicting information about which are the best visas for China for individual travelers and for business travelers as well. Read on to find out what kind of visa is best for you.
Business Visa (F-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice, for a period of no more than 6 months.
1. Checklist of documents required for application
(1) Original passport remaining to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application and with sufficient blank visa pages.
(2) One completed visa application form with a recently-taken passport photo stuck on it; all the items on the application form should be completed neatly with genuine information; if the applicant has a Chinese name, the Chinese name should be filled in; false or incomplete information and illegible characters may lead to refusal of a visa.
(3) Letter of invitation from a company or institution in China or Visa Notification Form issued by an authorized unit in China (Visa notification refers to the form of visa notification issued by the Chinese government departments, companies and social organizations authorized by the Chinese Foreign Ministry. For detailed information, please consult the foreign affairs office of the province, autonomous region or municipality directly under the Central Government where your host is located).
(4) An applicant holding a passport other than UK passport should provide the original and a copy of his or her permanent residence or work permit which should be valid for at least half a year(except for those who are visa or permit exempt for residing or working in the UK).
(5) Applicants applying for short-term study in China should also provide:
A)Admission Notice (original and copy);
B)Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW-201/JW-202, original and copy, which indicates the period of study being less than 6 months).
2. Application procedure and processing time
(1) Application procedure
Book online appointment at the website of Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) and then submit application to CVASC. Application without appointment will not be accepted. For more information, please visit www.visaforchina.org.uk . CVASC accepts postal application.
(2) Processing time
Regular visa processing time is normally 4 working days. For example, applicants lodging applications on Monday will collect the visas on Thursday. Express visa processing time is normally 3 working days. Applicants requesting the express service must lodge visa applications at the CVASC counter before 12:00 noon, Monday to Friday.