When you are applying for a business visa, the Czech Consulate will evaluate your qualifications and decide if you qualify to obtain a business visa for Czech Republic. The Czech Embassy reviews your application and decides whether or not you will qualify for a business visa.
Business Visas allow nationals of foreign countries to visit the Czech Republic for business purposes with a maximum stay of up to one year. If you are planning a business trip or travel to The Czech Republic for at least 30 days, you have every reason to think about applying for a visa.
The Czech Republic Visa Application Requirements
Depending on the purpose of your travel to the Czech Republic, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion.
Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside in the Czech Republic permanently, you will have to apply for a different Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Czech Republic Schengen Visa since 2007 when the Czech Republic as an EU Member State also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
Czech Republic Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the Czech Republic, as well as the rest of the EU and Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2020. With the improved epidemiological situation in the EU and abroad, the Czech Republic has lifted the entry ban for a few third countries and several categories of travellers.
Visit our news section to get the latest updates regarding Czechia entry restrictions and other measures imposed by Czech authorities.
General required documents for a Czech Republic Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Czech Republic Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about visa photo requirements and specifications.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond the return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within the Czech Republic and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to the Czech Republic and itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Czech Republic
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Czech Republic.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in the Czech Republic.