If you’re an Indian citizen, or if you’re a citizen of any other country and want to come to India for the purpose of a business trip or starting your own business in India, you can avail a Business Visa For India Requirements by simply applying online with the VFS Global government agencies.
Starting a business in India can be tough, especially if you don’t have adequate funds. The good news is that India has created business visa options just for entrepreneurs in an effort to further expand their economy. This article breaks down the requirements and how you can secure a business visa for India within a matter of days.
What is the India business visa?
The India business visa allows its holder to participate in business activities while in the country. The e-Business visa for India is a double entry visa that grants a total stay of 180 days starting from the date of first entry in the country.
From April 1st, 2017, e-Visa for India were separated into three categories, one being the business visa. The window for application under the electronic visa system was increased from 30 days to 120 days, which means foreign visitors can apply up to 120 days before their expected arrival date in India. However it is advised that business travelers apply for their business visa at least 4 days before their trip. Most application are processed within 4 days, but in some cases, the visa processing might take a few more days. Once approved, its validity is one year.
How does e-Business visa work?
Travelers who want to get their e-Business visa for India must know the following before completing an application:
- The e-Business visa for India validity is 180 days from the arrival date.
- The e-Business visa is a double entry visa.
- This visa type is non-convertible and non-extendable.
- Individuals can apply for a maximum of two e-Visas during a calendar year.
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved business e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Business visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- The e-Business visa cannot be used and is not valid to visit protected/restricted or Cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Business visa for India.
It is important to note that there are additional e-Business Visa evidence requirements in order to successfully obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- Business Card, the simplest, or a Business Letter;
- Answer certain questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
What you can do with the India business visa
The eBusiness Visa for India is an online electronic travel authorization to travel to India for business purposes. The business visa for India is a double-entry visa with a maximum stay of 180 days.
The e-Business can be used for any of the following:
- For sales/purchases or trade.
- To attend technical/business meetings.
- To set up industrial/business venture.