India and United States are both democracies with a lot of commonalities between them, including shared American and Western cultural heritage. India is against terrorism, religious extremism and intolerance. The major religion in the country is Hinduism, but there are five other government-recognized religions in India: Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism and Zoroastrianism. People in India follow a standard 9-5 work schedule. The economy of India has a high growth rate. Business Visa For India have highest approval ratings for doing business in India.
Many people want to travel to India for various purposes. Some want to visit India for business purposes, while some want to work in India. It is not easy for an ordinary person to come from abroad and settle down in India with a business visa. A new form of business visa called “e-Tourist Visa” has been introduced by Indian Government which makes the traveling experience more convenient and hassle free. It allows the visitors of India to stay in the country up to 30 days without having to physically obtain a visa.
What is the India business visa?
The India business visa allows its holder to participate in business activities while in the country. The e-Business visa for India is a double entry visa that grants a total stay of 180 days starting from the date of first entry in the country.
From April 1st, 2017, e-Visa for India were separated into three categories, one being the business visa. The window for application under the electronic visa system was increased from 30 days to 120 days, which means foreign visitors can apply up to 120 days before their expected arrival date in India. However it is advised that business travelers apply for their business visa at least 4 days before their trip. Most application are processed within 4 days, but in some cases, the visa processing might take a few more days. Once approved, its validity is one year.
How does e-Business visa work?
Travelers who want to get their e-Business visa for India must know the following before completing an application:
- The e-Business visa for India validity is 180 days from the arrival date.
- The e-Business visa is a double entry visa.
- This visa type is non-convertible and non-extendable.
- Individuals can apply for a maximum of two e-Visas during a calendar year.
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved business e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Business visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- The e-Business visa cannot be used and is not valid to visit protected/restricted or Cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Business visa for India.
It is important to note that there are additional e-Business Visa evidence requirements in order to successfully obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- Business Card, the simplest, or a Business Letter;
- Answer certain questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
What you can do with the India business visa
The eBusiness Visa for India is an online electronic travel authorization to travel to India for business purposes. The business visa for India is a double-entry visa with a maximum stay of 180 days.
The e-Business can be used for any of the following:
- For sales/purchases or trade.
- To attend technical/business meetings.
- To set up industrial/business venture.
- To conduct tours.
- To deliver lecture(s) under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- To recruit manpower.
- To participate in exhibitions or business/trade fairs.
- Expert/specialist in connection with an on-going project.