Business visas are issued to foreigners visiting Lithuania on private matters, and business purposes. To apply for a business visa in the Lithuania, you will need to submit an application form along with certain supporting documentations.
On March 11th, Lithuanian Government decided to expand possibilities for foreigners who want to invest in Lithuania’s economy. This opens doors for new business opportunities and free movement throughout Europe. Lithuanian government introduced a new visa type “3-year long-term visa with the possibility of a permanent residence permit”, a step towards the creation of the so called “VIP- track”. It was noticed that the number of foreign investors to enter Lithuania has decreased.
It’s been an exhilarating year, and we’ve enjoyed learning more about our Lithuanian counterparts and engaged in many new projects with several customers migrating from Lithuania. But, we wanted to ask you: what are some of the misconceptions about doing business in Lithuania?
What is Lithuania Business Visa?
Issued for individuals entering Lithuania for the purpose of taking part in business-related activities, the permit is a subcategory of the Schengen C visa. Also known as the Lithuania Schengen business visa, it is issued as a single entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry type. However, nationals of other Schengen nations and from the visa-exempt countries do not require a permit to enter Lithuania.
How to Apply for Lithuania Business Visa?
To apply for a business permit, you must do it online. However, the submission has to be done offline at the embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in New Delhi, or one of the VACs located across India. Before starting the application, you must check if you are eligible to travel to the country on business. After this, proceed to obtain all the documents necessary for the process. You may make the application as follows –
- Visit the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania and open the portal for the online application.
- Fill in the application form. The form for the Schengen business visa application is the same as the rest. You will simply have to mention your purpose of visit as ‘business’.
- Submit the application online and take a print out of the completed application form.
- Proceed to book an appointment at one of the embassy-appointed Visa Application Centres (VAC) or directly at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania situated in New Delhi. You can do this by using the online services provided by the embassy or the VAC.
- Visit the appointment centre with the documents, the completed application form, and the fees. You will also have to submit the biometrics here.
Note that if you have submitted your biometrics for a Schengen VIS (Visa Information System) in the past 5 years, you do not have to submit them again. Keep in mind that you must submit genuine documents and information. Providing fake documents and false information can get your application rejected. Visa rejection is a serious issue and can affect your future travel plans.
Eligibility for Lithuania Business Visa
To be able to apply for this category permit, you must meet the following conditions. If you are not eligible, you must not apply for this. You may then apply for the category you are eligible for.
- You must be living in a country where you are lodging the application. If you are residing in a residence permit in any foreign nation, you may apply it to the respective visa authority in that country.
- You must possess a valid passport meeting the specifications.
- Your primary purpose of the visit must be to take part in business-related activities.
- You must possess sufficient funds to cover your entire expenses during the stay in the country.
- You must apply for the permit only if –
- Lithuania is your only destination, or
- Lithuania is one of your multiple Schengen destinations, in which case you will be spending the majority of the time here, or,
- Lithuania is your port of entry into the Schengen region.