A business visa for Maldives, or BV (Business Visa), can be applied for by non-Maldivian citizens who wish to undertake business in the country. For some foreign nationals a BV is the only visa that they can get to visit Maldives. This article will look at what the requirements are for a business visa, and how long it lasts for.
The Maldives seeks to offer “world class” and competitive business services to foreign investors. The country is host to over 200 nationalities, but unfortunately only a dozen nationalities can apply for Maldivian visas on arrival. Most of these dozen nationalities can also obtain online Maldivian tourist visas (MTV), while businessman and work oriented visa applicants would have to apply through government channels. Even so, acquiring an E-Visa is the more convenient option for the business traveler, serving as valid proof of the visitor’s status in the country.
- The air tickets must be confirmed for the to and fro journey tpo Maldives.
- It must be confirmed for the complete round trip.An air ticket shows your course of travel and confirms your return to the native country.
- Bank StatementBank statement is a document that issued from the bank. This is obtained for the savings bank account to show ratify if you will be able to support your stay in the country.
- It must be original and must reflect sufficient funds to support your stay in Maldives.
- It must be original and should have the bank’s stamp and signature on every page.If the Bank Statement doesn’t show enough funds or shows irrelevant expenditure, it could lead to visa rejection on financial means. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
- Hotel VoucherA hotel voucher is a ticket provided by the hotel of residence to the customers who are taking an accomodation in the hotel.
- It must be provided to ratify the purpose of visit and as proof of accommodation as well.If you are staying in a hotel during your time in another country, a hotel voucher must be provided as proof of accommodation.
- Yellow Fever VaccinationA yellow fever vaccination is a medical certificate that proves the applicant as non-contagious for the disease.
- It must be original and should be issued from an authorized medical organization.The certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination if not provided as per the requirement and is fake, there are major chances that the applicant may not be permitted in the country.
Eligibility for getting Maldives Business Visa:
In order to be eligible to travel to the country on a visa, you will have to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Be a genuine traveller-You must have a valid and good intention behind travelling to the country.
- Eligible to bear all expenses –You must possess sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents throughout the stay.
- Reasons to return – You must have strong ties in your home country that will ensure that you will return after your stay.
- Be of good character – You must have a clean criminal track record and be of good character. You may have to provide PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for the same.
- Be in good health –You must at least meet the minimum health requirements required by the authorities.
- Genuine Purpose
- You must possess a valid invitation from a genuine company located in the country with whom you are/will be doing business.
Visa Fees for Maldives Business Visa:
|Single entry Normal
1. You will be granted a free entry visa on arrival. Depending on your financial status, you can apply for a maximum period of thirty days. A ninety-day visa is granted for nationals of SAARC countries 2. All visitors need a valid travel document. If a passport expiry date falls within 30 days of arrival, tourists cannot extend their stay beyond the passport expiry date
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted, so It’s recommonded to get the professional visa consultation. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your visa application .
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.