If you are searching for Business Visa For Quebec Canada, because you want to start a new business in Quebec, or if you have already an active business and decide to move it to the Canadian province of Quebec, our company can help you. We have a team of experts which will help you in any way I possible can. If you need help with Business Visa For Quebec Canada, feel free to contact us immediately.
Canada is a popular country for business visitors, visitors on family visa, and students. If you have relatives in Canada or are going to study in Canada, it would be wise to apply for a business visa for Quebec Canada. A business visa is applicable if you’re going to visit a Canadian friend or relative on a temporary basis. Business visitor visa comes under two categories:
The Quebec Investor Program is the Provincial Nomine Program in Canada. It allows business investors to become permanent residents under the Quebec Immigration Program. This program is a part of Prime Minister Harper’s Economic Action Plan. The aim of this program is to boost the Canadian economy by creating jobs and aiding Canada’s economic recovery. The Quebec investor program was launched as a pilot project in 2008. It was introduced as a permanent program in 2009 to fulfill the demand for immigrant investors over the years. Once the economic downturn passes, this pilot project will be transformed into a national program for all provinces and territories.
Quebec Business Immigration
The Quebec government selects business people, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals wishing to become Canadian permanent residents and settle in the province. Following the acceptance of their application, successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Selection of Quebec (CSQ) and will be able to submit a permanent residence application to the federal government. Candidates may be eligible to apply under one of three business immigration categories:
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
The Quebec government has suspended the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program until at least April 1, 2023. The main eligibility conditions of the previous program have been:
- Demonstrate a personal net worth of at least $2 million legally acquired through conducting business or holding a high-level management position in a private company, government or NGO.
- Demonstrate: a) Having owned and operated a business for two years in the previous five years, OR b) Having held a high-level management position for two years in the previous five years in a private company, government or NGO.
- Invest $1.2 million in a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years and receive no interest. Applicants may finance their investments.
Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program
The Quebec Entrepreneur Program aims to recruit individuals who have the skills and experience to operate a business in the province. The program operates under two streams:
- First stream consists in creating a business in Quebec with support from a business accelerator, a business incubator or a university entrepreneurship center.
- Second stream consists of creating or buying an existing business, of which the entrepreneur must control at least 25% if it’s a new enterprise or at least 51% of an acquired enterprise.
The candidate must prove that they have legally acquired a net worth of $900,000, alone or with their spouse if applicable.
Quebec Immigrant Self-Employed Program
To qualify under the Quebec Self-Employed Program, applicants must meet the following conditions that differentiate them from the Quebec Skilled Worker Program:
- have two years of self-employed experience, in the profession or trade they intend to practice in Quebec;
- possess a personal net worth of $100,000 CAD, alone or with an accompanying spouse or common-law partner;
- register a start-up deposit of at least $50,000 if the self-employed candidate is based in the metropolitan area of Montreal, and $25,000 if the candidate is located outside of Montreal.