It might not be an easy task to get a business visa to Russia, but if there is a will there is a way. If you have been trying to move your business to Russia, you need to check out our detailed guide on how to get a business visa for Russia from India.
Business Visa is one of the most sought after permits in Russia. It allows its holders to stay in the country up to 90 days. Business Visa can be obtained through an invitation from a Russian company or a personal reference. This article deals with how to apply for Business Visa From India.
The cost and the processing time of a business visa depends on several factors:
- visa’s validity period and number of permitted entries
- who issues Visa Invitation and how it is submitted to the Consulate
- visa and Visa Invitation’s urgency
- your citizenship and the purpose of visit
- prices and quality of your visa assistant’s services
As a rule, business visa is issued in 3–30 days and for 100–350 EUR. Business visas can be:
- single- or double-entry valid for up to 3 months
- multiple-entry valid for up to 1 year or up to 3 years in some cases.
According to the Russian legislation, the complete term of stay in Russia on a business visa should not exceed 90 days within each 180 days.Invitations for business visa can be:
- Invitation MFA – issued by the Consular Department of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) upon the request of Russian state organizations
- Official Invitation-Letter – issued directly by the Russian organization and is available only for citizens of the USA, Norway, Switzerland, Japan and EU (except for citizens of the UK and Ireland)
- Invitation-Letter from the CCI is issued by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for citizens of the European Union (except the Great Britain and Ireland), the USA, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, Liechtenstein, India, China and Iran.
Samples of invitations for the Russian business visa
Invitation from the Migration police
Telex from the Migration police
Invitation-Letter from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian FederationInvitations for business visa can be submitted to the Russian Consulates in different forms:
- original Invitation from MFA on a stamped form (so-called Yellow page) – is required to get a multiple-entry visa; be noted that the delivery of the original Invitation will require time and additional fee
- copy of an Invitation from MFA on a stamped form – is required to get a single- and double-entry visa
- electronic Invitation – Telex – an Invitation from the Migration police or MFA is sent directly to the Russian Consulate of your choice
- original or copy of an Official Invitation-Letter from a Russian organization – depending on citizenship, number of permitted entries and other factors, the Consulate may request the original Invitation and has the right to process visas up to 10 days