If you are looking to know what are the steps to get a visa and move to Saudi Arabia, then this post can help you. In this article we will see how to get business visa for Saudi Arabia from India. Keep reading…
Do you have a Saudi based company and want to bring over employees from India on a business visa? Saudi Arabia Business visas from India have been made easy. Saudi Arabia’s General Directorate of Passports (GDP), Ministry of Interior (MOI) has made new rules and regulations regarding investment visa, business visa and visit visa. Now Indian Nationals can obtain business visa and access to employ foreign personnel at their workplaces in Saudi Arabia.
Refusing to give up on his dream of pursuing further education in Saudi Arabia, a young Mumbai college graduate, who was told he could not renew his business visa because of his gender, approached the Chief Minister’s Cell for Human Rights.
Business Visa For Saudi Arabia From India
How to Apply for a Business Visa for Saudi Arabia from India?
The process involved for the business visa can be quite confusing. However, to make it simple, the procedure you can follow to obtain your Saudi business visa is explained below. Before you start the application process, you will need to determine that you are applying for the right type of visa and that you have all the necessary documents required for the process, as per the Saudi MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- The first step in applying is for you to create an account on the MOFA website for your visa application.
- You should then fill in your details online on the web page correctly.
- Proceed by paying the visa fees online. Cash mode of payment at the embassy is no longer allowed.
- Download and print the application copy with the MOFA number/reference number.
- Attach your visa documents along with the printout.
- Send this package to the nearest Saudi embassy via a registered agent. The embassy requires that you do not submit them in person and that you assign one of the registered agencies to do it for you.
Once you have submitted, the Saudi embassy will process your documents and contact you if they require any further documents, and depending on the verification, you will be issued a visa. The processes have to be performed accurately, as this can lead to your visa being rejected.
Eligibility for Saudi Business Visa
To apply for a business visa, you have to ensure that you are eligible for the visa. Keep in mind the following points before you apply.
- There are countries which are exempt from requiring a visa to enter Saudi Arabia. Indian nationals, however, require a visa to enter.
- You must be an Indian citizen residing in India, or be an Indian citizen on a temporary residence permit in a foreign country you are applying from.
- The sole purpose of your visit must be business. Professionals such as engineers, doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc going for work related activities cannot be issued a business visa.
- Please note that visitors who have an Israeli stamp on their visa have been rejected entry into Saudi.
- You should have a Saudi business visa invitation letter from a company in Saudi Arabia stating your motive for the visit.
When You have this Visa
Upon successful application, you will be granted your business visa. On receipt of your visa, it is necessary to be aware of the following factors –
- Note the number of entries in the visa. A normal visa does not allow you to exit and re-enter the country. You will need a multiple entry visa for that objective.
- Pay extreme attention to the visa expiry date. Staying in Saudi beyond your visa expiry is an offence, and will attract hefty fines.
- The business visa does not permit you to work or reside in the country.
- Once you are in the country, must abide by the country’s laws and regulations and respect its social values and traditions.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s laws against drug trafficking is strictly enforced. Any violation of this will be met with severe punishment.