Can We Apply Tourist Visa For Australia

Can We Apply tourist visa For Australia?  Yes , in this blog post we are going to share the most basic information about Tourist Visa for Australia for Indians. While you are a citizen of India, you are permitted to travel to Australia under the free visa section. This is a common question that puzzles many Indians who want to migrate to Australian cities like Sydney or some of the major cities around the country.

Can We Apply Tourist Visa For Australia

Visiting Australia is a dream vacation for many. However, most people aren’t aware of the fact that they can actually apply for an Australia tourist visa from their home country. It’s true. With the implementation of Government Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) system, it’s now possible to get a visa for Australia online—and in some cases, at the airport on your arrival.

In my opinion, if you really want to be able to get the most out of a vacation to Australia (and not come away disappointed), then it’s well worth getting your Australian tourist visa sorted out first. This is mainly because you’ll be so much more relaxed once you hear that you’ve been granted entry into the country.

See the Department of Home Affairs website for details.


What is a working holiday visa?

Australia’s Working Holiday Maker program allows visitors aged under 30 (or 35 in certain cases) who hold a passport from a participating country to travel and work in Australia. Working holiday visas are valid for one year, or up to three years if you meet certain conditions.

Find out more about working holiday visas here.


Do I need a student visa to study in Australia?

If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a Student Visa (subclass 500). If you are the parent, guardian or relative of a student, you can apply for a Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590). If you would like to travel to Australia for a visit and short-term study, you may be eligible for a visitor visa. A Training Visa (subclass 407) allows you to take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise. A Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) permits temporary entry into Australia for certain programs and projects.

Visit the Department of Home Affairs website to apply for the correct visa to meet your individual circumstances.

Do I need a visa to enter Australia?

Unless you are an Australian citizen, you will need a valid Australian visa to enter the country. New Zealand passport holders can apply for a visa upon arrival in the country. All other passport holders, regardless of age, must apply for a visa before leaving home. You can apply for a range of Australian visa types, including tourist visas and working holiday visas, at your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate. You can also apply for certain types of visas on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website.

Sydney Airport, New South Wales © Sydney Airport


Learn about visa requirements for travel to Australia with this list of frequently asked questions. 


Read next

Covid-19 travel advice and border status

Please note this page is intended to provide general information only and does not constitute legal advice. Tourism Australia is not the Australian government visa granting authority. For information on visas to enter Australia, visitors should seek the most up-to-date information from Australian Government Department of Home Affairs given the evolving impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on travel. Please visit COVID-19 and the border (*


Do I need a visa to enter Australia?What types of tourist visas does Australia have?

There are different Australian visa types available for travellers to Australia. Knowing which Australian visa to apply for depends on the length of your stay, your passport and the purpose of your visit. You’ll also need to meet certain financial and medical requirements, be outside of Australia when applying and maintain health insurance for the duration of your stay. 

Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601)
This visa allows you to visit Australia as many times as you want, for up to a year, and stay for three months each visit. This visa is available to passport holders from a number of countries and regions, who live outside Australia. A step-by-step guide on how to apply is here.

eVisitor (subclass 651)
This is a free visa for multiple visits to Australia for tourism or business purposes for up to three months at a time within a 12-month period. This visa is available to passport holders from a number of European countries and it cannot be extended.

Visitor visa (subclass 600)
The Visitor visa allows you to visit Australia, either for tourism or business purposes. It is open to all nationalities. Generally, a period of stay of up to three months is granted, but up to 12 months may be granted in certain circumstances. Applicants will have to pay a fee to submit their application.

Leave a Comment