If you are looking to bring a domestic worker into your home in Abu Dhabi, you will need to factor in the cost of a maid visa. This visa is valid for one year, and must be applied for through the Abu Dhabi Ministry of Labour. The fee for this visa is AED1,000 (approximately USD260). Once you have obtained your maid visa, you will then need to provide evidence of your income. You can do this by submitting tax returns or paystubs from previous years. Finally, you will need to provide a copy of your passport and residence permit. Although the process of obtaining a maid visa can be time-consuming, it is well worth it if you are looking for someone to take care of your home while you are away.
If you are looking to hire a maid in Abu Dhabi, it is important to know the cost of obtaining a visa. The cost for a maid visa can range from $160-$400, depending on your nationality and the specific requirements of your case. In most cases, there is a fee associated with processing your application, as well as an additional fee for issuing the visa. Make sure to speak with an immigration lawyer about your specific situation before applying for a maid visa. We will base our discussion today on – Cost Of Maid Visa In Abu Dhabi. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: tadbeer maid visa cost and maid visa cost sharjah
Cost Of Maid Visa In Abu Dhabi
When you are looking to hire a maid in Abu Dhabi, you may be wondering what the cost of a maid visa is. The cost of a maid visa can vary depending on your nationality and how long your visa will last. However, most employers will require a minimum amount of paperwork, so it’s best to speak with an immigration lawyer to get an accurate estimate. In addition to the cost of the visa itself, you will also likely have to pay for your maid’s airfare and accommodation while she is in Abu Dhabi. Make sure you have all of the necessary documentation handy before hiring your maid!
Maid visas in Abu Dhabi
If you are looking to employ a maid in your Abu Dhabi home, there are a few things you will need to take into account. First, the cost of a maid visa in Abu Dhabi will vary depending on the nationality of the maid. For example, Pakistani nationals can expect to pay around Dh500 for a one-year visa, while Bangladeshi nationals will pay around Dh1,000.
Once you have determined the cost of the maid visa, you will also need to factor in other expenses associated with having a foreign domestic worker in your home. For example, you may need to cover their transportation costs from their home country to your Abu Dhabi residence and provide them with food and accommodation.
In addition to these costs, it is also important to be aware that maids cannot work more than 44 hours per week and must receive at least eight hours of rest per day. Finally, make sure you have enough money saved up before hiring a maid so that any unexpected costs can be covered.
Costs of maid visas in Abu Dhabi
The cost of maid visas in Abu Dhabi vary depending on the country of origin, type of visa, and processing time. A single-entry visa for a maid from South Korea costs $160, while a two-year multiple-entry visa for a maid from India costs $530. However, the processing time for these visas can range from six to twelve weeks.
Requirements for obtaining a maid visa in Abu Dhabi
Requirements for obtaining a maid visa in Abu Dhabi vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for. All applicants must have a valid passport and one-way ticket to the UAE. Some requirements that apply to all types of visas include having your employer’s written authorization, health insurance, and references from previous employers.
How to apply for a maid visa in Abu Dhabi
If you are looking to employ a domestic worker in the United Arab Emirates, you will need to obtain a maid visa. There are several steps that you need to take in order to apply for this type of visa, and below we provide a detailed guide on how to go about it.
1. First, you will need to gather all of the necessary documents in order to apply for a maid visa. This includes your passport, an original letter of invitation from the employer, evidence of your income (if applicable), and proof of accommodation.
2. Next, you will need to make an appointment with the Abu Dhabi Embassy or Consulate where you will be applying for your visa. During this appointment, you will need to provide additional documentation such as your resume or employment contracts.
3. After making the appointment, you will need to prepare yourself for the visa application process by studying up on all of the relevant information. The embassy or consulate may ask specific questions regarding your intended employment arrangement with the employer and may also require you to take a written test on UAE law and customs.
4. Finally, after submitting all of the required paperwork and meeting all requirements related to your visa application, you will be issued a notice of decision concerning your application. If everything is in order, expect to receive your visa within approximately two weeks time.
What to do if you are denied a maid visa in Abu Dhabi
If you are denied a maid visa in Abu Dhabi, there are a few steps that you can take to get your visa. One option is to apply for a tourist visa. This will allow you to stay in the country for up to 30 days and visit any of the permitted tourist destinations. Another option is to apply for a business visa. This will allow you to stay in the country for a longer period of time and work as a maid or nanny. If you do not have any other options, you may be able to appeal the decision.
Maid visas in Abu Dhabi can be quite costly, with the average cost running between AED 10,000 and AED 20,000. This price range is likely to vary depending on your nationality and the length of your stay, so it’s important to do some research into the different types of visa available before making a decision. If you are able to find a better deal elsewhere or if you will only be staying for a shorter period of time, then it may not be worth considering a maid visa in Abu Dhabi.
Cost Of Maid Visa In Abu Dhabi
One of the best ways to bring consistency in your life is to have a domestic helper, i.e. maid or nanny. Maintaining a house with a good standard for living can be difficult for some, especially if you have multiple commitments, such as an active social life, family needs and all sorts of interests.
Demand for domestic help in the UAE has been rising due to the increasing number of expatriates living here. Going by the latest statistics, around 27 percent of the households in the UAE hire a full-time maid or a part-time worker on daily wages.
Many families residing in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (or any other city in the United Arab Emirates)
employ domestic help in the form of a maid, nanny or driver. To many people this is seen to be an advantage of living in the UAE, particularly because of the general low cost of hiring help, in comparison to many other countries in the world.
Some people have part time help, whilst others opt to have a full time live-in maid to reside in their home. The choice comes down to personal needs and is also dependent on family circumstances – not everyone is entitled to sponsor a domestic helper and there are certain rules to follow, as detailed below.
- You must be a family, a single person cannot sponsor a maid
- You must be a family earning a salary above AED 6000 per month
- You must live in suitable accommodation – a minimum of a 2 bedroom apartment or villa
- Once you employ a maid, they may not legally take on any part-time work so you must be financially secure to employ them
Once you have made the decision to employ help, it is important to weigh up your options and not rush into making a decision, particularly if deciding to hire a full time live-in maid who will reside in your home permanently. Selecting the wrong maid can be a costly mistake and will be disruptive to your family.
How do you choose between full-time and part-time domestic help?
Typically families tend to have full time maids/nanny’s but it’s not necessarily the right path for everyone! If you’re not sure which way to go, we’ve put together a list of advantages and disadvantages for each, to help you to decide!
Advantages of having a full-time live-in maid:
- Having a full time nanny on-hand to assist with children and everyday chores can definitely reduce the stress for families, particularly for families with young children
- Takes away the hassle and cost of hiring a baby sitter
- Having a live-in nanny also means you build a trust with that person and can rely on her to care for your family
- This option tends to be much cheaper then hiring a maid on an hourly basis through a company. An average live-in maids salary is from AED 1500 – AED 3000, dependent on her experience and nationality
The helper will live in your home with your family, some people do find this intrusive. One option would be to reside in a villa with a outdoor maids room so she has her own quarters outside of your main home but most newer houses and apartments are built with maids rooms inside
As the sponsor, you must take on the responsibility and costs of employing the helper which means each year renewing their visa and paying for a flight home. Some families also pay for the maid’s food or give a food allowance, dependent on the maid – where she is from and her experience. This can all be negotiated with the maid before employment commences
Legally you will be responsible for the maid so it is important to chose carefully and make sure she abides by the rules
If only part-time help is needed, make sure you use a licenced agency that provides helpers for hire on an hourly basis. Having a maid in your home who isn’t legally sponsored is an offence, which you can be heavily fined for.
Advantages of having a part-time maid:
- You will not have to worry about, or cover the cost of the helpers visa each year
- You will not be responsible for providing additional allowances for the maid
- If you do not have a maids room this is a good option, rather than having to increase the size of your home
- You will have privacy in your home as and when you want
Dis-advantages of having a part-time live-out maid:
- If the maid is working for on a regular basis throughout the week, this can be an expensive option in comparison, the agencies usually charge between AED 35 – AED 40 per hour
- It may not always be possible to have the same maid. Some families can find this disruptive and inconvenient as a bond is not formed with the family
What other options do I have?
Full time live-out maids can also be hired. The maid will still have a visa under your sponsorship but will live outside of your home. This can be ideal if you want a full time maid but are not comfortable with her living with you. Salaries are more expensive – usually a minimum of AED 2500 – AED 3000, as the maid will pay for her own accommodation, food and transport.
In the case of a live-out maid, you will still hold the same responsibilities as the employer (and sponsor).
- Approximate Costs of hiring a maid:
- Residency visa: AED 5,100
- Refundable deposit: AED 2,000
- Application, various service fees and medical test: AED 1,500
- Government health card: AED 300
The above are approximate costs and can change. The visa must be renewed annually, as previously mentioned. The deposit will be carried over each year.
There are rules to follow and regulations to abide and we strongly recommend you make yourself aware of them before employing domestic help. Fines are severe if rules are broken (between AED 50,000 and 70,000) and a risk of prison for the sponsor. Maids also face fines, prison and deportation.
Read about Domestic help laws set by General Directorate of Resident and Foreign Affairs Dubai (DNRD) covering maids, nannies, male house helpers and drivers.