UAE is a country where people from all around the world live and work. Due to this reason the UAE Ministry of Labour has taken many measures to ensure the smooth running of most segments of the economy. The Ministry of Labour regulates resident visa for expatriates in UAE and ensure that lawful employment in the country is given to all workers by keeping a check over all companies.
Are you looking for the cost of residence visa in Dubai or cost of residence visa in Uae or cost of residence visa in Saudi Arabia? There are two types of residency visas in Gulf countries, one is the free oil visa that comes with free ticket, no salary required and most times no sponsor is needed. The other is the typical free visa, which requires a sponsor and a salary to be paid. We will base our discussion today on – Cost Of Residence Visa In Uae. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: cheapest residence visa in uae and types of residence visa in uae
Cost Of Residence Visa In Uae
It is estimated that more than a million people live in the United Arab Emirates and more than 80% of them are not white.
How To Get UAE Residency Visa 2022
Dubai is increasingly becoming an attractive place to live. As such, the demand for a Dubai residence visa is increasing. Besides the beautiful weather and beaches, Dubai offers an excellent infrastructure and a myriad of magnificent skyscrapers. The city hosts some of the world’s largest malls, the tallest buildings, most elite restaurants, and nightlife spots. This makes the UAE residency visa so attractive.
There are several ways in which you can obtain a UAE residency visa. Read till the end to know everything you need to know about a Dubai residency visa.
What Are the Types of Dubai Residence Visa?
Your residence visa depends on the purpose of your stay in Dubai. Currently, UAE offers 5 kinds of residence visas and they are as follows:
- The UAE Investment Visa (long-term residency) is for foreigners who make a significant investment in the UAE. This visa is valid for a longer period than other resident visas (up to ten years) and does not require a sponsor if you qualify.
- The UAE Family Visa for close family members of UAE citizens/international residents. The UAE does not yet recognize same-sex marriages. Besides the minimum salary requirements, males can sponsor their wives, sons, daughters, parents, and stepchildren; women can sponsor their husbands and children.
- UAE Work Visa for foreigners who have found work in the UAE and secured a Work Permit. For a work visa, the minimum age of the employee should be 18. Furthermore, there are 3 categories – Category 1 for individuals with at least a bachelor’s degree; Category 2 for those with a post-secondary diploma; Category 3 for individuals with a high school diploma
What Documents Are Required to Apply for a Dubai Residence Visa?
- Original passport
- Two passport-sized photographs, following UAE visa photo criteria
- Entry Visa (Entry Permit)
- Documents such as birth/marriage certificates if applying for a family visa.
- Extra document related to your travel purpose
Who Will Sponsor Your UAE Residence Visa?
UAE residence visa necessitates a sponsor. These sponsors change depending on your residence visa type. However, under certain circumstances, you can be your sponsor.
The following will be your sponsors:
- If you have investments or have brought property, you can apply yourself; your company or property will serve as a sponsor
- For a family visa, your family member will be your sponsor
What Are Residence Visa Fees for Dubai?
The fees for your Dubai residence visa depend on the duration of your visa. The UAE residence visa fee for a year is approx. AED 1000.
The mentioned fees are exclusive of medical exams and health insurance.
How Long Can You Stay in Dubai?
A Dubai residence visa allows you to stay for 2, or 3 years depending on the purpose of your travel. However, if you are on an investment visa or a retirement visa, you can stay up to 5-10 years. All of these visas are renewable.
Your sponsor must renew your visa within 30 days before its expiry. It is also possible to renew an expired visa if it is in its grace period. The grace period is for 30 days, starting after the expiry. However, if you stay beyond 30 days with an expired visa, you will be fined AED 25 for every day for the first 6 months; AED 50 every day for the next 6 months, and AED 100 per day after a year.
Benefits of having a UAE residence visa
- Open a bank account.
- Access financial facilities.
- Apply for a driving license.
- Access government health services and health insurance.
- Register his/her children in government schools and in private schools.
- Work and invest.
UAE Family Residence Visa Renewal Fees 2022
If you are an expat living in Dubai with your family for a long time then with this blog you can easily learn all the latest news about UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2022 as well as UAE residence visa renewal fees 2022
The population of UAE, especially its workforce, majorly consists of expatriates. They have resided along with their families in the UAE for decades, renewing their residence visas on a constant basis because the UAE does not grant permanent residency visas to expats.
Most people visit the UAE as tourists and continue to stay in the country even after their visa expires. In such cases, they are charged an amount as an overstay fine. They must renew their visa before the due date to avoid these penalty fees. If they want to renew their visa again, they will have to go back to their country of residence and return, apply for the visa again, and return after a month.
In this article, you will also learn all there is to know about UAE residence visa rules and regulations in 2022.
What are UAE Family Visa Rules 2022?
Following is a list of UAE family visa rules in 2022:
- Both employers and employees with a valid residence visa and a minimum salary of AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation can sponsor their families.
- The type of profession is no longer a criterion for a family visa in UAE.
- If the father is residing in the UAE and is able to sponsor his children, then the mother is not allowed to sponsor them.
- A UAE family visa is issued depending on the nature of work and the labor contract.
- Resident sponsors have 60 days’ time to apply for their dependents’ residence visas after they enter the UAE.
- In order to obtain your family visa in UAE, the applicant aged 18+ should undergo a medical fitness test at government-approved health centers in the UAE.
- You need to submit an authenticated marriage certificate to sponsor your wife. The certificate must be duly translated into Arabic by a certified translator.
- In certain strict cases, Muslims are permitted to sponsor two wives, only if they meet all the necessary conditions.
- Residents can only sponsor their daughters if they are unmarried.
- Residents can sponsor their son up to the age of 18. If your son is studying he can be sponsored till the age of 21.
- An expatriate resident can sponsor their stepchildren subject to GDRFA’s guidelines.
- An employee can sponsor both parents. To do so, you must submit a guarantee for each parent stipulated by the respective immigration department.
- A woman can sponsor her family if she holds a residence visa with a monthly salary not less than AED 8000 plus accommodation.
- The resident woman should be an engineer, nurse, teacher, doctor, or any other professional related to the medical sector.
What is the UAE Family Visa Cost 2022
Resident visa cost in Dubai or UAE is based on some important factors like the place of the applicant, duration of their residence, insurance required for the family members, etc. Based on those factors below is a specified list of (approximate) Dubai family visa fees 2022 and UAE residence visa fees 2022:
- 2 year Dubai residency visa fees 2022 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3500.
- Same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5272.
- For a 2-year, UAE family visa cost of 2022 for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2200.
- Same for an applicant out of Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 3972.
- 3-year Dubai residence visa cost 2022 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3700.
- Same for an applicant in Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 5472.
- 3-year residence visa Dubai cost for applicants out of Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 2400.
- Same for an applicant out of Dubai with insurance will be approximately AED 4172.
How to Renew your UAE Family Residence Visa?
The sponsors must renew their family residence visa before it expires the grace period of 30 days to stay in the UAE. Remember to get it renewed before the end of the grace period to avoid incurring fines and easily pay your UAE family residence visa renewal fees 2022 or Dubai residence visa renewal fees 2022.
How to sponsor your family in the UAE – A complete guide
The UAE population, especially its workforce, consists of a majority of expatriates. We have prepared this guide on sponsoring family members in the UAE, to help you understand the rules and procedures of obtaining residency for your dependents. The latest regulations make the UAE family sponsorship process easy, provided that the sponsors fall under a specified income bracket. Here is everything you need to know about sponsoring your family in the UAE.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPONSORING FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE UAE
Any expatriate can sponsor his or her family, as long as they have a valid residency permit. Last year, the UAE government updated family visa rules and as of March 2019, one can sponsor their spouse, parents or children as long as they meet the requirement of a minimum salary for sponsoring their family in UAE.
The minimum salary for sponsoring your family in Dubai/UAE is AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation for male sponsors. So, there is no longer any restriction on the type of profession one has, as long as they match this earning limit. To know more about the new rules for wives sponsoring husbands in the UAE, take a look at our detailed post on UAE work permits for husbands on wives sponsorship.
While there are other conditions that will also be taken into account, the main eligibility criteria for obtaining a family sponsorship visa UAE is related to whether you can take care of the sponsored person’s needs.
DURATION OF SPONSORSHIP AND TIME LIMIT
When you are sponsoring your relatives, you have a 60 day-window to apply for their residence visa in the UAE after they arrive in the country.
Upon arrival, they are provided with an entry permit. The sponsor has two months to convert this permit to a valid residence visa.
In emirates other than Dubai, the entry permit is known as ‘tasheera’. You can obtain this online, but there are several details involved. You can start the process by visiting a typing centre to fill the document for AED 50.
The validity of the visa is for up to two years, but the exact duration depends on both the nature of the job of the sponsor as well as his or her labour contract.
For instance, if the sponsor’s visa is for three years, the sponsored relatives are likely to get the same duration. This excludes parents and adult sons, who get a residence visa in the UAE for one year. Likewise, if the sponsor’s visa is cancelled for any reason, the dependents’ visas will be cancelled as well.
When the dependent’s visa expires or gets cancelled, s/he has 30 days to obtain a new one. If they fail to do this, they will become illegal residents and may also have to pay an overstay fine.
The UAE government grants and renews residence visas in the UAE for individuals 18 and above only after taking a medical fitness test at a government-approved health centre. This involves a blood test and an X-ray. Dependents may also be tested for other health conditions.
If a person is declared medically unfit, they will not be given a visa.
UAE FAMILY VISA: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
When sponsoring a family in Dubai or the other emirates, you have to submit the following documents with the application:
- Salary slip or certificate from the employer
- Registered tenancy contract
- Latest utility bill
- Marriage certificate (attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country and in the UAE)
- Attested birth certificates of children
- Passport copies of those being sponsored (passports should be valid for at least six months)
- Photos of those being sponsored (passport size against a white background)
- Medical clearance certificates
- Copy of employment contract/company contract
SPONSORING FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE UAE
HOW TO SPONSOR SPOUSES
To sponsor wives, residents have to show proof of the relationship through a marriage certificate (in Arabic).
As mentioned earlier, wives can also sponsor husbands in the UAE. In fact, sponsored husbands are now eligible for work permits as well. However, there are certain requirements.
In Abu Dhabi, the sponsor has to be a teacher, engineer or work in the medical sector and earn a minimum of AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation.
There are no occupational limitations for sponsoring a family in Dubai, as long as the sponsoring wife earns more than AED 10,000. However, she will have to take special permission from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai (GDRFA).
HOW TO SPONSOR CHILDREN
When it comes to obtaining the UAE residence visa for a child, the requirements are slightly different for sons, daughters and stepchildren. For instance, one can only sponsor daughters if they are unmarried.
For sons, the age limit for sponsorship is 18 years, unless the son is studying in the UAE or abroad. In this case, residents can sponsor their sons up to the age of 21. This can be done only after submitting proof of education (attested certificates from universities and schools). This is because the residency visa for sons is valid for a year and continues to renew until they complete their education. So they have to visit the UAE (if they are studying elsewhere) at least once every six months for their residency visa to remain valid.
Expats can also sponsor stepchildren under the conditions laid out by GDRFA. These include paying a deposit for each child as well as obtaining a no-objection certificate from the biological parent. For stepchildren, the government grants residence visas valid for one year, which are renewable annually.
Note that single women can also sponsor their children in the UAE. A single mother sponsoring a child in UAE also has to provide a no-objection certificate from the father, along with other necessary documents listed below.
SPONSORING PARENTS IN THE UAE
There is also a minimum salary requirement for sponsoring parents in the UAE. In Dubai, it is AED 20,000 or AED 19,000 plus two-bedroom accommodation. Moreover, the sponsor has to also obtain a medical insurance policy for the parents.
In case you want to sponsor your parents for a year’s stay, you will also have to pay a deposit for each parent.
As per the GDRFA, you have to sponsor both parents together, except in case of death or divorce, for which you need to give documentary evidence. Furthermore, you can only sponsor parents if it can be proved that you are their sole support.
FAMILY VISA UAE: COST
|COST (PER PERSON)
|Sponsor Registration File
|Tasheera (Wife/Children Outside the UAE)
|Tasheera (Wife/Children Inside the UAE)
|Tasheera (Parents Inside the UAE)
|Normal Medical Test
|Emirates ID (1 Year)
|Emirates ID (2 Year)
|Emirates ID (3 Year)
|Transfer Of New Residence to a Passport
CAN SPONSORS APPLY FOR EMIRATES ID FOR FAMILY MEMBERS?
Expat residents can easily apply for their dependents’ Emirates ID online through the FAIC website or Smart App. You need to submit your valid Emirates ID as well as passport-size photos of applicants.
WHO CAN SPONSOR FAMILY IN THE UAE?
Employers as well as employees who have a valid UAE residence can sponsor their families, given that their minimum salary is AED 4k or AED 3k plus accommodation.
HOW TO SPONSOR FAMILY IN THE UAE?
To sponsor your family in the UAE, you must:
- Have a valid residence visa
- Meet the criteria for minimum salary to sponsor a family in Dubai/UAE (AED 4k or AED 3k plus accommodation)
- Pass a fitness test at a government-approved health centre
- Submit essential documents
- Pay the visa fees
CAN A DUBAI FREELANCER SPONSOR FAMILY IN THE UAE?
Yes, a freelance visa in Dubai allows the holder to sponsor his/her family in the country. However, this would be considered a family visa and expire after two years.
This concludes our guide on sponsoring family members in the UAE. By now you will have a fairly comprehensive understanding of the family visa procedure in the UAE. Like fathers, mothers can also sponsor their children in the UAE. However, there is a certain eligibility criteria for mothers sponsoring their kids to Dubai.
We have also compiled a list of Amer Centres in Dubai where you can complete the visa applications smoothly. You can also find a list of medical centres for visas in Dubai and Abu Dhabi on the blog as well.
Do note that immigrations rules in the UAE are subject to change. Subscribe to MyBayut to keep yourself updated on all things UAE.