A student visa to Cyprus may be the answer to your prayers. Unlike most of the countries, Cyprus gives student visa to Pakistani nationals without any prior checks. Whether you are a graduate or undergraduate student and want to pursue a degree from abroad, Cyprus is the place for you. If you want to visit Cyprus for vacation purposes or want to do some higher education from there, you can enjoy all the benefits of living in that country by getting a Pakistani student visa.
If you are a Pakistani student and is looking for not only a definite destination but also a place which can offer you better quality of education, high standard of living, favorable environment to concentrate upon your studies, then Cyprus could be your next big destination. Cyprus is not just best place to study but it is also one of the most prominent destinations where the students studying overseas can undertake the job opportunities. We will base our discussion today on – Cyprus Visa For Pakistani Students. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: cyprus student visa requirements for indian and cyprus student visa age limit
The Process of Getting Student Visa of Cyprus 2021 for Pakistani Students
Every European country has excelled in innovation and research and the education quality there is superior level therefore international students from any part of the world give first preference to European countries for studying in abroad. If your admission is accepted by any of Cyprus’s university it will lead you to a very successful path. Since, the universities in Cyprus are welcoming and encouraging international students, they have set the admission requirements under a lenient criterion. There is no compulsion of IELTS and TOEFL tests, students can take university’s English language test instead. In addition, the Cyprus’s universities offered degrees have acceptance and acclamation in Europe and countries beyond Europe because of high quality providence. If you have chosen to study abroad in Cyprus, this article is written to give you an overview of student visa requirements of Cyprus:
Acceptance Letter from University in Cyprus
After fulfilling the admission requirements of your chosen university in Cyprus, the admission office of the university approves your application and sends you an acceptance letter. There are two ways of applying for student visa of Cyprus; one through the Migration department in Cyprus by application submitted by your hosting institution and second directly through the Embassy or Consulate of Cyprus located in your country.
Documents Required for Student Visa of Cyprus
Documents required for Pakistani Students if you are submitting Application Directly at Embassy or Consulate of Cyprus in Your Home Country Pakistan
- Completely filled visa application form.
- Recently taken photographs of applicant (4)
- Attested documents of applicant’s academic records (each document i-e higher secondary school diploma, Bachelor’s degree, Masters Degree must be attested granting authority and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the Cyprus Consulate with notary stamp)
- English Proficiency Test Certificate (if any)
- Photocopy of applicant’s valid passport (the passport must be valid for at least 2 years duration from the time your study programme commences in Cyprus)
- Original documents of student’s academic records must be carried along by candidate if the Embassy calls for interview
- Clearance letter from police station (validating the good character of applicant and proving that there is no criminal offense registered on applicant’s name. The clearance letter should not be older than 3 months)
- Proof of Finances (stating the applicant has amount of 7000 euro in the account)
- Medical examination certificate (The medical examination must be conducted in government’s approved institute. Proving that the candidate is not suffering from Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis and Tuberculosis and HIV. The examination result should not be 4 months old when submitted at the Embassy and it must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the Cyprus Consulate)
- Return travel ticket (proving that the applicant will return back after completion iof their studies)
- Visa fee paid receipt
- Original acceptance letter from university
- All documents must be in English language.
Documents required if you are submitting Application at the Migration department in Cyprus
The application submitted at the Migration department in Cyprus is done through your hosting institution in Cyprus. After being granted admission, your hosting institution will ask for following documents to be submitted at least three months before your study programme starts in Cyprus. You will post the documents at your university’s postal address.
- Certified photocopy of academic records
Under Graduate: Higher Secondary School Diploma with grade mark sheet translated in English and certified from granting authorities.
Post Graduate (Masters): Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of your home country.
Post Graduate (PhD): Bachelor’s degrees, Masters Degree
- Travel document (Passport must be valid for at least for two years)
- Clearance letter from police station issued not before than 3 months
- Health examination certificate
- Proof of finances
- Visa application fee (non refundable, it will be around 15 to 30 Cyprus pounds)
After arrival in Cyprus
The students entering in Cyprus should carry their original documents with them as the immigration authorities in Cyprus will only let them enter in the country after checking the documents. After entering Cyprus the candidates must report their hosting institution about their arrival for procedure of their temporary resident permit. Within one week of arrival and on the first working day as they arrive in Cyprus the students must register their name in local police station of Cyprus near their residence. The immigration department will arrange a health examination meeting at local hospital of Cyprus for international students within one week of their arrival as well. The temporary resident permit issued to students is called pink slip which will be issued to you upon your arrival in Cyprus. You will need to submit following documents to attain pink slip:
- Valid passport
- Student letter issued by your hosting university
- Proof of accommodation
- Immigration form completed and signed by applicant
- Amount of 20 Cyprus pounds to be paid as fee
- Three passport size photographs
Study Abroad Consultants of Cyprus in Pakistan 2021
The documents of student visa must be prepared at least 3 months prior to your study programme starts in Cyprus. Cyprus has an accommodating visa policy for international students but the deadlines of application submission and authenticity of documents are required. The success of study abroad process is entirely dependent on arrangement of documents on time and without mistakes. Since most of the students must be going through this process for the first time and they miss out the arrangement of the documents causing delay of their visa or even cancellation. Therefore, taking guidance from registered study abroad consultants does not only save your time and money but also increase the chances of your visa approval as they are experienced and well known to this process. In fact you can submit your admission application by their aid and follow step by step procedure till your departure from your home country to your study abroad destination. The list of study abroad consultants in various cities of Pakistan is available in this exclusive section of our website.
The requirements for a Cyprus visa will depend on the type of visa you apply for. Each type of visa required different types of documents to be submitted. Nevertheless, below you can find the general documents that you most likely will need.
- The visa application form – completed and signed.
- A valid passport
- Biometric passport photos
- Evidence of accommodation
- Evidence of finances, proof that you can afford the living expenses
- Travel itinerary or your booked ticket
- Lastly, you will need to pay the fee of the visa
Cyprus visa types
The Cyprus visas are classified as follows:
- Short-stay visas
- Long-term visas
- Team Visas, given to individuals who’ve been established prior to the travel decision and who as a team will enter and leave Cyprus.
- An airport transit visa, for when you need to change planes in the airport
- Visas for transit, when you need to travel from Cyprus to another country
Cyprus tourist visa
The Cyprus tourist visa is granted to people who want to travel for tourism purposes but also if you want to visit a relative or for business-related reasons. This visa is short term only, meaning that you can not stay longer than 90 days.
The requirements for the Cyprus tourist visa are:
- A valid passport
- Completed application for Cyprus visa
- Passport size photographs
- The flight tickets which indicates the return date
- Evidence of enough funds that will cover the length of your stay in Cyprus
- Evidence of accommodation
- Evidence of travel insurance
- If required, you might need an invitation letter from a Cypriot host
- Evidence that you are a citizen of the country you are traveling from
- Cyprus visa fees
If you are employed:
- Letter from the employer stating the purpose of travel, your position in the company, and the dates where you will be absent.
- If you are self-employed you will need a business license
If you are a student:
- A letter from your educational provider indicating that you are a student of that institution.
Cyprus work visa
The Cyprus work visa is for individuals who want to work in Cyprus full-time or part-time.
The following documents must be submitted when applying for the work visa:
- Completed application form of the visa
- Application request to issue job authorization in Cyprus
- Copies of some of your passport pages, mostly your personal information and the expiry date
- The initial contact of the job
- Criminal records
- Health certificate and health insurance
- Tax Clearance Letter from your recruiting agency
- Financial assurance letter, confirming that the assurance for you was paid by your employer
- Visa fees
In order for the work visa to be granted to you, you must:
- Go to the embassy in your country
- Schedule an interview and ask for any additional documents or other information
- Submit every required document
- Be patient for the visa to reviewed and approved which can take around 10 days
Cyprus study visa
A study visa to Cyprus is issued for students looking to study in one of Cyprus’s educational institutions.
The requirements for this visa are:
- The completed visa form
- A valid passport
- Recent passport size photographs
- Previous academic credentials are translated into English along with accredited copies of them
- Evidence that you can cover your living expenses in Cyprus
- Police clearance certificate
- Health insurance
Once you arrive in Cyprus you will also be required to take some medical tests for some diseases to show that you are clear.
Note that you may be asked for more additional documents depending on the educational institution you are planning to study at. We recommend that you contact or visit the official website for other possible requirements.
How can I apply for a visa to Cyprus?
To apply for a Cyprus visa, you must do so at an embassy or consulate in your country. You can contact them to schedule an interview where you can ask any questions related to the requirements of the visa.
Cyprus visa photo requirements
As mentioned in the requirements of Cyprus visas above, each type of visa may require some passport size photographs.
- The size of the Cyprus visa photo must be 40 mm x 50 mm
- The biometric photo must be in color. Black and white will not be acceptable
- Look directly to the camera lens and keep your head straight
- Cyprus visa photo must be recent and not old
- Background of the visa photo should be in a plain color, preferably white
- Facial expressions should be neural, meaning no smiles, eyes open and mouth closed
- Make sure that the