If you are planning for a long period of stay in Oman, it would be great to know the list of documents required to get the dependent visa. This will prevent you from missing any necessary documents while submitting your application.
For married expats and foreign spouses working, studying or investing in Oman, there is a visa available for their families. Called the dependent visa, it allows spouses and children to live in Oman with the main applicant. We will base our discussion today on – Dependent Visa In Oman. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: oman family visa requirements 2021 and new visa rules in oman 2022
Dependent Visa In Oman
In the US, one of the most common dream themes is being shot. These dreams can indicate attacks by others against your sense of self and mean that you feel like you have little control over the sense of vulnerability you feel from the outside world. The shooting might symbolise feelings of ambush, betrayal, or deception related to potential threats. In times past, many threats in actuality resulted from gun shots resulting in physical injury. When you dream about being shot, ask yourself which institution or person within your dream world feels threatening towards you? Is it a friend, foe, boss, co-worker? Is it a relationship or some sort of business contract you have had difficulty with?
Family Joining Visa
The family joining visa is granted to an expatriate employee’s spouse and children, below 21 years. It is granted also to a foreign wife of an Omani citizen at his request and according to a Ministry of Interior’s certificate validating their marriage. The visa shall be as follows:
- Valid for two years from the date of stamping on the holder’s passport.
- Multi-entry visa.
- The expatriate spouse must be in a senior job according to the GCC standards.
- Living in a residence rented in their name or in the name of their employer.
- Paid a monthly salary of not be less than RO 600.
- For an Omani national’s foreign wife a copy of the marriage certificate authenticated by their respective country’s embassy, Oman Ministry o f Foreign Affairs, and a Ministry of Interior’s certificate validating their marriage.
Application on the electronic form available on the Royal Oman Police website, and signed by the employer or an authorized signatory. The application shall be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals, and in English for non-Arabs, and shall enclose the following documents:
- Two photographs ( 6X4 ) cm.
- Copy of the foreigner’s passport, valid for not less than 6 months.
- Copy of the specimen signature sheet of the authorized signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, for the private sector.
- Original and copy of a medical certificate approved by the Ministry of Health FOR adults coming from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Syria and Nepal.
- Copy of a form approved by the Ministry of Manpower indicating the employee’s details including their job title and salary, or a bank statement of the monthly salary transfers for not less than six months.
- Where the foreign employee wants to bring in their spouse, copy of the marriage certificate authenticated by Oman Ministry of foreign Affairs.
- Copy of the residential lease agreement or document confirming his place of residence.
- With regard to the wife of an Omani national, copy of the Ministry of Interior’s approval, the authenticated marriage certificate and copy of the valid identity card.
- Thirty (30) Omani Riyals.
- N.BA fine of RO 50 will be charged for delay in the renewal or the registration of the residence permit.
Oman Family Visit Visa 2022: Everything You Need to Know
By Wego Travel
Currently, Oman is offering different types of visas and one of them is a family visit visa. The purpose of this visa is for people who wish to visit and reunite with their family who live in the Sultanate of Oman. This visa can be obtained with simple and easy steps, and we have gathered all the needed information for you who wish to get a family visit visa for your family. Read further to find out. Book cheap flights to Oman now
- Oman family visit visa 2022 rules & requirements
- Documents required
- Oman family visit visa application process – offline
- Oman family visit visa application process – online
- Oman family visit visa validity
- Oman family visit visa processing time
- Oman family visit visa 2022 price
Oman family visit visa 2022 rules & requirements
Here are the rules that you should observe before getting the Oman family visit visa:
- Brothers and sisters should be below 18 years of age. There should also be an attachment proving that there are no family relations outside Oman.
- As soon as the applicant’s residence permit has expired, the family visa also expires.
- The children of the applicants must be below 21 years of age. If they have passed the age of 21, the residence permit for the children will expire.
- The sponsor should also be a fully legal Omani national and will be held responsible for any of the information mentioned in the submitted family visa application form by the applicant.
- The minimum salary to get a family visa in Oman is 300 OMR or 779.22 USD.
- A mother can sponsor her child in Oman provided that she meets the minimum salary condition. The sponsorship may be invalid if the mother is a single parent or a divorcee.
Below are the requirements for the Oman family visit visa:
- A copy of the foreigner’s passport whose family will be joining in Oman while a copy of the foreigner’s residence card is also submitted along with it.
- There is an undertaking form that has been specified only for family joining visas and needs to be filled by the sponsor and his employee. Children below fifteen years of age are exempt from this requirement.
- A document proving the family relation between the foreigner and his family is also to be attached when the application form is to be submitted. This, however, is needed to be done only and only if the relation has not been mentioned in the passport of the foreigner.
- A document proving the marriage of the foreigner and his or her spouse should also be attached. If the wife of an Omani national is to join Oman then there should be a certificate approved by the Ministry of Interior which confirms the marriage.
Oman family visit visa application process – offline
- Bring all the necessary documents to apply for the family visit visa
- Visit the nearest ROP (Royal Oman Police) Visa Service.
- Submit all the needed documents to the ROP Visa Service.
Oman family visit visa application process – online
The online application process requires the user to:
- Fill up and submit the Online Visa Application Form
- Complete the online payment process
- Print the completed form
- Take the printed form enclosed with the required documents to the nearest ROP Visa office.
Oman family visit visa validity
Oman family visit visa is valid for a total period of 3 months from the date of issue.
Once the family visa gets expired you need to either renew the visa or register the residence permit once again. If this is not done then a fine of 50 Omani riyals per month will be applicable.
Oman family visit visa processing time
The general time for visa processing is around 2 to 15 days.
Oman family visit visa 2022 price
The price of an Oman family visit visa in 2022 is around 20 OMR or 51 USD.