For UAE nationals, obtaining a UAE visa is relatively easy. There are more than 12 types of UAE visa and each of them has different requirements. However, citizens of the United Arab Emirates need at least one sponsor to sponsor their visa application. For other countries who don’t have a diplomatic relationship with the UAE government, it might be confusing whether they require a Visa or not. South Africa belongs to this category as it doesn’t require a Visa for most parts of UAE.
Do you need a visa to visit Dubai? Visitors from South Africa must apply for a visa unless they hold dual citizenship. The 90 day tourist visa is free but can take time if your application is not entirely complete. Obtaining a visa on arrival does not permit stays longer than 20 days. Visa processing time starts when all required documents are received. Extensions are not possible without making a new application. We will base our discussion today on – Do South Africa Need Visa For Dubai. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: do i need a visa for dubai and dubai visa on arrival for south african passport
Do South Africa Need Visa For Dubai
Types of Visas
96-hour Visa – if you are transiting through the UAE and your layover is at least 8 hours. It allows you to stay for up to 4 days in the UAE
Validity: 4 days from arrival
30-day Short-Term Visa – for regular tourist purposes. It allows you to stay for up to 30 days in the UAE
Validity: 30 days from arrival
Please note: That should you wish to visit the UAE more often and over multiple occasions, there are multiple-entry UAE visas valid for 3 months.
How to Apply
The earliest you can apply for a UAE (Dubai) visa is 3 months before you travel. In the case of the 96-hour visa, we suggest applying about 2 weeks before travelling.
- Apply on the airline’s website
- For Emirates, use the “Manage your booking” tool (you will need your flight ticket and booking reference for this)
- Complete the online form
- Scan and upload all your required documents
- Pay the visa fee
- Receive your visa entirely online via email (no passport courier needed)
At the Dubai Visa Processing Centre:
- Make an appointment with your nearest DVPC
- Pay the application fee (via EFT or with a cash deposit at a branch)
- Take your required documents to be submitted (along with proof of payment)
- Complete the application form
- Track the status of your application
- If your application is successful, you will receive an SMS and email notifying you when your visa and passport are ready for collection
UAE Visa Costs
|96-hour Visa :R202 to R445
|30-day Short-Term Visa :R1,333 to R1,412
With VFS Global:
|96-hour Visa :R610
|30-day Short-Term Visa :R1475
Important notice: Please note that the DVPCs do offer express services, with the 96-hour Visa express fee at R950 and the 30-day Short-Term Visa fee at R1,815. If you need to cancel your application at the DVPCs, it will cost you R480. Payments must be made to NEDBANK Ltd – A/c NO 1030242380, Branch code: 14690591
Please note that prices are subject to exchange rates and may change without notice
UAE Visa Requirements
All Dubai visa have the following requirements:
• Completed Application Form
• A copy of your return flight ticket
• Two colour photographs with white backgrounds (4.3 x 5.5 cm)
• A colour copy of the first 2 pages of your passport (must be valid for 6 months after you leave the UAE)
• A letter from your bank stating that you will have enough funds available while in the UAE
• A letter from your employer proving your employment and the position you hold
• Hotel booking confirmation
• Travel itinerary
Address: 5th Floor, Strand Building, 47 Strand Street, Cape Town
Telephone: 021 423 6573
Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 12:30; 13:30 – 15:00Johannesburg
Address: Sandton City, Office Tower, 2nd floor, Sandton
Telephone: 011 783 0410 / 011 783 1941
Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 12:30; 13:30 – 15:00Durban
UAE visa for Citizens of South Africa
The United Arab Emirates is a fantastic destination for your next vacation. The country offers beautiful beaches, futuristic museums, and a rich culture to explore. However, South Africa passport holders must first apply for a UAE visa to enjoy this trip. Luckily, South Africa is one of the nationalities eligible to apply for a Tourist eVisa.
With our online visa services, you can apply for a UAE visa in just a few clicks. iVisa does the hard work for you, so you can keep busy planning your trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Let’s see what you need to apply online and obtain the UAE tourist visa as a South Africa passport holder!
What is the UAE Visa for South Africans?
The UAE tourist visa is an official travel authorization that allows travelers to submit visa applications online to visit the country. This visa permits you to travel to the United Arab Emirates, including Dubai and Abu Dhabi, for short tourism or business trips. Be aware that it is a Single Entry visa. It must be used within 60 days after issued and is valid for stays up to 30 days in Total.
Contrary to traditional visas, this valid visa is issued 100% electronically, so South Africans can fill out the UAE visa application from anywhere. You complete the process online without ever stepping into a UAE embassy or consulate, and receive your visa confirmation via email.
Requirements for the UAE Online Visa for South Africans
In order to apply for the UAE eVisa, South Africa nationals must provide some documents and information.
- Copy of your valid passport, with an expiry date of at least 6 months from the arrival date in the UAE.
- Applicant photo, simply use the handy iVisa Digital Photo Service.
- A copy of your return flight ticket with travel dates.
- Birth certificate of minor (if applicable).
If you overstay the expiry date of your UAE visa, you may face legal action and a fine. Also, it may not be possible to apply for a UAE visa in the future.
Application process of the UAE eVisa for South African passport holders
You’ll have to complete three simple steps to apply for a United Arab Emirates visa online. The visa application process won’t take longer than 15 minutes to complete.
- First, fill out the visa application form with your personal information and details about your intended stay in the UAE. At this point, you are also asked to choose the processing time that best suits your needs.
- Second, check all the provided information to avoid any mistakes that might delay your application for the UAE visa. If everything is correct, pay the visa fee with a credit or debit card.
- Three, upload clear scans of all the required supporting documents. Then submit your application.
You receive a confirmation of the approved visa via email. We recommend that you print your visa confirmation before traveling to the UAE and present it to the authorities at the airport when requested.
Visa fees: How much does a UAE visa cost for South African nationals?
The cost of the visa varies depending on the processing time you choose. We offer three processing options:
- Standard Processing: This is the most affordable option. You’ll get your UAE visa in 7 Business Days for USD $177.99.
- Rush processing: You get the visa online a little faster in 5 Business Days for a fee of USD $228.99.
- Super Rush Processing: For ultra-fast processing, this option takes 3 Business Days. It costs USD $287.99.
We recommend you apply for your visa at least one week before your trip. The prices for our services include the government fee. Once your visa is ready, you’ll receive it via email and are ready to explore the cities of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and more.
Differences between the UAE visa and the Dubai visa
These two visas are the same. In fact, there is no official ‘Dubai visa’. You can use UAE visas to visit Dubai since it is one of the cities of the United Arab Emirates. The ‘Dubai visa application’ is the same as the UAE tourist visa application, and you can click here to apply and visit Dubai.