I am often asked by people about whether Indians need to obtain a transit visa for Hong Kong before passing through the country. Reason being, Indians do not need a visa for Hong Kong if you are entering on a tourist visa/visitor visa. Though technically speaking as per the Indian government all travellers, including Indians, require a visa when passing through Hong Kong and you are advised to take care of that in your home country before you set out on your journey.Hong Kong Passport Visa is required for Indian Nationals to transit through Hong Kong. Indian Nationals who holds a valid visa / permit to any other country or region except mainland China, must hold a visa if transiting through the cities of Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing.
Does Indian Need Transit Visa For Hong Kong
We all know that Hong Kong and China are in high trade with each other. Many Hong Kong based companies regularly visit India for trade purposes. For example, a big pharmaceutical company was facing manufacturing issues with its drugs. The management decided to upgrade the manufacturing plant by outsourcing the new process of production to an Indian manufacturer.Hong Kong is a beautiful and developed city that has all the modern facilities that an individual can look for. The city attracts thousands of tourists each year for its lucrative markets, historical heritage, beautiful natural scenery and prosperous lifestyle, and the most catchy thing about the place is its visa-free entry to the visitors from all over the world.
Hong Kong visa for Indians
iVisa | Updated on Feb 04, 2022
Most travelers are visa except if they plan to go to Hong Kong. This is because 170 nationalities are visa-exempt, and India is one of them. This means that a visa for Hong Kong as an Indian passport holder is not required. However, there is one particular requirement that you will need to meet, and that is the pre-arrival registration. While Indian citizens can travel to Hong Kong and stay there for 14 days Per Entry, they need to have this document filled out in order to enter. Providentially, the registration of the eVisa can be done online with all the services supplied by iVisa.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
*IS THERE A HONG KONG VISA FOR INDIANS?**
WHAT IS THE HONG KONG VISA FEE FOR INDIAN CITIZENS?
The fee is USD 40.00 for a Hong Kong pre-arrival registration for Indian Citizens.
WHAT IS A HONG KONG PRE-ARRIVAL REGISTRATION (PAR)?
This is a program that the Hong Kong government implemented to keep its 14 days Per Entry requirement for Indian nationals. This program went into effect on Jan 2017.
HOW LONG CAN VISITORS WITH AN INDIAN PASSPORT STAY IN HONG KONG WITH A PRE-ARRIVAL REGISTRATION?
Indians can remain in Hong Kong to get a max of 14 days Per Entry with a Multiple Entry. Additionally, you have to understand this pre-registration document has a validity of 180 days after issued.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
When you apply for the pre-arrival registration online on iVisa’s site, the prerequisites are simple. Here is what you must provide so that iVisa can process the registration for you:
- Passport — Indian applicants need a valid passport which remains valid for another 6 months from your date of arrival from Hong Kong.
- Way of payment — that the payment has to be made throughout the application procedure, and iVisa takes multiple ways of payment like credit/debit cards and Paypal.
- Valid email address — iVisa will send you the notification slip via email, which is the reason you need an email address registered to what you have access to.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
Here are your choices:
- Standard processing — you will receive your notification slide in 2 days, and you’ll be billed USD 40.00.
- Rush processing — this time, it is going to take 36 hours for your application to be processed, and you need to pay USD 55.00.
- Super Rush processing – that is the quickest choice you can possess, and you’ll be able to use it while assessing on your flight. It requires just 24 hours to obtain the registration notification slide, however, you’ll have to pay undefined. to receive the registration notification slip, but you will need to pay USD 90.00.
Click here to begin your application.
HOW DOES THE HONG KONG PRE-REGISTRATION WORK?
On January 23, 2017, Indian nationals can complete online pre-arrival registration in order to enjoy the current 14 days Per Entry visa-free to visit or enter Hong Kong during transit. Please note that this registration is not necessary if you are transiting by air and not leaving the airport transit area.
Each pre-arrival registration for an Indian national will be valid for six months or until the expiration date of their Indian passport used in the application, whichever comes first. Provided that the immigration requirements are met, registrants may use their valid notification slip together with their valid Indian passport to make multiple visa-free visits to Hong Kong. These authorized registrants may stay in Hong Kong for up to 14 days Per Entry.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR A PRE-ARRIVAL REGISTRATION?
The application is very easy to fill out and you will be done in 20 minutes.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A PRE-ARRIVAL REGISTRATION?
iVisa has produced a fast and easy application process so that you won’t spend time. But if you require any help during the process, we provide a 24/7 support service you can reach 24/7.
Follow these step-by-step to complete the application form:
- The first one is going to need you to fill in your overall information like title, address, passport information, etc. Following that, you also have to pick a processing period.
- The next step includes revision and payment. It’s essential that you make certain there aren’t any typos or mistakes of any sort and the information in your form is 100% true. You are not going to have the opportunity to create corrections. In terms of payment, use one of these approaches mentioned.
- The next and final step of this application procedure is for extra documents upload (if needed), and you have to also answer a set of private questions. That shouldn’t take you and the questions are straight forward.
Click here to apply. Once you’re finished with this, simply submit your program and await the pre-arrival registration telling slide to arrive at your inbox at the duration of your selection.
DO I NEED TO GET A PRE-REGISTRATION DOCUMENT FOR MY KIDS TOO?
Yes. All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Hong Kong require this document, even kids.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I MAKE A MISTAKE IN MY APPLICATION?
If you made a mistake when entering your data online then please contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible to assist you.
If we submitted your application you can’t make any adjustments and you’ll need to use but we’re not going to bill you a different service fee.
HOW CAN I TRUST YOUR SERVICES?
A lot of men and women feel that online information escapes and their private info is in danger of getting into the incorrect hands. However, that is not the case with our services. Maximum security is provided by us for your information and we invest a lot in the database’s security. Your information could not be safer. It is possible to check what innumerable happy customers say about us here.