Visa is an official document issued by a country to allow a person to enter the country for a specific purpose like visiting, employment, etc. But Indian nationals don’t need to acquire a visa for entering Maldives for tourism. However, citizens of some other countries should have a valid visa before entering this country.
India is one of the trendiest tourist destinations. Tourism helps Indian economy to grow by a larger amount, and it also gets a good number of foreign visitors every year. But, sometimes it becomes very hard for tourists to get the best visa for travelling or getting the perfect visa for Maldives. This is when you should start thinking about the suitable travel agency.The Maldives is a gorgeous island nation, located in the Indian Ocean. It is southwest of Sri Lanka. The Maldives is comprised of at least 1,000 small coral islands and sandbanks, with only 200 of them being inhabited. It is also a popular destination for Indian tourists. However, getting a visa to travel to Maldives isn’t as easy as it used to be in the past due to the tightening of immigration laws by the government.
Does Indian Need Visa For Maldives
All about Maldives Visa for Indian Citizens
Ever felt like waking up to see beautiful blue beaches and get soaked in the white sand of a beautiful island? If your daily life sucks and you wish to find some peace amidst the sparkling clear water, then Maldives is the place for you.
Other than the natural environment and clean air, it is an alluring place for adventure lovers. Snorkeling, swimming, jet skiing, scuba diving, and fishing are some of the best activities one can indulge in.
This mesmerizing island has many things to offer like beauty, sports and adventure, and shopping. The Maldives has around 1192 coral islands that fascinate not one but all. It is a perfect place for honeymooners also. Sounds attractive, right?
The bewitching charm of the island lures everyone giving an urge to reach there with a blink of an eye. But before you dream and plan your next vacation to the Maldives, you need to check on visa requirements.
Do Indian Citizens need a Visa for Maldives?
If you plan on visiting Maldives for holidays then you do not need a pre-arrival visa. It is just that one should have all the valid travel documents. Such as your passport should be valid for 6 months beyond the date of arrival to the Maldives.
Indians are given a Tourist Visa on arrival at Male airport and it comes with the 30 days limit. It is easy to fall in love with the place which may make push you to stay longer. If so, then it can be extended up to 90 days after approval from the respective authorities.
Do you know that Indians are an exception to this extension? Thanks to the close strategic, military, economic and cultural relationship. Other than this, it is Bruneians who are allowed for 15 days only. The best part is that no fee is charged for the visa.
Is there a Visa on Arrival in Maldives for Indian Citizens?
Everyone needs a visa to enter another country but thankfully there are some countries like Maldives which provide visa on arrival. The facility is absolutely free of cost.
The Maldives is one of those liberal countries that attract visitors every year. But it is wise that one should check for the details with the visa office. At times, the rules may change.
Maldives Visa fee for Indian Citizens
For all nationals including Indian Citizens, Maldives provide visa on arrival which is valid for 30 days. It is absolutely free and does not come with any hidden clauses. Anyone applying for the visa should have valid documents along with the passport.
How to apply for Maldives Tourist Visa?
We already know that the Maldives give visa on arrival which is valid for a month. One must log in to the website and check for the regular process update. To get that visa after you reach Male, you must produce some of the documents like
- Confirmed tickets to fly from the Maldives when your trip ends.
- A valid passport that should have 6 months expiration from the date of arrival in the Maldives.
- Confirmed hotel reservation and the vouchers that confirm the same. You might have to show the same at the immigration counter.
The Department of Immigration always reserves the right to allow you a stay fewer than 30 days. In case you wish to extend the stay, a written application, 2 days prior to your visa expiry, can be submitted. You may then get new visa approval for the next 60 days or less, as the need may be. The department may reject or approve the application or request for a visa.
Maldives Tourist Visa processing time
You get a visa on arrival, hence as such, there is no processing time. It is just that the Department of Immigration and Emigration will check for your stay details. If they find everything in place, you will be allowed to have the time of your life at Maldives 🙂
Should I buy Maldives Travel insurance?
Travel Insurance is designed to help you in the times of some blow and bust. Buying a Travel Insurance will not avert your misfortune but will surely be of great help. The Maldives is a coral island where people go for utter relaxation and fun. Imagine during this time, you happen to lose your wallet or maybe your passport.
It may give you a knock especially when you are in a mood of enjoyment. I am sure this very thought of hassle and row will push you to be decisive enough to buy Travel Insurance. Want to know more about how can buying a travel policy will help? Let us look at the whole picture considering some cases.
- The Maldives is great for water sports and obviously all those who visit the island explore the underwater life. During the activity, there can be chances when you can get hurt and need some medical help. Your travel insurance will cover the expenses for you.
- Imagine as soon as you land at the airport, you realize that from the baggage counter someone else has taken your bag by mistake. All your clothes and other belongings were there. Thankfully, you have the money but for the stolen or lost bag, your Travel Insurance Policy will pay you for.
- Your travel policy will cover your accidental medical emergencies if there arise any. So, the idea is don’t be careless but don’t panic for any medical help.
- For any reason like the demise of a relative, if you are unable to start off your journey and you need immediate cancellation of the tickets, your Travel Insurance will cover that for you.
- Think that if you get injured while some activity and now you cannot move because of the pain or fracture. You don’t want to get the treatment in the Maldives and wish to return to India. The Travel Policy will cover you for the Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- If you happen to damage some third-party property also, the Maldives Travel Insurance will cover you for that liability incurred.
Know more about:
- How to Compare Travel Insurance Online?
- Visa Free Countries for Indian Citizens
- Is Travel Insurance Mandatory for Visa?