With the World Cup fever taking hold at the moment, I thought it would be a good idea to update you all on Indian Visa requirements for traveling to Russia. The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ will be the most exciting competition ever and there’s no better time to get your travel plans sorted than now.If you are an Indian passport holder and travelling to Russia for tourism or any business purpose, then you will most likely need a Visa. This is applicable to holders of all kinds of Indian passports i.e. Diplomatic/Official, Ordinary, and regular Visa.
Visa is a document which is required to travel somewhere. VISA means “permission to enter into a country and stay there for a certain period of time”. It is usually issued by the foreign government or an authorized representative of that government after you have made all necessary efforts to enter into the nation, it may be easier said than done.Travel is one of the most exciting things that you can do in your lifetime. A truly good travel experience can provide memories that last a lifetime. There is no better way to get completely immersed in a culture than to not only explore the country, but be immersed within its border. For many people, traveling through Russia is a dream come true.
Does Indian Need Visa For Russia
Tourist Visa is required in case you enter Russian Federation for tourism purposes. Tourist visa can be valid for up to 30 days and can be issued for single or double entry. Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your tourist confirmation.
Please click on the tabs above to obtain the required information about your visa application.
Please note that each visa application attracts a visa fee. Visa fees vary depending on the citizenship of the applicant, number of entries and processing time.
Please note that in addition to the visa fee applicants are required to pay the VFS Service Charge of 1830 INR (including GST) for each visa application.
Russian Visa Application Centre accepts payments for visa fees, mandatory VFS Service Charge and optional Value Added Services, which the applicant may choose to purchase.
Payments can be made at the Russian Visa Application Centre in cash or by debit / credit card.
Please note that all payments made are non-refundable.
To know the detailed visa fees please follow the link.
Documents to be submitted while applying for single, double or multiple entry tourist visa*:
- Tourist confirmation letter (a copy can be submitted) issued by a Russian tour operator (registered in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators under a unique reference number). It should contain all the passport details of the tourist (full name, date of birth, sex, citizenship and passport number), duration of stay (date of entry and exit), number of entries granted by the visa, full contact details of the Russian tour operator, its reference number (“MBT”), list of the cities to be visited, accommodation details, signature of the head of the tour agency, the organization’s official seal.Please note : 2 copies of tourist confirmation is required for submission at Chennai consulate.
- Original passport containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for a period of 6 months after the visa expires (+ a good quality copy of the page with photo and address page – both on one side of an A4 sheet).
- Online application form completed on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed in person by the applicant. Important: while completing the application form please select correct location for submission (the visa center you will be applying at).
- One colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with light-coloured background, clear image of the applicant directly facing the camera, without dark/ tinted glasses or any headgear (with the exception of persons who wear such headgear due to their ethnic/ religious background, and are seen wearing the same in their passport photo).
If travel is more than 14 day’s then day to day itinerary is required.
*Double-entry tourist visas are issued for trips including exit to Russia’s bordering countries only. Additional documents may be required: an air ticket and a visa, or any other document allowing entry to the country of the second destination (original+copy).
Additional documents may be required for multiple-entry tourist visas.
The Consular Office reserves the right to request additional documents, invite the applicant for an interview or extend visa processing time up to 30 days.
If you are not a citizen of the Republic of India, to know the visa requirements, rates and terms please consult with Russian Visa Center specialists.
Note: The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide one recent colour photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be:
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
The Embassy and Consulate General of the Russian Federation in India process visa applications and decide whether or not to issue a visa within the processing times service standards of up to 10 working days. This is subject to a complete set of documents being provided and consular fees paid.
The processing times may vary according to the decision of the Embassy or Consulate General of the Russian Federation in India.
In emergency cases an urgent visa application may be submitted. In such cases the processing time can be shortened to just 3 working days or less, if an order to that effect has been given by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, the Federal Migration Service of Russia or the Ambassador or Consul General of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in India.
In addition, some applications may take 30 days if deemed necessary by the Embassy of the Russian Federation in India.
To complete the online visa application form, please go Here.
Please make sure to indicate which Russian Embassy or Consulate or Russia Visa Application Centre you intend to apply for your visa. Your application will be sent to the selected authority, for a decision to be made regarding your application. If you fail to do so then you may be requested to fill in a new application form.
Upon completion of your application form please print, sign it and submit to our application centre together with all support documents, payments and passport.