This article will help you about Srilankan passport holders traveling to India. It is important for Indian visa Application like Tourist Visa(tourist), Business Visa (business or meeting), Medical Visa, Student Visa and Work Visa.:Almost every day , tourists from Srilanka visit India for tourism, to meet relatives living in India and for business purposes. Due to their continuous visits and the fact that Srilankans have relatives in India , many have started settling in India. These citizens of Srilanka are discriminated by Indians . A travel permit is needed when a citizen of Srilanka wants to enter India if he/she does not carry Indian Passport. This can be done by carrying a No Objection Certificate from the Immigration office identifiable at the port of entry.
In today’s world, it’s very stressful for international students to get a no objection certificate and visa to study in India. Here are a few things you need to know about visa to study in India.The Republic of India is located in the southern part of Asia. It is a country with a population of more than 1.2 billion. India, as a developing country, has introduced a series of preferential policies to attract foreign visitors and promote tourism industry. Under this policy, it is not difficult for many countries to get visas to India.
Does Srilankan Need Visa For India
India Visa for Sri Lankans
eVisa Requirements for Sri Lankan Citizens
Please note: eVisa entry is currently not permitted for citizens of Sri Lanka. Very few exceptions apply. This is a temporary measure and Sri Lankan nationals are expected to be let into India again soon. Check this page regularly for the latest updates.
The process of applying for and successfully obtaining a visa is easy when done online. For Sri Lankans who seek to obtain a valid visa to India, it is a matter of filling out an application form, waiting for visa approval, and finally, receiving your visa in your email inbox.
There are a number of visa types for India which include; business visas, tourist visas, and medical visas. It is essential that travelers research these visa types in order to find out which visa to apply for.
Do Sri Lankan Citizens Need a Visa for India?
It does not matter that both countries are on the same continent of South Asia, as there is no free passage agreement between them. This means that Sri Lankan citizens need a visa to travel from Sri Lanka to India.
Required Documents for Getting an Indian Visa for Sri Lankan Citizens?
It is important to meet the Indian visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens in order to apply for a visa successfully. To start the application process, here are the documents which must be presented.
- Valid international passport: This item is perhaps one of the most critical Indian visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens and must be taken seriously. A recent passport document which has no less than 6 months validity from the date of entry to India with at least two blank spaces for visa approval must be provided. If there are previous passports, they should be made available and all should have pictures that bear a resemblance with the current one.
- Birth certificate: This is usually required for minors. In order to get a clear idea of the age of the visa applicant, a birth certificate or approved age declaration form is essential for an Indian visa from Sri Lanka and must be submitted.
- For applicants below the legal adult age, a letter of consent from parents or guardians must be presented. This only applies in the case that the minor is traveling alone.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Visa for India from Sri Lanka?
The visa application for the Indian visa takes approximately one working week to process. Applicants are advised to apply at least one week in advance.
This is made possible if the requirements are met and the application form is completed correctly. To avoid delay, make sure you double-check your visa application form before submitting it.
Apply for an Indian Visa from Sri Lanka
Before applying for an Indian visa for Sri Lankan citizens, it is important to check that you are eligible fpor visa application. Along with the earlier listed requirements, the applicant must be a citizen of Sri Lanka with necessary proof.
For manual visa application, travelers can go to the consular department of the Indian embassy which is located in Hambantota, Kandy, Colombo, and Jaffna areas to obtain and fill the application form which must be complemented by the necessary documents.
On the other hand, travelers can apply electronically by filling out the online application form which must be submitted with the necessary documents as listed above for a smooth response from the Indian authorities.
I HAVE A SRI LANKA PASSPORT, DO I NEED A VISA TO VISIT INDIA?
Yes, Sri Lankan citizens will require an electronic tourist visa to visit India.
You will find that the process is simple and fast. You can check the requirements to apply for an eVisa here.
WHICH VISA TYPES ARE THERE FOR SRI LANKANS?
As a Sri Lanka citizen, you will have these options:
- Tourist eVisa.
- Business eVisa.
- Medical eVisa.
To check them all, click here.
NOTE: This blog is about the Tourist eVisa. Information can vary for the Business and Medical Visas.
WHAT IS AN INDIA TOURIST EVISA?
The India Tourist eVisa is an official document, necessary to enter and travel within India and it is electronically linked to your passport.
HOW LONG CAN VISITORS WITH A SRI LANKAN PASSPORT STAY IN INDIA WITH A TOURIST EVISA?
Visitors from Sri Lanka entering India with a Tourist eVisa will be able to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days in Total. This visa also grants Multiple Entry to India.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
The list of requirements Sri Lankan citizens need to provide is short. iVisa will do most of the work, but you still need to provide us with a few things to get started. Here is what you need:
- Passport – It is very easy to obtain a passport. If you already have one, make sure that it is still valid. Just look at the expiry date.
- Digital photo of yourself – it is recommended that it is a recent photo. You should not make face gestures in it, and the background should be white.
- Scanned passport with its information page
- Payment method – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card.
HOW LONG IS THE INDIA TOURIST EVISA VALID?
Your Tourist eVisa for India will be valid for 1 year after issued. This means that it can be used in that timeframe.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
Most Sri Lankan citizens might be concerned about the service fee. On the contrary, iVisa provides an excellent service at an affordable price. The cost of your visa depends on processing time and visa cost. Regarding processing time, you can choose one of the three available options:
- Standard processing – 5 days. Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. It only costs USD 88.00 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – 3 days. The cost goes a bit higher than with the previous option. You will be charged USD 118.00 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing time – 36 hours. As you can expect, the price goes a little higher. This option will cost you USD 153.00 (service fees included).
Click here to start your application.
HOW DOES THE INDIA TOURIST EVISA WORK?
iVisa with process your eVisa by using India's eVisa system. We enter the information provided by you in the system, then, the government reviews it out and grants your eVisa. We then send this document to the email you provided. So, your Indian Tourist eVisa is issued electronically by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Indian Government.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR AN INDIAN TOURIST EVISA?
Less than 10 minutes. You just need to fill in our simple application form with the documents mentioned above. Then, iVisa handles the rest!
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR AN INDIAN TOURIST EVISA?
The process to apply online is easy. It consists of three steps:
- It will only take about 5 minutes to fill in your general information and choose both the processing time and visa type for all that in step one.
- The second step consists of revision and payment. Make sure that all the information you provide is 100 % accurate. Check the spelling carefully.
- The third step will ask you to answer a few personal questions. You may be required to upload additional documents, but we will let you know if that is your case.
Click here to start. After you are done, submit your form and wait for your visa to arrive. In case you need assistance to fill your application, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE APPLIED?
After submitting your form, we will send your eVisa to you by email in PDF format. You do not need to go to the embassy anymore! Then, you need to print your Tourist eVisa to be shown at your arrival in India.
DO I NEED TO GET SEPARATE TOURIST EVISAS FOR MY MINOR CHILDREN?
Yes, every passenger must hold an eVisa regardless of their age.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
To apply for others, you will need to have all their documents required (mentioned above). Then, you just fill in the application form with his or her information. And if you will apply for more than one person, just click on 'Add new applicant' and follow the same process.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I MAKE A MISTAKE IN MY APPLICATION?
If this is the case, then please contact immediately one of our customer service representatives via online by clicking here, and we will assist you.
If we already submitted your application, then changes are NOT possible anymore and you will have to apply again but we will NOT charge you another service fee.
IS IT SAFE TO USE IVISA TO GET MY INDIA TOURIST EVISA?
Your personal information could not be safer with iVisa. It is common to think that online information leaks and can get into the wrong hands, however, with our services your personal information is safe. We invest a lot in security for you to be comfortable using our webpage. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.