In this article, I’ll talk about various aspect in detail about the Dominican Republic Visa for Indian Nationals. It doesn’t matter if you have a student VISA or a work permit, figuring out what is the right visa service company can become cumbersome. Whether you are looking to study, invest or try out life in foreign lands – like Dominican Republic as an example – it’s important to know how to make the right decision.It‘s a well-known fact that the Indians are the most colorful, vibrant and lively people on this planet. If you have an Indian passport and want to travel to the country of sunny beaches, then you will have to note about this. In this article, we will talk about Dominican Republic visa for Indian passport holders. The below information will be very useful for those who have had their heart set on traveling to this Caribbean island.
Dominican Republic Visa For Indian
t was the year of triumph for the government, who works tirelessly to make India a better place. With the help of a dedicated team comprising members from every walk of life and all age groups, we have achieved feats that helped us in making our nation flourish to new heights.
Dominican Republic Visa For Indian – Definitive Guide
The most visited nation in the Carribean, the Dominican Republic also holds significant importance in the history of the Americas. With the Dominican Republic visa, several visitors enter the country for various purposes ranging from tourism to work. Though not everyone requires this, the Dominican Republic visa for Indian citizens is a mandatory endorsement.
What is the Dominican Republic Visa?
The visa is the endorsement required by individuals planning to enter the country. A vast majority of the nationals have visa-free entry into the country. A few others have a Dominican Republic visa on arrival (tourist card) for tourism purposes as well. Although, Indians will need a visa to enter for whatsoever purposes. One significant factor about this visa is that unlike other countries, these are all extendable.
Note;- If you hold a valid Schengen, UK, or USA visa or resident permit, you are eligible for a tourist card on arrival in the Republica Dominicana for a stay duration of up to 30 days. In this case, you will not require a visa.
How to Apply for Dominican Republic Visa from India?
The application for the Dominican Republic visa for Indians is fairly straightforward. However, before starting the application you will have to ensure that you are eligible to travel to the country on the specific visa. After that, you can proceed to make the application as follows –
- Visit the website of the Dominican embassy or one of the embassy authorized VACs (Visa Application Center) and download the Dominican Republic visa application form.
- Fill in the form with all the necessary details including your basic information, travel information, as well as details on your travel document.
- Affix a photograph on the application form and sign in the relevant places.
- Proceed to book an appointment at one of the VACs located across India.
- Along with the completed Dominican Republic visa form and the documents, visit the respective VAC.
- Pay the fees at the VAC and submit your application.
Note:- A Dominican Republic visa on arrival for Indian passport holders may be granted in the form of a tourist card if you possess a valid residence permit or visa for Schengen, UK, or US.
Dominican Republic Visa Types
Based on the purpose of the visit, the Dominican Republic permits can be majorly classified into the following –
- Tourist – This is issued for people travelling to the country to take part in tourism-related activities such as sightseeing, adventure sporting, leisure, etc.
- Business – These are granted for people travelling in order to take part in business meetings, conferences, symposiums, trade fairs, and other business activities in the country.
- Student – This type is issued for students entering the country to take part in study courses.
- Work – The work permit is granted for people travelling to the country to take part in employment.
- Residence – This is the permit issued to people who are planning to live in the country for the long term as a resident.
Documents Required for Dominican Republic Visa from India
As per the Dominican Republic visa application requirements, the following are the list of general documents you would need for most of the visas. Based on the exact category of the visa, there will be additional documentation necessary.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended travel.
- 1 recent photograph as per the specifications.
- Completed visa application form.
- Covering letter – along with its Spanish translation.
- Proof of sufficient funds – bank statements, a letter from the bank, etc.
For certain documents, you will be required to get apostille as well. Ensure that you consult reputed providers for the apostille and translation services.
Dominican Republic Visa Photo Size
- Dimensions: 35mm X 45mm
- Colour: Coloured
- Head must occupy the central position
- Must be recently captured within the last 3 months
- Background: Solid, plain white or grey
- 80% face coverage
- Neutral expression
- Glasses: Thin framed and prescription are permitted
- Headgears are allowed only for religious reasons
- Facial hair is permitted
The time taken to process the application can vary depending upon the exact type of the visa, the volume of applications at the embassy, as well as on your previous travel history. Normally, it can take around 10 working days to process. As a result, you must apply well in advance.
Dominican Republic Visa Fees for Indian Nationals
The fees for the visa depends on the exact type of visa as well as the duration of the stay. The fees have to be paid in cash at the VAC. There is no option of paying the fees online. Apart from the application fee, there will be additional processing charges or delivery charges levied by the VAC. As a result, you must ensure that you check the exact amount before starting the application.
How to Check Visa Status?
Once you have submitted the application at a VAC, you can check the status by clicking here and entering your reference number and date of birth. You can also contact a travel agent you have applied through to know the status.
Where Do I Get a Visa for Dominican Republic?
The applications for the visa has to be made to one of the VACs. The embassy has given the VAC the authority to accept the applications on their behalf. However, the processing is done solely by the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in New Delhi.
Once the processing is successful, you can pick up the visa from the VAC directly, or you can have them deliver it to you for an additional charge.