If you need a working visa in UAE and don’t have any sponsor, then you will be directed for a grace period for employment visa in UAE. That is why to have Emirates company in UAE has become essential for the expatriates.There has been a lot of confusion surrounding the grace period for employment visas in the UAE. But we want to help you clear up any questions you might have about the UAE’s grace period law.A grace period is a specific time allowed by the law which gives a person the chance to make up their mind or reconsider their options after making an important decision. In U.A.E, there is also another kind of grace period that we need to understand and know about when going forward with the application process. This is different from the normal grace period in UAE and is given only for those who have recently applied for a job in U.A.E with an employment visa (i.e., a job visa). Therefore, it does not apply to any other categories of visas in U.A.E (eg, tourist visa, visit visa, etc.).
Grace Period For Employment Visa In Uae
Applicants who wish to remain in the country for 30 days after their employment visa has expired will be able to do so without having their visa cancelled, provided that they apply for a new one during the grace period.
UAE Visa Cancellation – Employment, Family & Tourist Visa Cancelation Procedure 2022
Update – 26th April, 2022
How to cancel your UAE resident visa is relatively a straight forward process. The United Arab Emirates’ Visa cancelation process is easier than the process of applying a resident visa. But, it’s really important to get the Resident visa cancelation properly while making sure the cancelation been updated in the immigration system.
Go through this UAE visa cancelationessential guide prepared by Arabiers UAE Visa experts which elaborate informative details on Employment,Family and visit visa cancelation in UAE.
Table Of Contents
Employment visa cancelation
If you have been working in United Arab Emirates under an Employment visa, Cancelation of that Employment resident visa comprises with 2 basic steps.
- Labor card cancelation
- Resident visa cancelation
To cancel Labor card in the Ministry of Labor one separate application need to be submitted, Theron again another second application has to submitto ministry of foreign affairs in order to cancel Employment visa. This process must be done by your visa sponsor (employer) and it cannot be done by your own. Usually the visa sponsor will need to produce Original ID card, copy of your current passport, copy of your resident visa page, E-signature card of the authorized signatory, Copy of company’s trade license, Copy of Labor establishment card and copy of Immigration establishment card. Basically you must follow the company’s procedure of resignation and keep the good conduct with your company as well as the country law for a smooth process of getting your employment visa cancelled in UAE.
Procedure of Employment visa cancelation in UAE
1. Printing the application at the respective service center (Tasheel or Amer centers or local typing center) or via online (Ministry’s e-forms program – GDRFA / smart channel)
2. Signing the application by the sponsor/the authorized signatory
3. Provide the relevant documents and initiating the process
Cancelation of labor card temporarily in Ministry of Labor and electronically forwarding the information to GDRFA in order to cancel your resident visa permit
Sponsor or Authorized person visit General directorate of residency & foreignaffairs
General directorate of residency &foreign affairs send the electronic confirmation to cancel labor card permanently.
Employment visa cancelation fee
AED 100 – 200
Family visa cancelation
A sponsor of a Family visa could cancel the visa only through an authorized typing center or at the immigration office. The Typing center or the Amer/Tasheel center will fill your cancelation form and submit the cancelation request online through an online portal. Generally, Cancelation approval receives within an hour.
If you chose a typing center for the cancelation, upon approval you will be given only the cancelation copy printout. (Will not receive cancelation stamp on the visa page in the passport and it’s not mandatory). However, if you wish to get the cancelation seal in the passport visa page, better either submit the cancelation directly at the immigration branch office or else bring you cancelation paper given by the typing center along with the applicant original passport to get the cancelation stamp in the passport for free.
- Original Passport of Sponsored and Sponsor
- Original Emirates ID of sponsor
- Filled Application (e-Vision form)
Family visa cancelation fee
AED 200 – 250
Tourist visa cancelation
Visitors who got approved UAE visas sometime getting confused whether do they need to cancel this unused valid visa if in case they are not travelling UAE due to different reasons. Actually, the answer is they don’t need to cancel the visa. Because, UAE immigration department given 60 days validity for that visa from the date of the tourist/visit/ leisure visa been issued and after 2 months that visa will be automatically invalid. So, it’s unnecessary to cancel the visa by paying the cancellation fee.
If in case after getting approved UAE tourist/visit/ leisure visa, if you feel you have applied shorter visa than the expected length of stay during the visit/tour OR if your company or family applying a resident entry permit, then it’s mandatory to cancel the earlier tourist/visit/leisure visa by paying the visa fee. The visa sponsor can request to cancel the approved visa whenever necessary and pay the fee.
Tourist visa cancelation fee
Want to stay more in UAE
After your Employment visa and Family visa cancelation, if you would like to stay furthermore in UAE , better you can read the below details to make it easy
Those who are resigning their job and wanting to look for new job prospects, those who are planning to move out of UAE by cancelling resident visas and those who send their family members to home country due to studies or various reasons has the most easiest option. That is getting a new tourist visa / visit visa with or without exit. As soon as your Employment visa or Family visa cancelation is done, you will get 28 grace period to stay in country for free (in your cancelation paper the last date is mentioned)
Near to the end of cancelled visa grace period, you can choose one of the below options to stay longer in UAE or visit UAE back.
- Flying out or going home country:It’s one of the most usedway to get a new UAE Visit visa / tourist visa. It takes 2-3 days to get a new visa, you can enjoy a holiday or family visit while your new tourist visa getting ready. At this option, you have to purchase 3 way tickets/ 2 way ticket with return dummy ticket which includes Flying out of UAE, flying to UAE and again yourticket dated after 30 or 90 days)
- Visa run: Most of the Europeans and western country people get on arrival tourist visa up on arrival to UAE. As soon as your residence visa cancelled you can do Oman visa run, where as you will be granted 30 or 90 days tourist visa based on your nationality with reference to on-arrival nationality list.
- Airport to airport visa change:Airport to airport visa change useful and convenient method to exit and get a new tourist visa, your visa provider will be providing you a return ticket to nearest Middle Eastern country (such as Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait) and up on return to UAE you will be provided with a new visa tourist visa . Even if you are currently overstaying after finishing the cancellation grace period, this is the best way to clear the overstay and previous resident visa status by paying the fine at the airport and exiting the country. You will return back with a new tourist visa and continue stay further in your desired UAE city
- Inside country visa: Most convenient way to stay in the country even after your Employment visa and Family visa been cancelled,Inside country visa is a visa change without exit which allows you to stay home without going anywhere. The visa provider will take care the paper works and provide you with new visa copy and status change paper
Consequences of leaving the UAE without proper cancellation of employment visa – what happens if UAE visa is not cancelled
Staying away outside of United Arab Emirates more than consecutive 6 months will automatically cancel your resident visa and if you don’t enter the country before completing 6 months won’t allow entry later using the same visa. Therefore, in such situation you are not needing to come all the way back to UAE to cancel the visa in case you have no idea to come back to UAE again in the future.
If you left the country without proper cancellation of employment resident visa which is followed by employer inform resignation which complied with employment termination procedures (Labor cancelation and employment permit cancellation), perhapsyour employer will report you as absconding person which leads to banned you in UAE. This will result new visa application rejections and even if you manage to travel to UAE there is a chance you might be get arrested at the airport.
So, it is always advisable to follow up with proper visa cancellation of your resident visa and collect proof of cancelation (cancelation paper and or cancelation stamp in passport visa page)before leaving United Arab Emiratesto avoid issues with your future visa applications.
UAE visa cancellation after 6 months
For some unavoidable reason you might unable totravel back to UAE for 6 months and obviously it will result automatic invalidation of your UAE resident visa. In order to travel back to UAE again you will need to get the previous visa properly cancelled even though it’s in invalid. Those who went without informing the company (Sponsor) have no options left behind, rather than pursuing the companies and coming to an amicable solution.
As soon as the current expired residence visa cancelled, a company or family member can re-apply a new residence visa, you will get an entry permit to travel to UAE where as you need to do medical test, Emirates ID & visa stamping in the passport again. Those who are wanting a tourist / visit visa can apply it through a visa agent or sponsored by a family member. After your entry using a tourist / visit visa you may change the visa status to residence visa followed bystatus change stamping, medical test, Emirates ID & visa stamping
Residence Visa cancellation for a person outside UAE
Doing Family visa cancellation while your family member gone out of the country is more easy and straight forward to get done when the sponsor is in UAE. The sponsor can submit required documents and do it without any hustle You can get this done using a typing center and not exactly need to visit the immigration department.
- Original Passport of Sponsor & the applicants
- Original Emirates ID of sponsor
- Application has to be a Typed form
- Application Fee: Dh266 and typing charges will be additional amount
- Cancellation stamp on Visa page in the passport is not required. If you want seal, you can visit nearest Immigration branch with original passport and cancellation receipt. They will put stamp without any fee.
While you are outside UAE getting the employment visa cancellation is bit hectic, since you must be only able to achieve it through the current visa sponsor. As long as you have genuine reason, the employer can cancel your visa and if you have any issues or debt with the company then indeed it will be harder to negotiate with the company being out of the country.
Freezone visa cancellation
The process of cancelling the contract from a Freezone company need the presence of both employer and employee at the freezone headquarters where they can meet the officers in person. This ensures all rules are honored and there is mutual agreement between the two parties regarding the termination of the existing employment contract. In order to initiate the cancelation process you must carry yourOriginal passport and Emirates ID card.
UAE visa cancellation paper sample
Covid19 & visa cancelation update
- 1. Guides and rules for dubai residents returning from june 22,2020
- Use the ICA Smart service link to register and get the approval and then book the flight
- Approval for return is handled by UAE General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs in partnership with airlines.
- PCR tests are conducted at the Dubai & Abu Dhabi international airport
- A 14 day quarantine duration is imposed for all individuals testing positive for COVID 19
- 2. Individuals who hold a UAE visa that expires between March and December 2020 are given an automatic extension effective until 31st December. The holder is supposed to exit the country or find employment to secure a new visa.
- 3. UAE visa holders with an expiry date before March 1 are given a 3 month grace period starting from 18th May until 18th August 2020.The holder is exempted from paying any overstay fines within this duration and should choose to leave the country or secure a new visa within this period.
- 4. Employees whose visas were cancelled after March 1st by their employers are provided a 30 day grace period from the date of cancellation. The employee should exit the country or secure new employment. Another viable option is to apply for a UAE tourist visa. The immigration department is issuing tourist visas for applicants within the UAE but not for those who apply from abroad.
- 5. In the case of domestic workers and dependants residing on Family visa, an automatic renewal will be given until December 31st for any visas that have expired after 31st March.
- May 13, 2020
6. Due to the prevailing lockdown conditions individuals who have exited the country before UAE borders closed can now cancel their resident visa without being in the UAE. The passport of the individual is not required either as the exit will be updated on to a centralised system. The former employer of the individual needs to submit a copy of the employee’s passport and visa that has to be handed over to the GDRFA of the Ministry of Interior.