In this article I’ll be discussing how to obtain a Greece Visa for Jordanian. I’ll include all the information that you need in order to successfully obtain a visa. Before getting started, let me briefly clarify what exactly we (Greeks) mean when we refer to “Greece”.Do you want to travel to Greece and Hungary? Do you want to spend some time in these two European countries? Well, your dream can come true if you obtain Greece visa for Jordanian nationals.
The Jordanian government has announced that their citizens can now apply for a visa to visit Greece for up to 3 months. This is a change from the current rule that states Jordanian citizens can only stay in Greece for 90 days total within a year.Visa requirements for Jordanians traveling to Greece. How to get an eVisa, how much does it cost and other useful information and tips.
Greece Visa For Jordanian
Greece Visa Application Requirements
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Greece, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Greece Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Greek Schengen Visa since 2000 when Greece as a Member of the European Union, also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
Greece Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Greece, alongside the rest of the EU and Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2020. Entry restrictions are frequently changing, based on the COVID-19 situation in other countries.
Here are the latest updates regarding the Greece travel entry restrictions and other measures imposed by Greek authorities.
Read “Travelling to Greece Amid COVID-19 – Everything You Need to Know” to get the latest updates regarding Greece entry restrictions and other measures imposed by Greek authorities.
General required documents for a Greece Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Greece Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Greece Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond the return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Greece and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Greece and itinerary
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Greece
- Hotel Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Greece.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Greece
UK residents, please read: How to Apply for a Greece Visa in the UK?
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave approval letter from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied by the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally to the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Greek Visa application.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Greece Visa Application:
Greece Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Greece with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Greece Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Greek company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint-stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Greece Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Greece, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Greece Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – the purpose of visit, expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Greece Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of the journey (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Greece Visa for Study, Training, Research, or another type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Greece Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Greek citizen:
- Proof of Greek citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Greek nationality or naturalization order)
- Greek marriage certificate
- Greek family record book
Greece Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or another type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Greece Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Greek embassy/consulate in the home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their underage children.
Temporary visa extension for foreigners in Greece
An extension to a Greece Schengen visa is only possible in exceptional cases where new facts and special reasons arise after entry into Greece.
For more information, please read How to Extend a Greece short-stay Visa.
Attention! Please consult the Embassy of Greece in your country for the updated Greece Visa requirements!