There is a great demand for the Green Visa in Dubai. Initially it was known as the Permanent residence visa. Now the UAE government has introduced a new kind of visa which is mainly for investors who wants to stay in Dubai and enjoy the rich facilities, good citizen life to grow their business easily and freely. UAE has become one of the top most tourist destination since a decade which attracts almost more than 14 million tourists every year in Dubai alone.
Green Visa In Dubai
The government is working so hard to make it a major economic hub with all-round growth. That’s why investors have been investing in the UAE properties to earn income in return. But getting the property is just a small part of the success journey you face since there are thousands of people getting into real estate market here looking forward to buy property but often ends up failure due to lack of knowledge about the fundamental principles of buying property. Their primary interest is just to purchase property and not on how to outstandingly invest without making any noise to attract unwanted attention from authorities or investors’ competitors or investment firms. Getting property after paying hefty price does not mean you own that property now and can appreciate its value by locking it in your home or office cupboards or garage telling everyone you are an owner of that property yet
Dubai is adopted with a super luxurious and different way of life in comparison to others countries. It actually comes in top position of the most magnificent cities of the whole world. Businesses and tourists are always fond of getting comfort and convenience in Dubai, because it is one such city where people want to be in without fail for any type of requirement. Dubai visa is one such comfort that people typically look for arriving here from different places of the world.Dubai is a destination which has so much to offer, from the vibrant and fast paced city life to the sandy desert with rich culture and heritage. The beautiful skyscrapers, luxurious out doors hotels and large man made beach, it really is the place to reside in. There are many incentives for people to make the move to Dubai. It is full of people who work and live there offering a community feel.
What is the UAE’s Green visa?
The UAE’s Green visa is a type of residence visa, that allows its holder to sponsor himself/herself for 5 years, eliminating the need of a UAE national or employer to sponsor his/her visa.
Benefits of Green visa
The Green visa provides more benefits to family members, compared to the regular residence visa. Benefits include:
- getting residence permits easily for family members, including spouse, children and first-degree relatives
- the ability to sponsor their male children up to 25 years (previously 18 years), with no age limit for unmarried daughters
- children of determination (those with special needs) are granted a residence permit, regardless of their age
- longer flexible grace periods that reach up to 6 months to stay in the UAE after the residence permit is cancelled or has expired.
The residency of family members will be the same as that of the original residence visa holder.
Who can apply for a Green visa?
The following categories can apply for a Green visa:
1- Freelancers/self-employed people
Freelancers and/or self-employed people who wish to apply for a Green visa need to submit:
- a freelance/self-employment permit from Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- proof of a bachelor’s degree or specialised diploma
- evidence of annual income from self-employment for the previous two years for an amount not less than AED 360,000, or prove financial solvency throughout their stay in the UAE.
2- Skilled employees
To apply for a Green visa, skilled employees must :
- have a valid employment contract
- be classified in the first, second or third occupational level as per Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- have a salary of not less than AED 15,000.
3- Investors or partners
The Green visa for investors is given to investors establishing or participating in commercial activities. It replaces the previous residence visa that was valid for 2 years only. Requirements include:
- approval of the investment and proof of investment (If the investor/partner has more than one licence, the total invested capital will be calculated.)
- approval of the competent local authorities.
Renewing the visa
The visa is renewable for the same term upon its expiry.
Read related news coverage on WAM.
For more information on the Green visa, please contact:
- Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai