How To Convert Student Visa To Work Permit In Malaysia

It might seem like a very hard task to convert your student visa to a work permit in Malaysia, specially if it’s your first time. This guide will point you in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

This article will walk you through the steps required to convert your F-2 Student Visa to a Work Permit in Malaysia. In Malaysia, several industries can hire foreign national either under F-1 or F-2 student visas. There are many migration agents in Malaysia who would gladly assist students when the time arrives for them to switch over to a work permit. However, I recommend that you do audience segmentation in order and make decisions of your own based on your current situation, needs and wishes.

How To Convert Student Visa To Work Permit In Malaysia

The Malaysia Student Visa Program was setup to encourage students from countries all around the world to study in Malaysia, but sometimes students want to work while they are in Malaysia. This guide will show you how to convert your student visa into a work permit after you graduate.

Converting Student Visa to Work permit is a long and tiresome process. The process takes about one year. If all the documents are ready and you have little relevant work experience, you could get the Work permit in maximum six months if Malaysian Immigration approve your application.

The Malaysian Government has announced that foreign students who are in the process of converting their student visa may now apply for work permits.

If you are a student with a student pass, you are legally allowed to work up to 20 hours per week. You can use this to your advantage by getting what we call the S(O)-WP. This is a work permit issued specifically for students. It allows you to work full time during school holidays, and part time during semester breaks.

Leave a Comment