The maximum age limit for a student visa holder in Australia is 50 years old. This rule is applicable for all the students who are under 50 years of age and applying for a General Skilled Migration
There are two main categories of student visa: the higher education sector and the vocational sector. The maximum age limit for students in both sectors is 35 years, although at different ages.
Student visas in Australia offer temporary residence to foreign citizens who wish to study in an institute in Australia and complete their academic goals. For applying the student visa, it is required by the department of immigration that the applicant must be under age 25. Since there is no upper age limit for applying this kind of visa, applicants above the age of 25 can also apply and are eligible for extending the visa.
Maximum Age Limit For Student Visa In Australia
Over the years, Australia has managed to warm up to the foreign students and managed to sustain a large number of student population from across the globe in its institutions every year. According to statistics, every year more than 270 000 foreign students arrive in Australia with an intention of higher studies and it has also been reported that more than 160 000 people receive their education on a student visa.or a Student Visa.
What is an Australian Study Visa?
An Australian study visa is a temporary visa, that enables you to remain in Australia for the duration of your study.
Guidelines issued as per the notification and w.e.f. July 1, 2016, for the Australian Student Visa, have changed, and a Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) has been initiated.
According to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, all international students planning to study in Australia are now required to apply for a visa under Subclass 500 and this effectively combines the erstwhile subclasses 571 – 576 into one.
Upcoming Intakes in Australia
Australian universities have two intakes every year:
- Intake 1: Extends from February/early March to late May/early June
- Intake 2: Extends from July/early August through to November
The first intake is usually treated as the main intake by most Indian students. The best thing to do is to prepare for the next upcoming intake.
Top 20 Universities in Australia 2022
Australia ranks as per the following among the Top 500 universities in the world, according to the QS World University Rankings 2020,
|Rank in 2020
|Australian National University (ANU)
|The University of Melbourne
|The University of Sydney
|The University of New South Wales (UNSW)
|The University of Queensland (UQ)
|The University of Western Australia (UWA)
|The University of Adelaide
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
|University of Newcastle
|University of Wollongong
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
|University of South Australia (UniSA)
|University of Tasmania
|James Cook University (JCU)
|Swinburne University of Technology
|La Trobe University
|University of Canberra
Documentary Proof Required for an Australia Study Visa
You will generally need the following basic documents while applying for an Australia Student Visa.
- The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment as proof of admission into a college or university.
- A valid passport.
- Your visa application fee.
- Your GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement.
- Academic and work experience documents.
- Evidence of financial ability to meet expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, living costs for dependents, and return airfare.
- Details of OSHC health insurance policy.
- Statement of purpose.
- Passport-size photographs.
You will also be required to provide additional documents like parental consent if you are under 18 years of age.
Application Process: Study in Australia in 3 Simple Steps!
You have to make sure that you meet all the requirements before you fill up the visa application.
To fulfil the requirements, you would need to :
- Meet Australian study requirements: You have to be enrolled in a full-time course ( undergraduate, masters or Phd) to be able to apply for a student visa. The course must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses. for Overseas Students (CRICOS). The university will provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate which will serve as proof of enrolment.
- Meet Language Requirements: Authorities need to know that you have adequate language abilities. You can display this by taking a language proficiency test. The following tests scores are acceptable:
- International English Language testing system (IELTS) : 5.5-6
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) : 46
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) : 42
- Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) : 162
- Occupational English Test (OET) : A ‘b’ for each test component
- Have a Genuine Temporary Entrant (gte) statement: This will state that your only intention is to study in Australia, and that you plan on returning.
- Have adequate health insurance: In the event of something happening to your health in Australia, the authorities need to know that you will be able to pay your own healthcare bills. You usually have to purchase an Overseas Student Health Cover to prove this.
- Meet health requirements: You must be in reasonably good health, and have no major illnesses that show up during medical tests.
- Meet character requirements: You are only eligible to apply for a study visa if you do not have a criminal or terrorist background. You must have a clean record.
Cost/Fee Requirements for an Australia Study Visa
International students are required to pay visa fees as per the category they fall in below.
|Base Application Charge
|Additional Applicant Charges if 18 Years or Above
|Additional Applicant Charges if Less Than 18 Years
|The Subsequent Temporary Applicant Charge
|Student Visa(Subclass 500)
|Student Visa(Subclass 500) (Subsequent Entrant)
|Student Visa(Subclass 500) Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector
|Student Visa(Subclass 500)Postgraduate Research Sector
Average Tuition Fees & Course Costs for Indian Students
These are the average tuition fees per year for international students according to the official government site.
- International Undergraduate Students – AUD 15,000 to AUD 33,000
- International Postgraduate Students (Masters Degree) – AUD 20,000 to AUD 37,000
- Doctoral Degree – AUD 14,000 to AUD 37,000
These figures however do not include high-value courses like medical degrees or veterinary science. They cost significantly more.
Australian Student Visa Processing Time 2022
Usually the student visa Australia is processed within a month, however, the maximum time it could take is 3 months.
However, Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) streamlines the visa processing time. Processing Time for Student Visa is:
|Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector
|Postgraduate Research Sector
|Independent ELICOS Sector
|Vocational Education and Training Sector
|Higher Education Sector
Since the SSVF process has streamlined, the standard time taken is anywhere between 4 – 6 weeks. This also depends upon the education institution and outstanding documents can always be requested if required and desired by the visa officer.
The higher education provider in Australia will issue the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) that is essential in the Student Visa Program (SVP) procedure. The application is then sent to the Department of Home Affairs.
It is recommended that you apply for the student visa at least 12 weeks before the day of orientation at the educational institution.
Why Choose Kansas?
Kansas Overseas Careers is the best immigration consultant in India. Don’t take our word for it, we have the numbers to prove it. Served 20K+ customers and over 3K+ active cases.
- Visit Visa: Travel for leisure or business to any part of the world with Kansas.
- Study Visa: Study in Globally-recognized Universities!
- Work Visa: Work & settle in the World’s Best Cities!
- Immigration: We are your one-stop solution for all your visa and immigration needs
- Permanent Residence: Become a Permanent Resident and enjoy special benefits.
- Profile Evaluation: Based on your unique profile history, we make matches with the visa eligibility requirements, and advise you with the visas you must apply for.
- Resume Writing: We guide you to create a resume that stands out as desired by the concerned immigration authority.
- Procuring documents: Help you arrange documents needed before applying for a visa.
- Professional guidance: Be it providing you with interview training, French/English courses or working samples for resumes, cover letters or assisting with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates – we will always be there for you.
- Dedicated Case-Officer: We offer personal assistance and a single point-of-contact between the company and you, throughout the process
- Post-Landing Services: We help you settle down in the country after you’ve received your visa. These services are specifically customized as per your requirements.
You can expect a one-stop solution for all your visa needs from profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting to post-visa services with Kansas. If you are confused about filing the AIPP application, you can contact us immediately. We will be pleased to help you in any way we can.
Don’t wait. Begin your visa application today!