Have you ever wondered how easy it is to obtain an On Arrival (OA) Visa for Mauritius? Well, it is a lot easier than you might think!
Getting an On Arrival visa in Mauritius is easy! Let MauritiusVisa.net tell you how to get your On Arrival visa for Mauritius in just a few steps so that you can enjoy your vacation as soon as possible. Mauritius, an island nation off the east coast of Africa, has gained a reputation as one of the most popular tourist destinations in Africa. Thanks to its sunny and warm tropical climate, amazing beaches and world class hotels, Mauritius has attracted a lot of tourists from all over the world. Because Mauritius has grown significantly in popularity among tourists, there is a need to improve services and facilities on the island. The government has listened to this need and decided to introduce On Arrival Visa For Mauritius. Those who have never been to Mauritius before can simply apply for an On Arrival visa for Mauritius at the designated airports or ports upon arrival and make their stay in the island easier.
On Arrival Visa For Mauritius
An On Arrival Indian Visa is a visa that is granted to the visitors of Mauritius when they arrive there. The visitors are allowed to stay in the country for 15 days until their specific visas are issued.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA) has introduced a new online visa application service, enabling travellers to apply for visas online. Previously, visa applications were only available on arrival at the airport.
Are you planning a lovely family vacation to Mauritius? Well, you are in for a treat!
Mauritius is a small nation, approximately one and a half times bigger than Delhi. Nonetheless, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations amongst Indian travellers.
Whether you want to spend your honeymoon at this heavenly location or simply want to enjoy with friends, you could not pick a better destination than Mauritius. However, before packing your bags, give some thought to Mauritius visa for Indians. Arranging this paperwork should significantly reduce your hassle on the trip.
Do Indians Need a Visa to Visit Mauritius?
Yes, Indian passport holders travelling to Mauritius will require a visa to enter the country.
Is Visa on Arrival/e-Visa Available in Mauritius for Indians?
Yes, the provision of a visa on arrival has been made available for Indian citizens looking to travel from India to Mauritius. In fact, when looking for a Mauritius tourist visa for Indians, you have only one option, which is a visa on arrival. Indians cannot avail the visa before their trip commences.
You can arrive at Mauritius Airport and pick up your visa document from the immigration desk there.
Eligibility Indians Need to fulfil to avail a Mauritius Visa on Arrival
To become eligible for this Mauritius visa for Indian nationals, Indians must meet the following criteria without fail:
- Must possess an Indian Passport that remains valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
- Proof of accommodation in Mauritius.
- Confirmed return tickets within the 60 days for which the visa remains valid.
- Between Rs. 3,600 and Rs. 7,200 as expenses for every day of stay.
Mauritius Visa Fee for Indians Citizens
The good news for travellers is that Mauritius visa for Indians is completely free of cost. This means that even though you would need to pick up your visa documents before officially entering the nation, you do not need to pay a fee for the visa.
Know more about Visa free countries for Indian Citizens.
Documents Required for Mauritius Visa for Indian Citizens
Simply understanding the requirements is not enough, though. You should keep certain documents ready, which are vital for ensuring hassle-free visa on arrival for Indian passport holders in Mauritius. Take a look at the list below:
- Filled-in visa forms with all necessary details and information
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 more months from the date of the Mauritius visit.
- If you are travelling to another destination from Mauritius, you must show a valid visa for that nation. Otherwise, you will need to showcase confirmed return flight tickets.
- All accommodation details, which should include room booking receipts and other details
- In case a Mauritian citizen is sponsoring your stay in the country, you would need to show a letter from the sponsor indicating the same. Further, the citizen’s address and the relationship must also be mentioned in this sponsorship letter.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the various expenses while staying in the country
- Bank statement may also be necessary
How to Apply for Mauritius Visa on Arrival?
Indians do not need to endure a long and strenuous visa application procedure when visiting Mauritius for a tour. In fact, there is no pre-registration process to follow. You should take all necessary documents on the trip and avail the visa on arrival from the airport immigration department.
Indian Embassy in Mauritius
Mauritius is a relatively safe country, which is free from internal strife, terrorism, or any other threats. Still, it is a wise move to note the address and contact details of the Indian Embassy in the nation.
- Address – High Commission of India, 6th Floor, L.l.C. Building, Pres. John Kennedy Street, P.O. Box 162, Port Louis, Mauritius.
- Contact Number – +(230) 208 3775/76, 208 0031, 211 1400
- Working Hours – Monday to Friday between 9.30 AM and 5 PM
In case of any emergencies, make sure you get in touch with a representative from the embassy.
If you are looking to minimise the financial risk from emergencies during your Mauritius travel, opting for an insurance policy is your best option.