Philippines Work Visa For Indian

Moving to a foreign country for work or study? One of the first and biggest hurdles you’ll have to face is securing the appropriate non-immigrant visa for your stay. In this article, we look at what the Philippines has to offer prospective visa applicants.

Now if you have never heard that Philippines is a tourist heaven then you must have been in coma or something. One of the best places to visit in Asia and has been in the list of most beautiful countries to visit. But don’t just come here as a tourist, rather come here to work and earn. You must be wondering how if you are an Indians and your friends back home might be thinking the same thing. So this information about how to work in Philippines for Indians should help you all to decide whether it is worth coming over or not.

Do you need a Visa to visit the Philippines if you are an Indian citizen? This article will tell you whether Indian citizens need a visa and how to apply for it.

Philippines Work Visa For Indian

In India, the word of mouth has passed around that Filipinos are friendlier than the locals. They can easily integrate with them due to their love for beach parties and island hopping throughout their free time. They can speak English and even teach children how to take care of or handle dogs, or prepare delicious food unique in their own culture. The Philippines is a top tourist destination in Asia because of the white sand beaches and not so far from India when compared with Thailand or Indonesia.

Working Permits for Foreigners in the Philippines

Foreign nationals who want to work in the Philippines have to obtain not just the appropriate visa, but a work permit as well. Working without a permitcould result in heavy fines for both the employee and the employer.

Not all foreigners who come to the Philippines to work need a permit. The following are exempted from this rule:

  • Members of a corporate board with voting rights, but without any position in the company
  • Owners and representatives of a POEA-registered foreign company who come to the Philippines to interview job applicants
  • Foreign nationals who were invited for teaching or research jobs, as part of an agreement between a foreign and local institution, or between a foreign government and the Philippine government
  • Members of the diplomatic services or accredited officials of foreign governments
  • Officers and employees (and their spouses) of an international organization, of which the Philippines is a member
  • Any foreign national exempted by Philippine special laws
  • Foreign nationals with permanent or temporary/probationary resident visas

There are three kinds of work permits for foreign nationals: Special Work Permit, Alien Employment Permit, and Provisional Work Permit.

Special Work Permit

A Special Work Permit is granted to those who will be working in the country for only six months or less. They include:

  • Professional athletes who will be competing or participating in an event for less than six months
  • Foreigners with special merits and abilities who have been invited to the country for specific temporary activities
  • The crew of a movie or TV show to be shot in the country
  • Reporters who come to the country to cover an event or person
  • Artists who will be performing in the country for a limited time

Alien Employment Permit

An Alien Employment Permit (AEP) is required for foreign nationals who want to work in the Philippines for more than 6 months. It is granted only if it can be established that the job requires skills thatare not available locally.

Here are some details about the AEP:

  • Application for one may be done personally by the foreign worker or by the company petitioning for his services
  • Application has to be filed with the Department of Labor and Employment office with jurisdiction over the area where the foreign national will principally be assigned
  • An AEP has an initial validity of one to five years, renewable for another five years
  • The AEP is a prerequisite for a working visa, such as a 9(g) or 9(d) visa

Leave a Comment