If you are Indian and want to take sun-drenched and golden life in Europe, the Portuguese Golden Visa can offer all your desired. Portugal and the Schengen area offer a wonderful opportunity to Indian investors and their families to relocate there.
The Portugal Golden Visa Program allows any non-EU or non-EEA citizen to become a permanent resident in Portugal if they make a real estate investment above €500,000 in Portugal.
There has been a recent boom in the citizenship by investment space. This growth is being driven in large part by Portugal’s Golden Visa, also known as the Residence Permit for Investment Activity visa program. Launched in 2012, this visa uses a £950,000 investment in property or £1.3 million investment in bonds as the basis for getting a golden visa that allows residence and eventually citizenship for you and your family. How it works
Portugal Golden Visa For Indian
Not to be confused with their famed World Cup player, Cristiano Ronaldo, the second of which will not allow you to attain residency in Portugal. The Golden Visa program was started in 2013 as a way for Portugal to increase foreign direct investment. The way it works is that foreigners who buy real estate property or invest in certain businesses in Portugal can get a residence permit (visa) for themselves and other family members.
India Portugal Golden Visa Requirements?
India Portugal residency requirement
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Invest in a property/Real Estate €280,000 (Indian INR 2.6 Cr) in Portugal – OR
- Creation of 10 permanent jobs – OR
- Capital transfer – a minimum investment of €250,000 (Indian INR 2.2 Cr)
- minimum stay requirement of 7 days for the first year and 14 days in subsequent years
The Portugal Golden Visa Permanent Residence Programme is available to India citizens. There is growing demand in moving to Portugal from India through Residence Visa.
Real estate investment for India citizens
List of properties available for investment. Coming soon…!
India, How long does it take to get a Portugal Golden Visa?
India Portugal Golden visa timeline
For an investor from India, the processing time for a Portugal residency visa is between 6 to 7 months.
- Application preparation time, decide on investment, Open bank account, Tip to Portugal – 2-3 months
- Complete Application, Submit Application and biometrics – 1-2 weeks
- Pre-registration, transfer of funds, fees – 2-3 months
- Golden Visa residency card is issued
Details on Portugal Residence Visa processing times
India Portugal Golden Visa cost
India Portugal Permanent Residence visa by Investment
In 2022, the Minimum investment amount for Portugal Golden Visa (PR) is typically over €250K (Indian INR 2.2 Cr).
- Invest in a property/Real Estate €280,000 (Indian INR 2.4 Cr) in Portugal – OR
- Creation of 10 permanent jobs – OR
- Capital transfer – a minimum investment of €250,000 (Indian INR 2.2 Cr) – AND
- Contribution of €5,082 (Indian INR 5.4 Lakh) – Main Applicant, €5,336 (Indian INR 5.8 Lakh) – Dependents
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its monetary policy review enhanced the remittance limit under Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) to $250,000 per person per year.
Details of Portugal Residence Visa Costs
India Portugal residence benefits
- No minimum presence required
- Approval of permanent residency in three months
- No worldwide tax remittance basis only
- Schengen residence card
- No Real Estate tax
- Certificate or Permanent Residency for life
- Visa-free travel within Schengen
India – Portugal PR
Legal amendments in Portuguese law enable non-EU citizens to apply for a Portuguese Residence Permit. This is possible by virtue of Law 29/2012 and Order number 11820-A/2012.
Portugal is an EU country known for its sound political system and fully liberalized market economy. The country is known for its European standard of living and high standards of health care and education. Portugal is a Mediterranean country, which boasts a rich and diverse culture and a Mediterranean climate. Portugal has been a member of the European Union since 1986 and Schengen Area since 1995.
India Portugal Immigration Consultant
EB5 BRICS can help you navigate Portugal Golden Residency Programme through our presence in Portugal in conjunction with our Portugal Legal Partner. Our team speaks English, Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi.