Qmas Visa For Indian

India has a shared visa policy with Qatar and citizens of India can visit this country without obtaining a Visa. The Entry Clearance form or QMAS is used by the citizens of India to enter into India on a short term basis.

The Indian Non-Resident (NRI) is a special status conferred to an Indian citizen who stays outside India for employment, business or any other purpose. This article on ‘Qmas Visa For Indian’ has been prepared in response to several queries the firm receives on this topic. We will base our discussion today on – AA. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: qmas visa success rate and qmas visa application form

The QMAS visa is the best methods to come to Australia. ​You can knows everything about it here in a very honest manner.

The ‘Q’ visa is specially designed for the foreign business travelers who come to India to visit their business associates and/or customers, attend conferences/workshops, visit Convention Organizers, implement agreements of co-operation, etc.

India is famous for IT and Software Development. Indian IT companies are known for their excellent service like Software Development, Website Design, ERP solutions etc. They provide services with 24/7 duty executives to meet the client needs. India Computer Consultants are perfect for small, medium businesses as well as large corporations looking for quality business solutions. We are a reliable resource of India based IT Companies operating in various cities in India.

Qmas Visa For Indian

The Qatar visa policy is fairly lenient, especially compared to other Middle Eastern countries.

Citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates) have freedom of movement to Qatar, but there is an additional 80+ countries whose nationals can enter Qatar without a visa as well, while the rest can easily apply for a Qatar visa online or on arrival.

Countries That Can Enter Qatar Without a Visa

Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Qatar for up to 90 days within a 180-day period:

  • EU Member States (except Ireland)
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Bahamas
  • Brazil
  • Dominican Republic
  • Iceland
  • Liechtenstein
  • Malaysia
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Seychelles
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine

Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Qatar for stays of up to 30 days (extendable for another 30 days):

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Belarus
  • Bolivia
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Cuba
  • Ecuador
  • Georgia
  • Guyana
  • Hong Kong
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Japan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Lebanon
  • Maldives
  • Mexico
  • Moldova
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • North Macedonia
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Rwanda
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Suriname
  • Thailand
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • Uruguay
  • Vatican City
  • Venezuela

In both cases, you can enter Qatar multiple times within the permitted period of time.

Conditional Qatar Visa Exemption

Citizens of India can enter Qatar without a visa for 30 days if they show:

  • Passport with validity of at least another 6 months.
  • A confirmed return ticket.
  • A confirmed hotel reservation.

Citizens of Pakistan can enter Qatar without a visa for up to 30 days (not extendable) if they show:

  • Passport with validity of at least another 6 months.
  • A confirmed return ticket.
  • A confirmed hotel reservation.
  • A valid debit or credit card.
  • Proof of vaccination against polio (if travelling directly from Pakistan)

Citizens of Rwanda can enter Qatar without a visa

Who Can Get Qatar Visa on Arrival?

In addition to the visa-exempt entry, citizens from the countries listed below can get a Qatar visa on arrival, which will allow them to enter both Qatar and Oman for up to 30 days:

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Monaco
  • Montenegro
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • Vatican City

Electronic Travel Authorisation for Qatar

You can get an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) for Qatar prior to travelling if you have a valid tourist visa or residence permit issued by one of the following countries:

  • Any of the Schengen countries
  • Canada
  • Australia
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • New Zealand

You have to apply for a Qatar ETA through the website qatarvisaservice.com by completing an online form and attaching electronic copies of the following documents:

  • Proof of accommodation in Qatar, such as a hotel reservation or your host’s address
  • Proof of a return-trip ticket or onward ticket
  • A scanned copy of your passport.
  • A scanned copy of your visa or residence permit to one of the aforementioned countries. It must be valid for at least thirty days.

Your application for the ETA will be reviewed by the Qatar Ministry of Interior. If it is approved, then you can travel to Qatar, and get your visa on arrival, which will allow you to stay in the country for up to 30 days.

Remember that the visa on arrival is valid for only a single entry, so when you leave you won’t be able to return unless you apply for a new ETA, even if you haven’t spent the entire 30 days.

Qatar Visa Requirements

When you apply for a Qatar visa, you have to submit electronic copies of the following documents (scanned with color):

  • Your passport’s biographic information page (name and picture)
  • A recent passport-size picture of you
  • Your confirmed airline ticket.
  • Proof of accommodation in Qatar, such as your hotel reservation.
  • If you will stay with a relative/friend in Qatar:
    • A letter of authority from them
    • Their Qatar ID and residence visa
    • Copy of their passport’s bio page
    • A copy of their rental agreement document
  • If you will stay with a friend/relative who is a Qatar citizen: Copy of their Qatar ID
  • Requirements for residents of GCC countries:
    • Residence visa for the GCC country
    • ID card for the GCC country
  • Any additional documents related to your travel purpose, such as:
    • Previous visas issued by Qatar, Schengen countries, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada.
    • A document showing you have invested at least $8,000 in Qatar
    • Birth certificate
    • Marriage certificate

Your Qatar visa is processed by Qatar’s Ministry of Interior. If the immigration officers in charge of handling your application think it is necessary for you to submit additional documents, they will let you know.

Make sure that all the electronic copies of your documents are scanned in color and are clear and fully legible.

How to Apply for a Qatar Online Visa for Tourism?

Anyone who is not eligible for a visa on arrival or for visa-exempt entry will be able to apply for a Qatar visa online, prior to travelling. You can apply for a Qatar visa through the website qatarvisaservice.com or through the Qatar Airways website (for those travelling with the airline company).

To apply for the Qatar online visa, you have to:

  • Complete the online application form and attach all the supporting documents.
  • Pay the visa fee through your debit/credit card (Visa or Mastercard). The Qatar online visa fee is QAR 100 (appx. US$ 27).

You will receive the outcome of your visa application on your email. Print it out and bring it with you to Qatar.

Note: Citizens of Egypt, Israel, Kosovo and Palestine are not eligible to apply for a Qatar visa online. They should contact the nearest Qatar embassy or consulate to learn how to proceed about a visa application.

Applying for a Qatar Transit Visa

If you will pass through Qatar on your way to a third destination and have a layover that’s longer than five hours, then you can apply for a Qatar transit visa. The Qatar transit visa is issued for free, and you can use it to enter and stay in Qatar for up to four days (96 hours).

You apply for the Qatar transit visa online, in the same manner as you would apply for a tourist visa. You will receive the visa via email.

The Qatar transit visa can’t be extended beyond 4 days! If you wish to stay longer than 4 days, you can apply for a regular tourist visa.

To apply, you have to submit a scanned copy of your passport and an onward-travel ticket and visa for the third country of destination (if a visa is required). Both your inward and outward flights have to be operated by Qatar Airways.

How Long Does It Take to Get a Qatar Visa?

If all the documents are in order, and there are no problems regarding your application, then most visa applications for Qatar are processed within 4 working days.

How Much Is the Qatar Visa Fee?

The Qatar tourist visa fee is QAR 100 (apps. US$ 27). If there are people accompanying you, such as dependent family members, there is a fee of QAR 50 (appx. US$13) for each of them.

However, you may have to pay an additional service fee for the company handling your visa application.

What Is the Duration of a Qatar Visa?

A Qatar visa is issued for a duration of 30 days and for a single entry. The visa can be extended from within Qatar via the Ministry of Interior.

Qatar Visa Extension

You can extend your Qatar visa by applying online at the Qatar Ministry of Interior website (here). You have to:

  • Enter your visa number, passport number, and the shown security code into the required fields to access the service.
  • Select how long you want to extend your visa for.
  • Pay the corresponding fee. For a 30-day visa extension, the fee is QAR 200.

Extending the Visa-Free Stay in Qatar

If you are from one of the countries allowed to enter Qatar without a visa for up to 30 days, you can extend your stay for another 30 days. You can apply for an extension at the Qatar Ministry of Interior’s Immigration Office at the Hamad International Airport or any of the MOI Service Centres across the country.

If you are from one of the countries that are allowed to stay in Qatar without a visa for up to 90 days within a 180-day period, you cannot extend your stay.

Overstaying beyond the permitted time means you have to pay a fee before you leave (QAR 200 per day, which is approximately US$ 54 per day).

Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme

The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) is a quota-based entrant scheme meant for skilled persons who wish to stay in Hong Kong to explore employment or business startup opportunities.

In order to secure entry into Hong Kong under QMAS scheme, you must satisfy the basic pre-requisites, pass a points based test and compete for quota allocation with other applicants. Under the scheme, a maximum of 1,000 applicants per year may be admitted into Hong Kong. You are allowed to bring your spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 to Hong Kong under the Dependant Visa scheme.

This guide explains eligibility requirements, application procedure, processing timeline, and other relevant information about the Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme. To learn about available Hong Kong visa schemes, refer to Guide to Hong Kong Visas.

  1. QMAS: Eligibility Criteria
  2. Documents Required
  3. Application Procedure and Timeline
  4. QMAS Visa Renewal
  5. Dependant Visa for Family

QMAS: Eligibility Criteria

  • Foreign nationals except nationals of Afghanistan, Albania, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea, Nepal and Vietnam are eligible to apply for the Scheme.
  • All applicants must satisfy all of the following pre-requisites:
    • Age – you must be 18 years of age or above at the time of making the application
    • Financial requirement – you must be able to demonstrate that you are capable of supporting and accommodating yourself and your dependants on your own financial resources without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong
    • Good character – you must not have any criminal record or other records that are detrimental to you either in Hong Kong or elsewhere
    • Language proficiency – you must be proficient (i.e. both written and spoken) either in Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English
    • Basic educational qualification – you must possess a good educational background. Normally it is preferable to possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised university or a tertiary educational institution. However, under special circumstances, in the absence of such a degree, documentary evidence of good technical qualifications, relevant professional abilities, achievements and experience will be considered.
  • Applicants who satisfy the pre-requisites must also pass either of the point based tests – General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Test.
    • Under the General Points Test, there are five point-scoring factors relating to age, academic/professional qualifications, work experience, language proficiency and family background. The minimum passing mark is 80 out of a maximum of 165 points.
    • The Achievement-based Points Test is meant for individuals with exceptional talent or skill who have outstanding achievements. There is only a one point-scoring factor of 165 points under this test, which will be awarded if
      • You have received an award of exceptional achievement (e.g. Olympic medals, Nobel prize, national/international awards); or
      • You can show that your work has been acknowledged by your peers or has contributed significantly to the development of your field (e.g. lifetime achievement award from the industry).

Note: All of the above must be supported by documentary evidence. For examples of documentary evidence click here.

Documents Required

  • Completed Application Form (English or Chinese Version)
  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport. If you are currently staying in Hong Kong, a copy of your passport page containing the latest arrival stamp/extension of stay label in Hong Kong.
  • A copy of your People’s Republic of China identity card (if any)
  • A completed Dependants visa application form along with supporting documents for each of the accompanying dependant family members. For details, see Hong Kong Dependants Visa Guide
  • A copy of proof of personal net worth like bank statements, bank certificates, statement showing the current market value of investments, valuation report showing the current market value of real estate, latest audited financial statements of a business, your percentage of shareholding in a business, creditor’s statement showing the amount of outstanding personal debt etc.
  • A copy of proof of language proficiency in Chinese or English like the result of a recognized language test (IELTS or TOEFL for English, PSC or HSK for Chinese)
  • A copy of proof of academic qualifications like graduation certificates, transcripts of academic records etc.
  • A copy of professional qualifications, training, membership certificates
  • A copy of proof of relevant work experience like employment reference letter, employment contract etc. (if you are employed with a company), official company registration documents showing your position in the business (if you own a business), client reference letter (if you are self-employed) etc.
  • A copy of evidence of key career accomplishments and future plan in Hong Kong

All documents submitted must be in English or Chinese or translated into English or Chinese by a certified translation body. The Immigration authorities reserve the right to demand further documents as and when necessary.

Application Procedure and Timeline

Once the application forms and supporting documents are ready, you can post the documents directly or have the documents submitted in person to the Hong Kong Immigration Department.

After the authorities receive your application, an acknowledgement will be mailed to you within one week.

The Immigration authorities will conduct a selection exercise for quota allocation on a quarterly basis. During the selection exercise you will be ranked according to the score you have secured, based on your points test and satisfying the pre-requisite criteria. Those who have secured high ranks will be short-listed for further assessment, where factors such as the socio-economic needs of Hong Kong, the sectoral mix of candidates and other relevant factors, will be considered in order to allocate the available quota in each selection exercise.

The result of the quota allotment will be published on the Immigration Department website within 15 days after the result of the exercise is known. The annual quota stands at 1000 entrants.

If you are allotted a quota in the selection exercise, an Approval-in-principle letter will be issued to you.

The Approval-in-principle allows you to enter Hong Kong on a visitor visa so that you can personally attend an interview and present originals of all documents submitted during the application to the Immigration Department for verification. Dependants are not required to attend the interview.

Furthermore, if you are a resident in Mainland China (including those who are currently residing in Hong Kong or Macau on a temporary basis), you are required to submit a letter of consent from your present working unit or relevant Mainland authorities where your records are kept, agreeing to release you to reside in Hong Kong. A sample of this letter of consent will be sent to you together with the Approval-in-principle letter.

Once the Immigration authorities are satisfied that all statements made or information provided during the application are true and complete, you will be granted formal approval.
Within one week of granting formal approval, you and your dependants will be issued with an entry visa/entry permit for stay in Hong Kong under the Scheme. Most visas issued under this scheme are valid for a one-year period.

If you are a Mainland resident (including those who are currently residing in Hong Kong or Macau on a temporary basis), you should, proceed to obtain an Exit-entry Permit for travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau (EEP) and a relevant exit endorsement before coming to Hong Kong under the Scheme.

The EEP and relevant exit endorsement mentioned above are not required for the purpose of entering Hong Kong under the Scheme, for an overseas Chinese national holding a PRC passport and who has obtained overseas permanent residence or who has been residing overseas for at least one year immediately before submission of the application. “Overseas” means places outside the Mainland, Hong Kong and Macau.

QMAS Visa Renewal

Visas issued under the QMAS are usually valid for a one-year period. Should you wish to extend your stay in Hong Kong, you should file the renewal application at least four weeks before your limit of stay expires. Your renewal application will be considered only if you satisfy the following criteria:

For persons admitted through the General Points Test under the Scheme – you must be able to demonstrate that you have taken steps to settle in Hong Kong by securing gainful employment or establishing a business within the one-year period. If you cannot demonstrate that you have taken such steps, a one-year extension may be granted at the discretion of the Immigration authorities, if such extension is deemed appropriate.

For persons admitted through the Achievement-based Points Test under the Scheme – you must be able to demonstrate that you are capable of supporting and accommodating your dependants on your own without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong.

Dependant Visa for Family

Applicants under this work permit scheme are eligible to bring their family members (spouse and unmarried dependent children under 18 years of age to Hong Kong) with them to Hong Kong. A dependant visa application must be filed for each family member for this purpose.

The dependant’s length of stay is tied to the applicant’s length of stay in Hong Kong and dependant visa holders are free to take up employment or study in Hong Kong, as applicable. For further details on dependent visa, refer to Hong Kong Family Visa guide.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *