The Retirement Visa For Mauritius program is designed to allow individuals who are retired from their professional life to live in Mauritius on a long-term basis. The program is open to applicants aged 50 years and above, and requires that they have a minimum annual income of USD $27,000 from pension or other sources of retirement income. In addition, applicants must show that they have enough financial resources to support themselves during their stay in Mauritius.
The Retirement Visa for Mauritius program is designed for individuals who are planning to retire in Mauritius. The visa allows holders to stay in Mauritius for up to 20 years, with the possibility of renewing the visa every 5 years. The visa also allows holders to import personal belongings and purchase property in Mauritius. To be eligible for the Retirement Visa for Mauritius, applicants must be at least 50 years of age and have a monthly income of at least MUR 30,000 (approximately USD 1,000). We will base our discussion today on – AA. But, other resources which you can find on our website include some frequently asked questions such as: living in mauritius pros and cons and best place to retire in mauritius
Retirement Visa For Mauritius
Mauritius is a beautiful country located in the Indian Ocean. It’s known for its white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, and luxurious resorts. The island nation is also a popular retirement destination for expats. If you’re looking to retire in Mauritius, you’ll need to apply for a retirement visa. In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of applying for a retirement visa for Mauritius. We will also provide some tips on what documents you need to prepare and how to make your application as smooth as possible.
Overview of retirement visa for Mauritius
The Retirement Visa for Mauritius is a popular option for retirees looking to enjoy their golden years in a tropical paradise. This visa allows you to live in Mauritius for up to two years, with the possibility of extension. The visa does not entitle you to work in Mauritius, but it does allow you to enjoy all that the island has to offer, including its pristine beaches, lush jungles, and vibrant culture.
To be eligible for a Retirement Visa for Mauritius, you must:
-Be at least 50 years old
-Have a valid passport
-Have proof of health insurance
-Have proof of income (pension, annuity, etc.)
-Have no criminal record
The retirement visa for Mauritius is a great option for those looking to retire in a tropical paradise. The process is relatively simple and can be completed in a few steps.
First, you will need to gather all of the required documents. These include your passport, proof of income, and health insurance. You will also need to fill out an application form and submit it to the Mauritian embassy or consulate in your home country.
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by the embassy staff. If everything looks in order, you will be issued a visa and can begin making plans to move to Mauritius. Congratulations!
The cost of a retirement visa for Mauritius depends on a number of factors, including the applicant’s age, country of origin, and financial situation.
For those aged 60 and over, the visa costs Rs 2,500 (approximately $US100) for a single entry or Rs 5,000 (approximately $US200) for a multiple entry visa. For those aged under 60, the cost is Rs 10,000 (approximately $US400) for a single entry or Rs 20,000 (approximately $US800) for a multiple entry visa.
There is also an application fee of Rs 1,000 (approximately $US40) which must be paid in cash or by bank draft at the time of applying for the visa.
Once issued, the retirement visa is valid for one year and can be renewed annually thereafter.
The Retirement Visa for Mauritius is a 10-year visa that allows individuals of retirement age to reside in Mauritius. There are no age restrictions for this visa, however, applicants must prove that they have sufficient financial resources to support themselves during their stay in Mauritius.
This visa also allows holders to import personal belongings and a vehicle duty-free. In addition, holders of the Retirement Visa are exempt from paying income tax on foreign pension income.
-What are the requirements for a retirement visa?
-What are the benefits of a retirement visa?
-How long is a retirement visa valid for?
-Is there an age limit for a retirement visa?
A Mauritian Retirement Visa allows foreign nationals to retire in Mauritius. The requirements for a Retirement Visa are as follows:
• The applicant must be aged 50 years or above;
• Proof of medical insurance cover;
• The applicant must hold a valid passport;
• A police clearance certificate from their country of origin or residence; and
• Evidence of financial means, i.e. proof of pension, annuity or investments amounting to at least US$20,000 per year.
The benefits of a Retirement Visa include:
• No restrictions on employment;
• Visa holders can apply for permanent residence after 5 years; and
• Family members can be included in the application.
A Retirement Visa is valid for 3 years and is renewable. There is no age limit for a Retirement Visa.
Applying for a retirement visa for Mauritius is a great way to enjoy your golden years in a tropical paradise. The process is relatively straightforward, and as long as you meet the requirements, you should have no problem getting approved. Once you’re on the island, you’ll be able to enjoy all that Mauritius has to offer, from its stunning beaches to its vibrant culture. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your retirement today!
Retirement Visa For Mauritius
Most of us have worked extremely hard throughout our lives, but when the time comes where we wish to retire, we sometimes struggle immensely with the fund. With so many countries around the world implementing a strict immigration program, it can be quite difficult to get a visa and settle down in another country. Mauritius, an island which belongs to Africa and is located in the Indian Ocean, is one such example.
What is a better way to spend your retirement than moving to an island? Located in the Indian Ocean, surrounded by nature, Mauritius is a retirement paradise for many expats. The idyllic landscapes, blend of cultures, and welcoming people are just a few of the reasons why Mauritius should be your top retirement destination.
To retire in Mauritius, you need to apply for a retirement visa. Mauritius offers Residence Permit as Retired Non-Citizen, a program for foreigners who want to continue their retirement in the territory of Mauritius and make it their second home.
The Residence Permit for retired foreigners may be granted to a retired non-citizen of Mauritius to allow him/her to reside in the country.
Who Can Get a Mauritius Residence Permit as Retired Non-Citizen?
To retire in Mauritius, you have to meet the following criteria:
- You have reached the retirement age of 50 years or above.
- You must transfer a minimum monthly amount of $1,500 or an annual transfer of at least $18,000 (or the equivalent in a convertible foreign currency) to a local bank account in Mauritius.
- You have to submit evidence of funds transfer to the Mauritius Economic Development Board.
Benefits of the Mauritius Retirement Visa
Obtaining a Mauritius Retirement Visa will grant you these benefits:
- You will be granted a 10-year residence permit and the opportunity to live in a peaceful environment.
- Your family members can also apply for a residence permit with the same validity as your permit.
- After ten years of residence, you are eligible for a 20-year residence permit.
- You have the right to invest in any business provided that:
- You are not employed in the business.
- You do not manage the business.
- You do not gain a monthly salary or employment benefits from the business.
Documents Required for a Mauritius Retirement Visa
Enclose the original and one copy of the following documents when applying for a Mauritius Retirement visa:
- Mauritius Retirement Visa Application Form.
- Passport and copies of the bio-data page of the passport. The passport you submit must be valid for six months from the date of application. You will get your passport back once your application has been accepted.
- Marriage certificate. Applicable only for an accompanying spouse.
- Photographs. Enclose four identical passport-size photographs that you have taken recently within the last three months. The photos should be in color.
- Original residence permit. This does not apply to accompanying spouses and dependents. The document will be returned to you after verification.
- Medical certificate. A certificate from a medical practitioner in Mauritius stating you do not suffer from any infectious or contagious disease.
- Police clearance. A sworn statement indicating that you have not been convicted of any criminal felony in your home country for the past 10 years.
- Means of subsistence. A certificate from your bank vouching you have transferred a minimum amount of $40,000 or its equivalent in a convertible currency annually to Mauritius during the last three years. This does not apply to accompanying spouses and dependents.
- Payment of fee. Proof you have paid the application fee of $25.
How to Apply for a Mauritius Retirement Visa?
To apply for a Mauritius Retirement Visa, you have to be present physically in the country at the time of the application.
- If you are a citizen of a visa-free or visa-on-arrival access country, you can enter Mauritius without a visa for 60 days using only your valid passport and apply for a residence permit after entering the country.
- If you are a citizen of a country that needs a visa to enter Mauritius, you must first apply for and obtain a Mauritius visa to enter the country at a Mauritius diplomatic mission abroad. After obtaining your visa, you can fly to Mauritius and apply for a Retirement Visa (Residence Permit as Retired Non-Citizen) at Mauritius’s Passport and Immigration Office.
Mauritius Retirement Visa Fees
The application process for a Mauritius Retirement Visa on the National E-Licensing System (NELS) is free of charge. Therefore, you will not be charged a fee for the processing process of your application either. Only successful applicants are required to pay the statutory permit fee of $25 to the Government of Mauritius.
What Is the Duration of the Residence Permit for Retired non-Citizens?
The Mauritius Retirement Visa is issued for a minimum period of three years and can be renewed. After ten years of residency, you can apply for a residence permit with 20 years validity, which you can renew for another 20 years if you still fulfil the residency requirements.
Can My Family Accompany Me?
Yes, you are allowed to take your family with you. Immigration policies in Mauritius promote family reunification, so your dependents such as a spouse, children (not older than 24 years), and parents are eligible to get a permanent residence permit, same as you.
How Much Does it Cost to Retire in Mauritius?
Depending on your standard of living, Mauritius can be very affordable. Ideally, when retiring in a new country, you would choose a place with a low cost of living and good quality of life.
For example, in the capital city Port-Louis, you can find apartments from $230 to $1,600; in Grand Bay, the average price range is from $345 to $690, etc. Generally, a single person can live comfortably in Mauritius for $550 per month without including rent.
Here is a presentation of the average living costs in Cambodia:
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre
|MONTHLY COSTS (85m2)
|Electricity, Water, Heating, Cooling, Garbage
Healthcare for Retirees in Mauritius
Public healthcare in Mauritius is managed by the Ministry of Health and is free for Mauritian citizens and residents. The public facilities have a large number of well-trained staff with more than 650 doctors, however, you can find yourself waiting for long hours to get medical assistance.
Although medical services in public hospitals are free, there are also several private clinics you can seek treatment. Mauritius has many private healthcare companies that provide the same medical treatments and are easily accessible to everyone.
Why Retire in Mauritius?
Here is why Mauritius is the perfect place to spend your retirement years:
- Healthcare. Citizens of Mauritius can get medical services in public or private health institutions. Mauritius offers free public healthcare with high-quality services and trained medical staff.
- Low tax rates. Retirees residing in Mauritius will benefit from the retirement tax benefits. The country has reduced or eliminated taxes for retirees. The absence of tax payments on wealth and inheritance attracts foreign retirees to choose Mauritius.
- Nature. Mauritius is the right place if you are looking for a getaway to get closer to nature. With its beautiful white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, rivers, and waterfalls, you will feel closer to nature than ever before. Mauritius will charm nature lovers who enjoy spending time surrounded by picturesque landscapes.
- Climate. A tropical climate characterizes Mauritius with hot temperatures all year round, perfect for spending the rest of your life on the beaches of the island. Living in Mauritius will have you experience the warm, humid summers and cool, dry winters. The island also ranked second in air quality in 2011.
- Cultural events. The public holidays in Mauritius are a combination of several cultures and religions. To learn more about the cosmopolitan culture of Mauritius, you must be part of the 13 festivals that are held throughout the year and enjoy the colors and vibrant atmosphere.
- People. Mauritius is a multi-ethnic society with people from South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, and China. Mauritians are known to be friendly people and are proud of their country, and will make you feel welcome.
- Local cuisine. The cuisine in Mauritius is a combination of Indian, Creole, French, and Chinese, and many unique dishes, so do not be surprised if you gain a little weight. Spice lovers will enjoy every dish because Mauritians use spices are their dominant component in their cooking.
- Biodiversity. Mauritius is home to some of the world’s rarest plants and animals due to its volcanic origin, age, isolation, and unique terrain.
Where To Retire in Mauritius?
The retirement paradise offers many areas that are adaptable for an enjoyable retirement. Whether you like a more vibrant or quiet lifestyle depends on your choice. Here are some of Mauritius’s best places for retirement to get a better idea of where you should retire.
The beautiful gem of the Indian Ocean will fascinate you with its beautiful beaches and turquoise lagoons. You can enjoy the sun, calm sea, and the beautiful beaches while sunbathing and swimming every day. To top all of this, you can also have one of the best experiences of your life by swimming with wild dolphins.
Located in the Moka District, Moka is one of the most beautiful villages you could spend your retirement in Mauritius. The beautiful village will capture your imagination with the mesmerizing beaches and forests. You can find many gorgeous residential homes where you can settle and large shopping centers you can explore. Moka offers a beautiful, peaceful, and welcoming environment for foreign retirees.
Port Louis is the capital city of Mauritius and has been rated as one of the most popular cities for expats. You will love the delicious local dishes at the Central Market while wandering around the colorful streets and visiting historical landmarks.
Known as the city of flowers, Quatre Bornes is one of the most dynamic towns in Mauritius. Quatre Bornes is a perfect family place and has many educational buildings for children. One of the best things about moving to Quatre Bornes is that you can find anything you need and want in the city’s market without needing to get out of town.
Curepipe is located in the Plain Wilhems district and is characterized by the beautiful mountains that give the city a mesmerizing view. Curepipe is an industrial area hosting several textile factories, a diamond processing industry, and a range of jewelry businesses. You can find many beautiful creations in handicraft shops around the area. The city also attracts many tourists so you will meet new people from all over the world.