Tourist Visa For Infant In Uae

UAE has been a destination for business travellers, leisure travellers and expats. It’s well known desert safaris, beaches , museums, restaurants, golf courses and other recreational facilities attracts tourists from all over the world. However tourist visa for infants in Uae is not that easy as it sounds. There are certain things that need to be taken care of so that travelling with infants is a seamless process.

Touriago is a visa for children who are traveling to the UAE. In general, if you have no other choice but to make your trip alone with your kids, it can be difficult to find a visa. We will guide you through the process of applying for a tourist visa for infant in Uae, which will enable you to save time and money!

If you are traveling with an infant, you may be able to travel to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on a tourist visa. To do so, you will need to apply for an “Entry Visa” through the UAE Embassy in your home country. The application process is simple and can be completed by mail.

If you plan to travel with an infant, it is important to understand the requirements for obtaining a tourist visa for infants in the UAE:

You must have all required documents including proof of relationship between parents and child (marriage certificate, birth certificate or adoption papers).

Your child must not be older than 2 years old at the time of entry into the country.

If your child is not yet two years old at the time of entry into the country, he or she will be granted a 30-day stay in Dubai only. After this initial period, children under two years old must leave Dubai and return home if they are not granted an extension of their stay by immigration authorities within 30 days from their arrival date in Dubai.

You need to apply for a UAE residence visa for a newborn baby within 120 days of his/her birth otherwise you will have to pay a AED100 fine for each day beyond the deadline. This process is the same as for a family residence visa :


  • Parent has a UAE residence visa.
  • Parent has a minimum monthly salary of Dhs.4,000 or Dhs.3500 with accommodation allowance.

List of Mandatory Documents:

  1. Sponsor Emirates ID (Original).
  2. Sponsor passport & residence visa page (passport at least minimum 6 months validity).
  3. Registered Tenancy contract / Ejari or Title Deed photocopy.
  4. Partner/ Investor visa holder should attach Company/Personal Statements for the last six months, Trade License Copy list, MOA
  5. Valid Salary Certificate, if the sponsor is a Government/Semi-government/Free zone Employee.
  6. Valid Labor Contract (issued by MOHRE), if the sponsor works in Private Sector.
  7. Recent Electricity Bill if house owned by a sponsor (Not rented).
  8. Child passport (Original), 1 passport size color photograph, white background (Studio type)
  9. Birth Certificate (Attested).
  10. Mother Passport with residence visa copy
  11. Emirates ID application form.
  12. Health Insurance Certificate or Card
  13. Dubai Court Attested NOC letter signed by the Father (If Mother Sponsor)
  14. Sponsor Account IBAN Number.

Birth certificate and residence visa for newborn expatriates

Residents have a maximum period of 30 days to register their child’s birth in the UAE. If the parents are of different nationalities, the child will adopt the nationality of the father.

To process the birth certificates, a parent must submit the following identification papers to the hospital where the child is born, or to the relevant health authority in the emirate:

  • attested Arabic translated marriage certificate, if it is in a language other than Arabic
  • copy and original of husband’s and wife’s passport and residence visa
  • birth notification details from the hospital
  • discharge summary from the hospital.

All expatriates must get birth certificates attested by Ministry of Health and Prevention and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. Birth certificates stamped by Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (HAAD) or Dubai Health Authority (DHA) are equivalent to the seal of Ministry of Health and Prevention.

Residents have 120 days from the birth of their child to arrange the formal documents which includes birth certificates, passports, Emirates ID and visas of their new born babies. If the residence visa is not finalised within 120 days, then a fee of AED100 per day would be charged for each day over the 120-day period, and the baby will not be allowed to exit the country. Read details about how to sponsor a residency visa for your children in the UAE.

Related links

Updating family book (UAE nationals)

After you get the birth certificate, you should visit the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs with the same set of required documents to add the new born to the family book.

For more information, you can check below links:

Getting a passport

Based on the birth certificate, you can apply for a passport of the baby.

UAE nationals can apply for their children’s passport through General Directorates of Residence and Foreigners Affairs/Citizenship Departments. They can also apply online through the Ministry of Interior’s website.

Expatriate residents need to apply to their embassy in the UAE.

For more information, refer to the links below:


Once you have a tourist visa for infant in UAE, you may then apply for your family to join you. To do this, the sponsor must apply for a resident permit on their behalf. It is the responsibility of the sponsor to do this as soon as possible. In order to be considered eligible for a residence visa, it is usually necessary for the applicant to hold a minimum B-class resident’s visa status in another country. The foreign national then has between 2 and 6 months after they are granted their entry visa, based on their country of origin and current status in that country, to arrange an extension or change of status.

Leave a Comment